FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Ive posted some videos of some skills ive done in the fifa demo on my Youtube page, not very advanced but look good, as well as some videos of me and my bro hitting each other with baking trays lol, search Dazfeeder

Too right Fifa is an essential day of release purchase. Im even contemplating selling the misses so that i can by mine !!! Would only get enough money for the mobile phone version though!!! :lmao:

PLacebo would you be so kind and check in UCL if you can set zoom and angle? :=)
One thing that bothers me in fifa 08 is that defending crosses is too hard. I mean attacker always has an upper hand on winning a cross. Is it just me or have you guys experienced the same problem?

you have to get in front of the striker mate, Its hard to do but using left trigger helps fight for position

In Singapore new releases are generally $69SG (£23)

Eh? I have UCL next gen and I can adjust zoom and angle, I think?

Placebo when is the Asian version out? As you know, I have an asian 360. play-asia just have it down for october 2007.

Why would you need the analogue stick for 8-way movement?

Another loyal fan who is jumping from the sinking Seabass ship.

That was gold. It made me laugh loud :lmao:
Back on the game, I was sick of loosing/drawing with Barcelona so I decided to play with another team. I went for Inter. I still can't believe how well the different formation and players suit my game. I'm now drawing/winning and have scored more goals in the past hour than in the last four nights. Patrick Vieira OWNS the middle field. He's unbelievable. He can't dribble but man, he can definitely get the ball back for the team.
On another note, who said fifa players don't differ from each other? I was attacking with Figo and dribble passed Lahm. The German pocket rocket turned back, chased me, caught me and got the ball back after a great sliding tackle from behind. He ran away with the ball starting a counter attack for Bayern. I tried to keep up but Figo was slower than him, even when he was dribbling.
This game is getting better by the minute, or four :mrgreen:[/QUOTE]

The player likenesses have improved, granted, but it still doesn't feel as good as PES does in that regard.

Your right, Viera bosses the midfield, and Scholes is a right busybody, always collecting the ball.

That was gold. It made me laugh loud :lmao:
Back on the game, I was sick of loosing/drawing with Barcelona so I decided to play with another team. I went for Inter. I still can't believe how well the different formation and players suit my game. I'm now drawing/winning and have scored more goals in the past hour than in the last four nights. Patrick Vieira OWNS the middle field. He's unbelievable. He can't dribble but man, he can definitely get the ball back for the team.
On another note, who said fifa players don't differ from each other? I was attacking with Figo and dribble passed Lahm. The German pocket rocket turned back, chased me, caught me and got the ball back after a great sliding tackle from behind. He ran away with the ball starting a counter attack for Bayern. I tried to keep up but Figo was slower than him, even when he was dribbling.
This game is getting better by the minute, or four :mrgreen:

The player likenesses have improved, granted, but it still doesn't feel as good as PES does in that regard.

Your right, Viera bosses the midfield, and Scholes is a right busybody, always collecting the ball.

agree..viera is great.. just like IRL... only thing that bothers me is that he looks way too fatty... hes more of a slim tall guy...

another player i love to play, problaby my best so far, is ze roberto...hes just all over the place untired(dunno if this word exists, i mean he never gets tired:lol:)... fast, agil and still can get the ball back anytime.

Too right Fifa is an essential day of release purchase. Im even contemplating selling the misses so that i can by mine !!! Would only get enough money for the mobile phone version though!!! :lmao:

You better look out mate.

I've just told her.

Any chance of an upload for those of us who can't be arsed going to the shops...

If I do get dont worry I'll be showing a live stream on camera and people can ask all the *yawn questions*

region free 360 would be awesome. i'd love to ask placebo for some games :p great prices over there. :(

Has anyone else had any keeper issues in the demo???

Last night Ronaldinho collected the ball about 30 yards out, on man-u's right touchline, beat neville then tucked inside, about 10 yards from the goal line, but only 4 yards from the right touchline.. then had a dink, a slow shot along the ground that looked like a long pass.

The 'pass' was going a little faster than running pace, heading into the far (left) bottom corner along the ground. The keeper could walk infront of the ball to stop it, or just dive down on it, however he stepped forward, then as the ball came close stepped back with his arms in the air (like the shot was sailing over his head) and the ball tricked into the bottom corner.

I was starting to enjoy the demo after scoring a couple of goals after about 20 non-score draws (and a few losses). I like the way the play opens up and it feels very flowing, especially when you get continual counters... v-nice, I'm ignoring the terrible fade-to-black lighting when close up and the shiney rubber skin, for just the gameplay :)

After this keeper woe, i tried beating the keeper in the area. I noted the chip shot, hit light so its not that chipped, goes above the keeper at a saveable height but the keeper flaps and it goes in, more often that a straight shot at the same height will be saved...

Anyone else had keeper problems??

Last edited:

4 videos of goalies been stupid sorry poor quality but just look at the delays in the vid

Slightly off topic,but I was thinking last night that considering that I'm pants at fifa,I still play it to death.

This is indeed a first for me,as normally any game I'm hopeless at,Then I blame the game i.e rubbish/not next gen/waste of money
Can't really do that in Fifa's case.

Damn

yeah, and everybody ive played on online in pes 6 360 can only score with the cut back.

Absolutely spot on post.Someone after my own heart regarding the single player mode in this game.My one serious worry is that this game,to me,is damn hard even on semi-pro and yet I know I'm gonna have to rack up the difficulty level if only to stop the computer missing such glaringly easy scoring situations.How frightening is that.
Everyone can have a belter of a game on Pro-evo in multi-player mode,yes even with pro-evo 6, but the single player,which, despite the on-liners popularity is still the most played aspect of the game has been sadly neglected.
If Fifa can keep me happy on a wet Monday night then they can willingly have my dosh.

you aint played me either m8 lol , Play me at FIFA 07 too then ;)

Last edited:

Guys i cannot decide which is the best controller configuration and as a result i keep switching from classis to new alternative.

Classic makes the tricks easier but its totally alien to what i am use to with the old pes config.The trick LB button is quite unnatural for the tricks, yet the trigger is easy and then you sort of confuse your brain with pass and shoot.

what are you guys using and why.

I don't understand peoples obsession with the d-pad. The d-pad died back when the N64 came out, the analogue gives much better control.

At least if you're pressing left or right with the d-pad you know it's going straight. I can't shoot or aim for shit with the analogue stick.

Back
Top Bottom