FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

and by the way belgium PSN, I thought we had european and UK and US and Jap..................

I was also thinking that...but i just can't find the FIFA demo...and i remember another Belgian member telling the same thing....

I guess you are Dutch, where did you found the demo on PSN????

It certainly isn't under the new features or under the demo's...I've been browsing that daily...

edit: by the way thanks for the help...

i can't decide if i should get the german version early (local small gamestore, probably a day or two before streetday) or preorder from an english retailer to avoid the horrible german commentators. damn. :(

Weird review, he makes it sound quite buggy with goalkeepers/defenders and yet says he can't wait to buy it... :eh: Sounds like there's still issues though, watch the online league crowd halve now...

cant believe the camera angles are the same as the demo, i hate the side on thing, i always have an angle, i love the demo other than the cameras, unless the reviewer wasnt looking hard enough.

wow PES 2008 is set to release in SPRING 2008 for America,a really stupid move cause I used to buy both game everyyear but now with that late release konami wont sell in america thats for sure with FIFA being an awesome game I wont even think about buying the new PES,I mean how can you release a football game on spring when the season about to end,wow lazy move by konami its like their leaving the market for EA. But at the end of the day im happy since ill just have to buy one footie game this year =p

Do you think we'll get an auto update to relfect Mourinho leaving chelsea?

On fif07 the commentary often made reference to the managers and i love my games to be as up to date as possible --- so i dont want them chatting on about Mourinho as hes not there anymore.

Do you think we'll get an auto update to relfect Mourinho leaving chelsea?

On fif07 the commentary often made reference to the managers and i love my games to be as up to date as possible --- so i dont want them chatting on about Mourinho as hes not there anymore.
The thing is though, you have to look at it as, the season starts on August 1st. So if they're chatting about Mourinho on the first day of the season, they would in real life as well. I think it's expecting a bit much to ask for them to change that (and they're not going to pay the commentators £5,000 a minute just to say "shame that Jose's gone").

I mean, what happens if they're still saying it after ten seasons? I doubt all the same Premiership managers will be there in ten seasons.

Me neither Cammey, hopefully it will stay clear of the final version. I haven't had the CPU scores every free kick bug either, they haven't scored a single one :shock: Maybe I'm just a better defender than you guys ;) Hehe :lol:

Good to hear they have got third kits in, and unlockable gives another reason to play single player :thumbup:

maybe you guys havent noticed it conincides with the fact that no one can score cause the demo is too short too bring out these flaws...

maybe you guys havent noticed it conincides with the fact that no one can score cause the demo is too short too bring out these flaws...
Gomito, a few people say they're getting 5/6 shots a game in the demo now, and they're not noticing goalkeeper issues. I accept that they're there, Airjoca has noticed them and I trust what he has to say, but hand on heart I've seen one or two terrible goalkeeper mistakes in 200 matches. This ISN'T A DIG at PES but I would rather have a game that's new/innovative but displays a bug every 10/20 games (never mind 100/200), than something that's "perfect" but nothing new.

In that review the guy said EA would bring back dpad control in 09 if they got feedback requesting it. They should know better, especially if they want to bring PES veterans into their game.

The thing is though, you have to look at it as, the season starts on August 1st. So if they're chatting about Mourinho on the first day of the season, they would in real life as well. I think it's expecting a bit much to ask for them to change that (and they're not going to pay the commentators £5,000 a minute just to say "shame that Jose's gone").

I mean, what happens if they're still saying it after ten seasons? I doubt all the same Premiership managers will be there in ten seasons.

No i didn't mean they should add in more lines - just to remove or stop the game loading the lines about him being there.

-

The GK videos the first one - the header where he flops to the floor- i can see that happening in real life easily. The keeper expects a power header so leaps early and instead it has no power in it --- i think it just let itself down as the keeper didnt react as the ball floated by him as the do in PES.

the 2nd one was terrible!

the last long range lob was fine in my eyes.

The shot was blocked from view by the opposing defender and then it flew over everyones head - looked like it was going over and went in as the keeper ran back.

The keeper would have expected the DF to block the shot so has no real reason to be on his line ready for a long range shot

Last edited:

Not trying to plug the site, honestly, but at FIFASoccerBlog.com I've just posted up a list of the new features from current-gen FIFA (CLICK HERE). Now I know you're thinking "so what, this is the next-gen thread, you CLOD!!", but there's an example picture of a formation from last year's FIFA and a formation from this year's FIFA, and the database EA use is implemented across the formats - so it should apply to the next-gen game as well. Quite a difference to have custom formations implemented (and the pictures are direct from EA so, proof that they are there).

Last edited:

the last long range lob was fine in my eyes.

The shot was blocked from view by the opposing defender and then it flew over everyones head - looked like it was going over and went in as the keeper ran back.

The keeper would have expected the DF to block the shot so has no real reason to be on his line ready for a long range shot

I thought the same mate.

Back
Top Bottom