FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

If the defence is less than 50% complete then ... wow! :shock:

The defence is so good already!

what i don't like the most is the replay camera.

I don't like the replay camera as well..it's always up close on the player running from behind. I want it to show the replay from diff angles.

One question for Jack or anyone else that may know this:

Is the 5v5 Pro mode 5 against 5..or is it 11 vs 11 and each one can only control 5 players and the rest are CPU controlled?

Just seen the league list, I like :)

Glad there's a few lower league from different countries. I used to enjoy being Las Palmas in the Spanish second div, they had a quality DC named Aythami. I'll be going Las Palmas at some point :)

If the defence is less than 50% complete then ... wow! :shock:

The defence is so good already!
I've been told that the main difference is relating to the difference between teams, for example you'll find some teams have a tightly knit defence that don't make mistakes, but poorer teams will have poorer defences and be prone to running out at players, leaving gaps. But then that worries me because there's the chance that you'll get used to the demo and then find the final game has been simplified... (Bear in mind I worry about what to have for breakfast)

But anyway, we should have it in our grubby mitts at FIFASoccerBlog.com by the end of the week, and then we can find out everything for certain. Suff is the guy who told us about the response times, but it's an EA source who's quoted as saying the above, so you know which is the more reliable!

Is the 5v5 Pro mode 5 against 5..or is it 11 vs 11 and each one can only control 5 players and the rest are CPU controlled?
From what EA are saying it's a Be A Pro mode addition, so it will most likely be that you choose one player and stick with him for the entire match, with four more players being controlled by different people, and the rest being CPU controlled. If that makes sense.

Last edited:

Ah yeah, forgot about that. I wonder what the reasoning is...

Someone has just offered me a quote on MSN from Joe Booth apparently, saying that the defence is less than 50% complete on the demo, so... :eh: This is why I don't usually quote stats, because half of the time they differ wildly, even from different people working on the game itself.

the defence is less than 50% comeplete I dont wanna play em at a 100% then :lol:

to be honest if its only 50% they are making the game way too hard (for semi pro)

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't like the replay camera as well..it's always up close on the player running from behind. I want it to show the replay from diff angles.

And I have a different answer I believe it will be either

5v5 with you only controlling 1 player each and the rest cpu controlled

and the option of controlling 2 players each (if the room is full)

so 2 players controlled by 10 players = 20 and so on if its capable of paying 4v4 etc

this is what I was told anyway guess we will have to wait and see post release anyway for concrete details

I'd like to see weaker teams make more mistakes and leave gaps. To be honest, we should be able to whack lower teams with us playing as Barcelona etc. Well, not whack, but we should be able to find space a lot easier anyway. And we're a lower team too, I'm sure our player stats will reflect and we wont be able to pass as accurately to take advantage of spaces etc.

I'd like to see weaker teams make more mistakes and leave gaps. To be honest, we should be able to whack lower teams with us playing as Barcelona etc. Well, not whack, but we should be able to find space a lot easier anyway. And we're a lower team too, I'm sure our player stats will reflect and we wont be able to pass as accurately to take advantage of spaces etc.
When I played FIFA a few years ago, I think it was 05 or 06, I really liked the game at first but then I realised that if you put the difficulty onto World Class, you could be Brazil vs Cheltenham and Cheltenham would be matching you. I was so annoyed because in PES they get it reasonably correct - if you edit a lower-league team in, they will only be able to play to the best of their abilities, not turn into Brazil if you whack the difficulty up.

But I'm being told that's not the case in FIFA 08, I just hope that's right.

Anyone else finding that very rarely, no matter how hard your press the trigger or right analog stick it won't let you switch player (assistance set to 0)?

As I said, very rarely.

Yep, I've mentioned before JayM, it only seems to happen to me after a corner is headed out. Player selection seems to "lock".

Yep, I've mentioned before JayM, it only seems to happen to me after a corner is headed out. Player selection seems to "lock".

Not only corners, it also seems to happen quite often when the CPU defence cleares the ball out of to box after a cross. Pretty much the only thing I find anoyying in the demo.

The same thing when any hig ball for me, the player locks, and you cant move them, they guide theirselves to the yellow cross, well for me.

In regards to Jack's post, it was me who was in contact with Joe Booth.

Joe interacts on the Leeds United rivals board and a good mate of mine was kind enough to give me his email adress.

I asked a few questions about the defensive AI including the build we have seen in the demo. He assured me the defensive AI we have seen is indeed just a pre-build on the final version of FIFA 08. He said that the defensive engine was one of the most important aspects of the game and they wanted to re-create the defensive line from scratch. He told me that we had only seen 40% of the defensive AI abilty in the demo. Which makes me believe that the demo is about 2-3 months shy of the final release.

He explained the weaker the teams "star" the more likley a defence will:

a) Leak sloppy goals
b) Lose it's shape
c) create gaps and space to exploit
d) Lose its offside line

JB: He did say on occassion, which to me says it wont always be attack and score.

I then went on to ask about the sound and atmosphere. He responded back telling mem that in FIFA 08 they have tried to adopt a small dossage of dynamic sound and atmosphere that link with whats happening on the pitch, he expects this to be fully up to date come FIFA 09, he also explained they wanted to get the gameplay engine up to speed in FIFA 08 therefore lack of time played its part on other things like sound/updating graphics etc.

I didnt want to ask Joe too much because i felt very cheeky, however he did say dont hesitate to get in touch if i wanted to know anything else.

I am willing to send one more email, and im wondering whether you would like me to focus on the Goalkeeper AI? I know a few people on the board arent happy with certain things in the demo.

Pleased to be of help,

Jamie.

In regards to Jack's post, it was me who was in contact with Joe Booth.

Joe interacts on the Leeds United rivals board and a good mate of mine was kind enough to give me his email adress.

I asked a few questions about the defensive AI including the build we have seen in the demo. He assured me the defensive AI we have seen is indeed just a pre-build on the final version of FIFA 08. He said that the defensive engine was one of the most important aspects of the game and they wanted to re-create the defensive line from scratch. He told me that we had only seen 40% of the defensive AI abilty in the demo. Which makes me believe that the demo is about 2-3 months shy of the final release.

He explained the weaker the teams "star" the more likley a defence will:

a) Leak sloppy goals
b) Lose it's shape
c) create gaps and space to exploit
d) Lose its offside line

JB: He did say on occassion, which to me says it wont always be attack and score.

I then went on to ask about the sound and atmosphere. He responded back telling mem that in FIFA 08 they have tried to adopt a small dossage of dynamic sound and atmosphere that link with whats happening on the pitch, he expects this to be fully up to date come FIFA 09, he also explained they wanted to get the gameplay engine up to speed in FIFA 08 therefore lack of time played its part on other things like sound/updating graphics etc.

I didnt want to ask Joe too much because i felt very cheeky, however he did say dont hesitate to get in touch if i wanted to know anything else.

I am willing to send one more email, and im wondering whether you would like me to focus on the Goalkeeper AI? I know a few people on the board arent happy with certain things in the demo.

Pleased to be of help,

Jamie.
Mu question would be "is elland road in the game???" I think i know the answer to that, looks like we will be stuck in some generic lower league staduim, well, i suppose thats what we are for the time being!!!

Ask him about cameras :) Will there be more in game, or zoom or angle options. Tell them lots of people think Tele is too far and Dynamic too close. :)

Yes please ask him about the goal keepers if they are aware of how buggy they are in the demo and if they'll sort it out.

Ofcourse, ask him if they will implement the diff goal/net styles for corresponding stadiums in future installments.

Also, will a full training mode be available in this next-gen version such as PC version?

Ask him about edit mode, confirm we can fix all the errors in appearance (face, hair, skintone) for generic players, and ask if these fixes can be made to an already active manager mode save as with PES ;)

Ask him about edit mode, confirm we can fix all the errors in appearance (face, hair, skintone) for generic players, and ask if these fixes can be made to an already active manager mode save as with PES ;)

i read if the player has a pre made face then no editing but if they have generic face then you can edit it

The worst of all that this happens online too! Konami just seems to pick someone who is going to win the match. You have to walk the ball into the goal to score in some matches! Shot bars going sky high after just a tiny tiny touch in front of an open goal.

Disgusting. With the arcade speed, it's my biggest letdown of PES6.

Anyway, just have to say another time how revolutionary manual passing is. It changes the way of playing football games. Hard to find patterns now:applause:

Not to mention when your defenders suddenly stop responding just to allow the striker to go past the defence and score after 80 minutes of overwhelming superiority... Or how "strange" it is that when you get to an "unusual" high ranking for your profile's record on XBL (sorry for my lack of English vocabulary), you simply start to loose matches that otherwise would be clear victories (say 3-0 or more, 19-12 shots/shots on goal)..

These are the reasons why I stopped playing on XBL (they also happen on the ML and friendlies), and why I will wait and see what happens with 2008 edition. If it still forces you to loose a match because it "has to happen", then I'm waiting for next years' Konami effort.

Just saw something new in the game

played a through ball that was over hit and the goalie came out and claimed it and slid a little out of the area. The ref blew the whistle and gave me a free kick and the keeper a yellow card :)

Ofcourse, ask him if they will implement the diff goal/net styles for corresponding stadiums in future installments.

Also, will a full training mode be available in this next-gen version such as PC version?

And are the nets in the final build better than the demo.

@ Jamie, ive got the best question for you to ask Joe;

Tell him about the new fifablog and its roots and the succes wenb had and ask if it would be alright to forward his email to one of the editors of fifablog.

Im sure he would appreciate the educated feedback the fifablog (chris/jayd) can give as they are part of the fan community (of both pes/fifa).

Doing that will mean we can keep a link to him, and maybe even give the blog some exclusive news/interviews from time to time. You never know. I think it would be better then to ask a game specific question, its out next week so it wont really matter what he says as we will found out soon enough anyway.

yeh..that please!!edit mode is very important!

and also about the gks ai... ask if they still jump late on shoots from long range...

Back
Top Bottom