FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

PLacebo would you be so kind and check in UCL if you can set zoom and angle? :=)

I checked and you can only choose the camera, no zoom or angle, I was remembering wrong I'm afraid :(

Placebo when is the Asian version out? As you know, I have an asian 360. play-asia just have it down for october 2007.

I believe October 9th, although I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere by EA yet :(

Just a quick note to say that WENB's FIFA site has now opened, FIFA Soccer Blog - www.fifasoccerblog.com. Hopefully we'll be getting news before most other sites, so stay tuned for updates. :)

Gaaah why must they put real life football scores on there? I glance at the site for 5 seconds and now the result of Derby - Newcastle is spoiled for me and I just downloaded the bloody thing :(

It's a Fifa blog can you please just stick to news about Fifa without the need for real football news that 8 billion other sites carry? That way people don't have to avoid the blog simply because they don't want football matches ruined......

guys is it me or the shoots are more powerfull while hoding the LB(360) button on new alternative?
i just have this feeling..but still not sure if its just an impression.

I just noticed something really cool, I was playing as Man Utd and giggs and Ronaldo swapped positions like they do in real life, well impressed

and they stay in this position during some time or it was just in that play??
this is amazing!!!!
i´m loving the AI in this game and see the players changing positions all the time, trying to create space for passes is amazing realistic!!!!!!!!!1
great game!!!!!!!!!!:applause::applause:

I made a quick video showing some of the basic tricks and using them to get past defenders. Easy and effective.

Here's the Video

Sorry for youtube quality.

The Third trick is rollover, left stepover, rollover

Last edited:

Well, two more videos from me. :)

First, Messi trying to cross, defenders throwing their bodies in the way, I liked the animations:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwT9-plyr9w

2nd, nice piece of skill by Henry > Etoo > Ronnie goal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFsHjcT2kOE

It's "great" not having a job right now... ;)

Of everything I saw so far, these are the most impressive. I love how Messi looks up from the ball to spot a free guy, and yeah, how the defender jumps in front is unbelievable. And in the second movie, how the defender is fooled.. and the keeper is on his wrong feet but still makes an attempt. I always loved the keeper-on-the-wrong-feet-animation in PES, glad to see F08 has it too. Things like these make me drool and pinch myself.

guys is it me or the shoots are more powerfull while hoding the LB(360) button on new alternative?
i just have this feeling..but still not sure if its just an impression.

Nope, its true. I tend to find if you hold LB + RT, they are even MORE powerful, but maybe thats just me haha.

Oh and that Be A Pro video looks AMAZING. I was actually wondering if they would use the same sort've camera like in Free Roam but then I thought, 'Nah, that wouldn't work'. It looks like they have though, and it damn sure looks like it works :D

I know this is a REALLY small thing to point out but I hope they fix the collar on the arsenal home kit in fifa 08. It does not go white all around the neck:

I know that no-one is really that interested but I'm really, really loving this game.

I scored the greatest goal of my 23 year gaming career last night.

Playing as Man Utd (whose formation seems to suit my style of play best (with Saha for Tevez btw)) had a slick interchange of passing in left midfield, around the halfway line between Evra, Carrick and Giggs.

Giggs played a through ball to Scholes 30 yards out and as he turned to face the goal Ronaldo started making a run behind the left back.

I played a (ground) through ball which split the CB and LB in two and with a low hard first time shot, Ronaldo found the bottom corner.

Possibly sounds very average but the speed and precision of the entire move was just amazing.

Ronaldo's run was totally realistic too, as was the way he hit the ball.

So effin sweet.

I'm so jealous of the people scoring brilliant goals, especially the guy who did a goal kick straight to Rooney and scored a thumping goal on the counter. Made it look so easy.

My goals so far have been a deflection, a header that went in off the crossbar and a rebound off the goalkeeper. I'm having a nightmare trying to score.

I'm so jealous of the people scoring brilliant goals, especially the guy who did a goal kick straight to Rooney and scored a thumping goal on the counter. Made it look so easy.

My goals so far have been a deflection, a header that went in off the crossbar and a rebound off the goalkeeper. I'm having a nightmare trying to score.

I found it hard to score at 1st Jack.

Its all about timing your moves and patience.

Saying that I find that with Bayern the direct long ball style also works effectively

I know this is a REALLY small thing to point out but I hope they fix the collar on the arsenal home kit in fifa 08. It does not go white all around the neck:

its the long sleeved version been shown in the game maybe it does unless you have an image to prove it doesnt...

I think this is the ultimate in pickiness! I mean ... wow. How often do you see a players neck? :lmao:

Whatever floats your boat mate :)

I found it hard to score at 1st Jack.

Its all about timing your moves and patience.

Saying that I find that with Bayern the direct long ball style also works effectively

Hiya mate, can you tell me where you got your fifa 08 , everton AVATAR from please, looks good.

Cheers.

Are you on manual shooting?

Is anyone on manual everything? Sod me trying to learn on manual everything if everyone is using semi! :p

passing : Assisted
Through pass: assisted
lob pass : asssited
shooting : assisted
crossing : semi

thats mine

and its fine for me i score alot of goal 2-3 goals a game...

its all down to personal preference but manual on everything in this game wont work for me ever

i have nailed my configuration now and am playing some beautiful football

especially with manual through ball with which you can slide balls though the 2 centre backs at an angle for Ronaldo to latch onto :)

i must say the Ai of your teammates is brilliant

like this clip i posted before, Tevez' diagonal run down the flank away from the defender and Rooneys late surge into the box. Very clever game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvIpCMEWtpM

Anyone scored a thumping Volley yet?

I scored a huge volley from outside the area with Rooney, it flew into the top corner, the keepers dive was a brilliant piece of animation though, really did feel like i was sit in the crowd watching the ball fly!

Last edited:

Anyone scored a thumping Volley yet?

I scored a huge volley from outside the area with Rooney, its flew into the top keeper, the keepers dive was a brilliant piece of animation though, really did feel like i was sit in the crowd watching the ball fly!

yes i have 3 times with henry :)

Players run like they're in mud. Long ball and crosses still feel like your kicking around the beach ball. Players still look freakish up close. No thanks!!!!

Back
Top Bottom