FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Quick question about the online leagues in the full game.

Does anyone know how exactly they will work? As in, can you create your own with your friends or are they created and set up by EA?

Do you have to play a game a week like you would in a normal league, or can you play whenever you want?

The same goes for cups and what not, how will they work?

Once again, sorry if this has been covered already

Probably better reading the last few posts of this thread mate:

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=42898

Sorry if this seems to be a stupid question since I haven't played FIFA 07 on the XBOX 360 .Could you guys tell me if it will possible a national side and play some world/continent cup ?If so ,are there some eliminatory matches like on WE?
Thks

A nice goal i just scored with Rooney, a very quick attack and goal. From Van Der Sar's kick to the back of the other net in 10 seconds! Lovely finish too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJrDkLN5Gd8

nice one m8... looked very real to me...
and yeh..great finnish..do u use shooting one assited or what? im currently using semi.. but im thinking of going back to assited... im not beeing able to hit the top corner like u did since i started to play on semi...
most of my goals come from low shots along the field.

I've really tried to play with the shooting on manual, but I just can't hit the goal. No matter what I do, the ball will always hit the adboards or some unlucky guy's head. :cry:

Let's try with the shooting on semi now. :|

I have shooting on manual and am starting to master it, i have scored 3 goals in 3 halves tonight :). Player of the demo, for me, like Brunnoce mentioned (I think it was you :)...Ze Roberto. He is awesome. Quick, Agile, Nimble and can pass. He wins everything for me.

Forgot to say guys. Big tip for manual shooting.

WHEN YOU ARE GOING TO SHOOT, LET GO OF THE LEFT ANALOGUE STICK, THEN SHOOT, THEN ADD YOUR DIRECTION. DO NOT PRESS SHOOT WHILE HOLDING YOUR DIRECTION OR YOU WILL FLUFF MOST OF YOUR SHOTS. IT TOOK ME ABOUT 100000 HALVES TO FIGURE THIS OUT :D

I just noticed something really cool, I was playing as Man Utd and giggs and Ronaldo swapped positions like they do in real life, well impressed

Nice, Tim and kouroux. Did you do all those tricks, kouroux?

One thing I like about this game is the animations, especially when hitting the ball. Everything just looks so real, which has a lot to say. When I play PES (which I've been doing every day since PES on PS2!) I sometimes stop to watch the replay of a certain shot or pass or something, and see how strange it looks.

Just have a look at the trailer for PES2008 (http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg6vxIK2eHk). After Ronaldo's picture is gone, some French player does a trick, an Ivorian player tackles and after that a Scottish player or something hits the ball. Look how strange they all look. Who tackles or shoots like that? It just doesn't look real.

JayD mentioned to me on MSN the other night, in the demo, Man Utd had someone sent off and straight away they changed formation and subbed a striker for a defender. Sounds so simple but it's about time really.

EA Q&A

http://www.letsplayfifa.com/index.php?nav=news/details&id=431

Well no weather on next gen makes me worry. I dont care much about snow but does this mean we wont have rain too?

CG = Current Gen Version (PC, PlayStation 2)
NG = Next Gen Version (XBOX360, PlayStation 3)

You've sent us your questions regarding FIFA 08 ... and EA has answered them, exclusively here at LetsPlayFIFA.com.

to community webmasters: do not copy without linking the source!

Are there more official goalkeeper kits?
CG: All the top teams will have their official goalkeeper kits in FIFA 08, currently we're looking at more then 140 original goalie kits for FIFA 08.
NG: Yes, we’ve created more kits this year than in any other version of FIFA. In fact I can tell you that we have close to 1400 kits in the game this year. This includes the obvious official home and away kits as well as official goalkeeper kits for all the top teams. We also have a selection of 3rd kits that can be accessed via the Fan Shop within the game.

Will there be real money in manager mode, and will you be able to select between Euro, Pound Sterling, and US Dollar?
ALL: Yes, in Manager Mode you’ll have the option to select which currency will be used. The options are Euro, Pound Sterling and the US Dollar. This option is available from the Manager Contract screen at the start of the game mode.

Can we use official boots like in FIFA 07 for created players and edit existing players boots?
CG: No and no, however there are more generic boots to choose from for created players – fifteen in all.
NG: Yes, we have all the latest official boots in FIFA 08 and you’ll be able to edit existing and created players and select which boots you want them to wear

Will there be real companies for sponsors in manager mode or will it be generic ones?
ALL: No, it will be fictional companies as in FIFA 07.

Can keepers get sent off or injured this year?
CG: Yes! In 08 you can take full control of your keeper with GK Control. This lets you directly control your GK in one-on-ones, corners and free kicks. You can also get injured or even sent off and you’ll need to put someone else in goal. Keep this in mind when you’re deciding which players you want on the bench.
NG: Unfortunately we weren’t able to add this feature into the game this year but it’s on the list for next year.

Has defensive heading been improved?
CG: Yes, attributes now play a bigger role when deciding who wins or loses an aerial battle, since defensive players are generally stronger then attacking players this feels more realistic in FIFA 08.
NG: We have done lots of work on our trapping system and our in air trapping system to give the user more control over in air situations. Headers are definitely balanced a lot better this year as a result.

Will players be able to choose from the whole squad rather than just fifteen players when playing online?
ALL: Unfortunately, it will be the same as FIFA 07. You get to play with the pre-selected squad of 16 players. However, this list will be updated once around launch and once after the January transfer window with our transfer database updates. If you think the first 16 players for the teams are wrong please let us know in the forums and we’ll look at making changes for the winter update.

Is there a free-kick editor?
CG: No but it’s a nice idea but we have got some good changes to the formation system this year.
NG: No we don’t have this feature. We spent a lot of time working on the free-kick system to give the user more control over their shot using topspin, backspin and sidespin.

Is the crowd 3D?
CG: No. We still have a very nice looking crowd but they are 2D. We spent a lot of our “graphics” energy this year introducing our new dynamic lighting and exposure (aka HDR for lighting gurus). It looks really good.
NG: Yes and they look lovely.

Will it be possible to simulate individual matches or dates in Manager Mode?
ALL: Yes, individual matches can be simulated via the visual or quick-sim however it won’t be possible to sim to a specific date but who would want to as in FIFA 08 you have the option to schedule mid-week practices to improve specific player attributes.

Can we now save replays?
CG: You’ve always been able to save replays in FIFA PS2 and PC. However, in FIFA 08 PC we have added 2 new options. First, you can save/record a replay of the entire match. This is great for analyzing your performance in a match, as well as recording the finals of gaming tournaments. Second, you can now export your saved replays to a video file on your hard drive. This makes putting together your own highlights package (or blooper reel) even easier for you to share with your friends or everyone on the Internet through video sharing sites.
NG: This is one of the exciting new features we’re introducing into FIFA 08. You can now upload your replays directly to a specific location on the internet and then access it straight away. You can now share that replay with the entire FIFA community. We’ve been testing this feature internally and it’s generated a lot of banter and debate as to who has scored the best goal of the day and who had the worst result

Will weather be a feature in FIFA 08?
CG: In FIFA 08 PS2 and PC, we added the Winter weather effect. This comes with variable snowfall during the match, visible breath, snow/frost on and around the pitch. It’s a great looking package that really makes you feel like you’re playing on a frozen pitch mid-winter.
NG: Not in FIFA 08 unfortunately. When we do weather, we want weather to affect primarily the pitch and how the ball and players move across the surface and then we want to ensure our visuals are ultra-realistic with kits, player’s skin and hair and the stadium and crowd all being affected by the weather conditions.

How have free kicks changed from FIFA 07?
CG: We have done a couple of things to Free Kicks in FIFA 08. First, we have tuned the shooting model so that you have to work even harder to put the ball in the back of the net. Second, we’ve added a feature where you can lock the camera, but change where you are aiming. This is great when you’re playing against your mates. When you’ve locked the camera, a little rumble will let you know when aiming directly at either post. When you combine this with our new goalkeeper controls, free kicks turn into a real duel.
NG: We re-worked the free-kick system from 07 and it now gives the user more control over the power and spin of the ball

Will there be more club crest gamer pictures available?
NG: We are still working on our downloadable content plan and will announce something closer to launch

Will there be a full practice pitch in the next-gen version like we have seen in previous titles on current gen; not the arena but the full-on pitch where you can select how many players on each side?
NG: Not for FIFA 08. Our focus was to really invest in our core 11 v 11 gameplay experience and we’re still using our Arena to showcase the new gameplay features that you’ll see this year. The skill move feature alone has a huge impact to what you can do in the Arena.

How are the goal keepers going to change based on the new shooting system?
NG: Increasing the variety and realism of the shooting system has allowed us to make similar strides with the GK. Some of these improvements include:
- Shot Preparation: The GK will prepare to save by hopping forward to narrow the angle and getting into a crouch position, thus narrowing the angle and enabling him to dive further.
- Reaction time: After a shot is taken the GK will take a little time to react to the shot to enable him to ‘read’ the ball trajectory.
- Line of sight: If he cannot see the ball being kicked then his reactions will be slower
- Anticipation Saves: In 1-on-1 situations the GK will realize that the shot is too close to react to and thus preemptively dive as soon as the attacker starts to kick
- Momentum: More realistic momentum will enable the user to wrong foot the GK. If the GK is moving left for example it will inhibit his ability to save shots that go to his right.
- Animations: All of the GK animations have been reworked making them more fluid and realistic.

Will the pitch degrade during a match or over the course of the season?
NG: Yes, we have seasonal pitch wear to show how the pitch will degrade throughout the season and improve slightly towards the end of the year when the weather improves. But through the winter months in Manager Mode you will see a noticeable difference. The stadium you’re playing in will also make a difference. For example, playing in a Division 2 stadium will not have the same maintenance as the big top league grounds.

Can we play 2 vs 2 online?
NG: Yes you will be able to play 2 vs 2 online using Multi-Player Co-op

Is shirt-pulling part of the game?
NG: No however we have done lots of work on physical play including a new jostling system and a re-written collision system with 100’s of new collision animations.

Hi guys, Ive not read the sudden boom of pages since this morning so Im sorry if Im repeating something thats already been announced.

Im here to say www.fifasoccerblog.com is now live!

Currently its in a beta stage (only had 5 days to get it up and running) but you should see it develop over the next few weeks into a much more complete and prettier site.

The main draw of visiting the blog is the fact that EA will be working very closely with us. Tbh that was the only reason why we accepted the approach, and because it has the potential to be huge. We hope we can create something quite unique for all the fans of a series rapidly gaining critical acclaim for their efforts.

Also, luckily for you me and Suff arent running the site ;) You have your very own Jack Bauer and JayD looking after the site, while me and Suff take a back seat and relay info from EA. Im sure you will all agree they are the perfect people for the job!

Look forward to the team receiving the final code a few days early, hopefully giving you as much info as possible before general release.

One final think to note is that we wont be having a dedicated thread anywhere in a seperate forum. We should have forums up and running on the site very soon!

Thanks for the interest and I hope the team does you proud!

Like the pitch degradation, I suppose it won't cut up during play just alter before kick off each time... It would have been nice to see sliding tackle rut marks and the staff running on at the halftime and full time whistles to replace and fork divots... :lol:

So you'll be getting the game sent to you before Friday Jack?

We (myself and JayD) will most likely be receiving promo copies by the end of this week, yeah - hence my "hopefully we'll have news before the other sites" remark on the blog. :)

Back
Top Bottom