FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Coopz, how do you turn the camera angle on a replay? Right stick to change angle is greyed out on my replays, so I can only change the camera with X but not actually spin the camera around.

press x once to get the free cam then the left stick zooms and right rotates and goes up and down

Another loyal fan who is jumping from the sinking Seabass ship.[/quote]

That was gold. It made me laugh loud :lmao:
Back on the game, I was sick of loosing/drawing with Barcelona so I decided to play with another team. I went for Inter. I still can't believe how well the different formation and players suit my game. I'm now drawing/winning and have scored more goals in the past hour than in the last four nights. Patrick Vieira OWNS the middle field. He's unbelievable. He can't dribble but man, he can definitely get the ball back for the team.
On another note, who said fifa players don't differ from each other? I was attacking with Figo and dribble passed Lahm. The German pocket rocket turned back, chased me, caught me and got the ball back after a great sliding tackle from behind. He ran away with the ball starting a counter attack for Bayern. I tried to keep up but Figo was slower than him, even when he was dribbling.
This game is getting better by the minute, or four :mrgreen:

Hs anyone heard from EA as to wether the final build will have the broadcast cam back, and if the ps3 controller config can be changed to accomodaye sptint being R1 i hope so, using R2 doesnt feel natural

Who gives a shite about Halo anyway ;)

Have you guys preordered FIFA, or going to buy it on the day? I want to preorder it so then maybe I will get it on the Thursday, but I want to know for sure that I definately won't get it any later than the Friday. It's a tricky situation . . .

i might be getting my copy on the 21st or 22nd if I do ill be around here showing off

and if I do ill be posting all info here

http://nextgenfifa.wordpress.com/

So there has been very little in the way of response to TG's post around the Game Informer score. I'm just as excited (and rushing out to get a 360) as most on this forum, and dying for something else to cure my PES4/5/6 blues, but 7.75 is far from what I'd expected. Especially when you consider that FIFA will always get great marks for presentation, sound and overall graphics - can it really be failing on gameplay?

Does anyone actually have hte article? I don't know the site very well, will wait for IGn review personally...

Anyone know which high-street shop in the UK will sell FIFA the cheapest? I've got a feeling Gamestation will charge £50, but when I got my credit note the guy said they'll price-match. So if I get in at 9am Friday, I don't want to see it at £50 and find out Game had it for £39.99 or something.

No high-street shops in the UK charge £50 anymore. All new releases are approx £39.99.\\:o/

So there has been very little in the way of response to TG's post around the Game Informer score. I'm just as excited (and rushing out to get a 360) as most on this forum, and dying for something else to cure my PES4/5/6 blues, but 7.75 is far from what I'd expected. Especially when you consider that FIFA will always get great marks for presentation, sound and overall graphics - can it really be failing on gameplay?

Does anyone actually have hte article? I don't know the site very well, will wait for IGn review personally...

Dude, most of those reviewers are like the PES fans on this site. They prefer a fast game and think Fifa is way too slow. That's why no one cares about those reviews.

Today there will be a Fifa podcast released by WENB?

Dude, most of those reviewers are like the PES fans on this site. They prefer a fast game and think Fifa is way too slow. That's why no one cares about those reviews.

Today there will be a Fifa podcast released by WENB?

Where should I order from to get the PS3 version delivered to the States? I'm going to get the US 360 version on Oct 9th but I don't know if I can wait that long. I'll just have both versions. Any suggestions?

Make your own mind up from the demo. Look at the positive reaction FIFA has got in this thread.

I expect most reviewers will give FIFA 08 an 8 or 9 rating, but I've long since cared what games reviewers think anyway.

And Thomas Goal has highlighted a poor review to provoke a reaction.

Someone said that in full game you will be able to change camera zoom and angle. Is this officially confirmed or its just a rumor?

Someone said that in full game you will be able to change camera zoom and angle. Is this officially confirmed or its just a rumor?

this was not the case in fifa 07 and uefa cl and i guess people are presuming but I would guess they are wrong from the two previous footie games on the new engine...

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh, i only played fifa 07 demo and i didn't know it was changing angle and zoom was possible in full game :) Well thats nice to hear since i like pes style angle 9 view :)

I played the demo on 360 again last night for about 2 hours and it finally clicked, before when I played it, I changed the control settings to classic analogue but couldnt do the tricks properly because of the LB button, so I kept them as default and the tricks are so easy using the the left trigger. cant wait till next wednesday to play the full game :)

No high-street shops in the UK charge £50 anymore. All new releases are approx £39.99.\\:o/

I hope so. When I traded some games in on Saturday, I asked the guy at Gamestation how much it'd be, he said they didn't have a price yet but he imagines £49.99. If it's that price, I'll spend an extra 15 mins wandering around the other stores getting a 39.99 price I think.

hey guys i don't really post here alot just browsing through and through but yes - i am a pes convert. been playing fifa08 nonstop for the past few nights, it is insanely addictive + rewarding and i can't wait to get the new game. i remember playing fifa97 and 98 on the pc where you could actually use the mouse to control a player! and backpasses to the goalie would often result in an own goal. its great to see how far they've progressed and i actually am happy that for once we'll see a game better than pes.

p.s. seabass is a pillack

I was out the other night with me 'ol mucker,Adam Sandler.

He gave me a remote control.

"WTF does this do Adam" I said.

"Well Tam,You can use it like a time machine.Press fast forward and you can fast forward in real time."

"Could you take me to Fifa's best ever games release?" I quipped.

"Sure Tam, no problem buddy".

He then proceeds to take me to the morning of the 28th of september,2007.

"Awesome mate,that was fucking amazing",I retorted.

"No problemo T, anything else???"

"Aye,Take me to this new amazing Pro Evolution Soccer game !!!"

THE SON OF A BITCH TOOK ME BACK TO 2001.

I hope so. When I traded some games in on Saturday, I asked the guy at Gamestation how much it'd be, he said they didn't have a price yet but he imagines £49.99. If it's that price, I'll spend an extra 15 mins wandering around the other stores getting a 39.99 price I think.

Gamestation have recently gone more expensive anyway since GAME bought them out. You will get it at internet prices in shops like ASDA and MORRISONS.

"Well Tam,You can use it like a time machine.Press fast forward and you can fast forward in real time."

:lmao: !!!!!!

this was not the case in fifa 07 and uefa cl and i guess people are presuming but I would guess they are wrong from the two previous footie games on the new engine...

However, on the PC demo you can do this......

As long as they honour Asda and places like that (which they should). I'll phone Gamestation on Thursday maybe, ask them about their price. If they say 49.99, then I'll give other places a call so I can go to Gamestation and quote other stores.

Gonna be such a big week next week, got my driving test on Thursday and FIFA on Friday. Hopefully it'll be an excellent week all around!

Superb mate, like those jokes that your mate texts you. Now there's an idea ...

just read your last blog entry complaining about the throw ins... i was getting pissed with it too..no i found that by holding the LT buttom u can control the reciver... that solved my problems.;)

last video, apparently the goalies were poor on crosses

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOIxJOicwWM

That's the first time I've seen that. And I've played dozens of half-times. Usually the GK just stands still. And there are a lot many little anoyances about the GKs that piss me off.

Another thing that pisses me off is the fact the the CPU makes the perfect pass EVERY SINGLE TIME. Either you intercept it or it's perfect. Never a little wide, a little short, a little long, no, always to the teammates feet. Even when pressured, they never fail.

So after a few days playing only the FIFA08 demo, I just went back and played a couple of matches on PES6 on the PC. And honestly, I don't get some of the things being said here.
Too arcade, too fast, pitch too small? I wholeheartedly disagree on all acounts.

I won't go into "arcade", cause that needs no debate.

Too fast, well, I was playing FIFA on Dynamic, PES on normal long and they felt about the same. Of course response times being better on PES it felt a little faster. In a good way.

Pitches too small, I didn't feel that at all, I actually feel a lot more freedom and feel like I have more space in PES.

I really hope that the retail version of FIFA is improved like Adonis and some others have said, because the Gks and response time should be better. And ffs, give me the choice to use the dpad.

I don't understand peoples obsession with the d-pad. The d-pad died back when the N64 came out, the analogue gives much better control.

In Singapore new releases are generally $69SG (£23)

Eh? I have UCL next gen and I can adjust zoom and angle, I think?

As long as they honour Asda and places like that (which they should). I'll phone Gamestation on Thursday maybe, ask them about their price. If they say 49.99, then I'll give other places a call so I can go to Gamestation and quote other stores.

Gonna be such a big week next week, got my driving test on Thursday and FIFA on Friday. Hopefully it'll be an excellent week all around!

Dont think Gamestation will pricematch with Supermarkets though, im sure they dont!:(

Good luck with the driving test by the way.;)

In Singapore new releases are generally $69SG (£23)

Eh? I have UCL next gen and I can adjust zoom and angle, I think?

£23?! Wow! Prices should be that cheap over here, would sure cut down piracy.

Dont think Gamestation will pricematch with Supermarkets though, im sure they dont!:(

Good luck with the driving test by the way.;)

Cheers mate :D

If they dont pricematch, I'll keep my credit note and but the game from a store selling for £40, then when I want another game I'll wait til it goes to £39.99 and use the store note then :) FIFA has to be bought that day though, not messing around there!

Well here piracy/modding is completely illegal (although getting pirate games is possible) but from what I've experienced Singaporeans generally take great pride in buying legit games, I guess of course it helps that they're so cheap ;)

Back
Top Bottom