FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Ive not used to D-pad to play football games since pro evo 2 on the ps1, love the analogue sticks

I have a couple of questions:

Is there the crowd in the full version? (i can't see in any replay)

Are the replay and cut scenes so poor in framerate in the full version too? (it looks like Fifa 99, the last Fifa i've played)

Thought this was class :D Wasn't expecting it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6s3lOFvkRM

I just experienced something kinda similar. I was playing marseille and i get the ball and the other attacker is running towards the goal but is a little further from the goal than theone in possesionj. So the the player that in posession is with his back to the goal. So the other attacker is running in so i decide do a through pass. Because my player is with his back against te goal he flicks the ball behind his legg making it the perfect pass for the other player. truly amazing and realistic. too bad there wa stil a line of defence and i had to quit and wasn't able to make a video.

somethin like this but standing still and in an other dierection

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4-bxHYcKjA

Last edited:

Dunno bout framerates but the crowd seem to disapear on the ps3 demo but on the 360 demo they are there all the time

On the PS3 demo i confirm the drop of fps on replays and cut scenes. early build?

Its an early build.

Look at the squads. Everybody who has played both says they both run smooth at 60fps.

Hey guys. Add another to your list of 'Pro Evo Fanboy Converted to Fifa'.

I LOVE the demo. I must've put about 4 - 5 hours into it now, and thats more than I've ever played a single Fifa game in total I think.

Rather than go on about what I love, I'm just gonna mention the few niggles I have.

- The nets. I think they're shocking. Its just a shame that EA have gotten so much right in this Fifa release and something arguably simple as making good nets, they haven't done.

- The referee. Dunno if this is a demo thing or what, but what are the refs on? I've tore players to shreds that would normally warrant a red card, 10 match ban and a prison sentence but what does the ref say? Oh, just a free kick will do.

- AI free kicks. Not something I've found a problem with, but another friend of mine (who is a PES fanboy through and through like myself and loves the demo) claims that around 8 to 9 times out of 10 that the AI gets a freekick in a dangerous area, they score it. Now I don't give away many freekicks in dangerous areas so I can't comment, but anyone else found this?

Apologies if I've covered anything that has already been spoke about to death pages back, as I just came on quickly to post my thoughts. Not had chance to check the last few pages of comments.

Anyway, roll on September 28th

Its a shame the podcasts are only bout 5 mins long, Should be 30 mins minimum

I LOVE the demo. I must've put about 4 - 5 hours into it now, and thats more than I've ever played a single Fifa game in total I think.

Rather than go on about what I love, I'm just gonna mention the few niggles I have.

- The nets. I think they're shocking. Its just a shame that EA have gotten so much right in this Fifa release and something arguably simple as making good nets, they haven't done.

- The referee. Dunno if this is a demo thing or what, but what are the refs on? I've tore players to shreds that would normally warrant a red card, 10 match ban and a prison sentence but what does the ref say? Oh, just a free kick will do.

- AI free kicks. Not something I've found a problem with, but another friend of mine (who is a PES fanboy through and through like myself and loves the demo) claims that around 8 to 9 times out of 10 that the AI gets a freekick in a dangerous area, they score it. Now I don't give away many freekicks in dangerous areas so I can't comment, but anyone else found this?

Apologies if I've covered anything that has already been spoke about to death pages back, as I just came on quickly to post my thoughts. Not had chance to check the last few pages of comments.

Its an early build mate, the nets are different in the final version, agree with you about the refs and free kicks tho

Its an early build mate, the nets are different in the final version, agree with you about the refs and free kicks tho

Many of you know me as a "Net-Freak". lol

Well, this demo is so good that the sheer excitement I get from scoring a goal is so overwhelming that it makes me forget completely about the bad net animations.

That's how good this demo is with it's flaws. I can't begin to imagine how much better the final version will be. I haven't been this excited in yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeears!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOO!!!

Roll on Oct 9th!
:-D

lol im well excited too, but I only have to wait till wednesday next week to play it ;)

What is the address for the Fifa blog site,I dont think it has been answered yet but I heard it was launching today(monday).

If you can answer this Adonis - thanks in advance.

p.s.ThomasGoal,Adonis,ect..Come on!open up(i think) cheers.

Welcome aboard.

The nets are definately different in the very latest gameplay vids.They move far more realisticly and seem to have more slackness.

I want to know the age of the demo code, I reckon its around the 10 week mark or even older, either way it still plays lovely once you get to grips with the countless controls and which configoration suits your style of play.

ok, i've read through pretty much all the pages and i've got a couple of questions that i'd like answering if possible?

first off, i've got the 360 demo and really like it, already pre ordered the game, probably spent about 5 hours in total on it so far. i have niggles though that i hope to be fixed in the full game.

1) the response time, not all the time but it needs tightening - i read someone quote Adonis saying he'd played the full game as well as the demo and the full game is more responsive, is this definite?

2) The frame rate on replays/cut scenes. any word on this from those that have played the full game?

3) can we adjust the in game camera in the full game? tele is too far for me but dynamic 2 is too close, think placebo said you can zoom in and change height, can anyone confirm this? would be great if true. don't think fifa 07 or uefa champions league had this option.

4) anyword on online? i know they're going for 5 vs 5 sometime after launch in that be a pro mode but what options do we have in the regular game mode at release?
1 v 1 only? 2 vs 2 from 2 different consoles? 2 vs 2 from 4 differnt consoles? 2 vs the computer from 2 different consoles?

cheers for anyone that answers

Just a quick note to say that WENB's FIFA site has now opened, FIFA Soccer Blog - www.fifasoccerblog.com. Hopefully we'll be getting news before most other sites, so stay tuned for updates. :)

I was invited to be a part of it, and it looks like it could be a big opportunity, but I will be posting on Evo-Web just as often so hopefully I won't be damaging my reputation (Christ knows what my reputation is).

Last edited:

lol im well excited too, but I only have to wait till wednesday next week to play it ;)

You think that's a good thing? Mate, if you get it early don't be playing any games. We want photos, videos, the works! ;)

1) the response time, not all the time but it needs tightening - i read someone quote Adonis saying he'd played the full game as well as the demo and the full game is more responsive, is this definite?
It was Suff, and the answer is yes.

2) The frame rate on replays/cut scenes. any word on this from those that have played the full game?
Nothing yet but I'll ask Suff about this at some point if I remember.

3) can we adjust the in game camera in the full game? tele is too far for me but dynamic 2 is too close, think placebo said you can zoom in and change height, can anyone confirm this? would be great if true. don't think fifa 07 or uefa champions league had this option.
I don't think the previous next-gen games had this option either, in-fact I'm almost sure, so I don't think this will be in FIFA 08.

4) anyword on online? i know they're going for 5 vs 5 sometime after launch in that be a pro mode but what options do we have in the regular game mode at release?
1 v 1 only? 2 vs 2 from 2 different consoles? 2 vs 2 from 4 differnt consoles? 2 vs the computer from 2 different consoles?
Good question, I'll see if Suff knows anything about that either.

what do people have the through ball setting on? manual or assisted?

i can't make my mind up which one i prefer, both have advantages and disadvantages, i wish there was a semi assisted option for through balls but i don't think there is

that's the worst part of the game. it realy sucks...

that's the worst part of the game. it realy sucks...

I have not found it overly bad but I think the tackling animation makes the tackles look far worse than they are, so we perceive cards, when the AI just says foul.

Then again some refs may well be more strict than the one/s in the demo.

I have not found it overly bad but I think the tackling animation makes the tackles look far worse than they are, so we perceive cards, when the AI just says foul.

Then again some refs may well be more strict than the one/s in the demo.

That's not an excuse... :( the refs suck anyway...

Quick question about the online leagues in the full game.

Does anyone know how exactly they will work? As in, can you create your own with your friends or are they created and set up by EA?

Do you have to play a game a week like you would in a normal league, or can you play whenever you want?

The same goes for cups and what not, how will they work?

Once again, sorry if this has been covered already

Back
Top Bottom