FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

We (myself and JayD) will most likely be receiving promo copies by the end of this week, yeah - hence my "hopefully we'll have news before the other sites" remark on the blog. :)

Jammy sod :8):

:P I can wait. Its not like your going to be able to review the nets anyway, because you have to SCORE for them to MOVE!!! :) Only kidding.

Im sure you'll hit the side netting more often than not :)

We (myself and JayD) will most likely be receiving promo copies by the end of this week, yeah - hence my "hopefully we'll have news before the other sites" remark on the blog. :)

Oh, that will be great fun. Jack with the full game before us all. I wonder if you will score in that version before we get it ;) J/k, mate.

But seriously, I'm looking forward to your opinions on the full game. If the response times really are even better, it will be almost godlike.

:P I can wait. Its not like your going to be able to review the nets anyway, because you have to SCORE for them to MOVE!!! :) Only kidding.

Im sure you'll hit the side netting more often than not :)
HAHAHA, shit, I didn't think of that. I'll have to stick the difficulty on novice and grab ten extra 360 pads to control the opposition and make sure they stay still...

But seriously, I'm looking forward to your opinions on the full game. If the response times really are even better, it will be almost godlike.
Thanks mate, hopefully people know that I give an honest opinion on everything, criticise what needs criticising and praise what deserves praising. But from what Suff says, my review will be so glowing that the site will be able to double as a lighthouse.

I played against my mate and beat him 3-0 :D 3 goals after 5 goalless halves :D They were all awesomely done and looked very realistic. I was Bayern and him Manyoo. First goal was a through pass to Klose who ran into space and chipped it into the far corner. Second came off a long ball off a free kick 40yds away went straight to the box onto Toni's right foot and with a great one-touch volley into the bottom right corner :D Last was a header which came off Ribery's spot on cross from the left flank :D This is looking good :D

Last edited:

btw is there a trick in the game that anyone uses to beat a player consistantly? I really want to feel like a dribbling monster when using Messi or Ronaldo, but cant get the tricks out in time.

Any advice? cheers

btw is there a trick in the game that anyone uses to beat a player consistantly? I really want to feel like a dribbling monster when using Messi or Ronaldo, but cant get the tricks out in time.

Any advice? cheers

Rainbow Flicks

And

Ronaldo Chops work best

Any advice? cheers

Stepovers and reverse stepovers to a diagonal out move work pretty good to. and look cool. need good timing tho

The Klose goal is wonderful!

What I dont understand is that when looking at those videos, the game actually looks like a "super fast paste game" and not like the verry slow demo I am playing on the 360.. I hope they do fix the reaction time and maybe crank up the over all speed of the game, but if the response/reaction gets faster that will do. The netts on the goals is supose to be sorted out and if we can decide for our self what stats players should have that would be great! I did not like that you could not do that in fifa 07. I know you could get points(minimum) in the shop or do that "traits trick" but this was messed up when doing it to created players! And simply frustrating. Do it like pes where its up to you to choose how good a player is. They do it on Madden 08, so I hope they do it on fifa 08. I love editing and I hope fifa will will let us change stats and other editing stuff that will make a lot of fun hours. I am not having much fun with the fifa 08 demo yet, but with some fixes and spending more time with it, I think I will be happy when the game comes out next week.

Haha, my real name is the rather less exciting Chris Davies and that's my username on the site.

Ah ok heh sorry about that ;) Your sig here says Author and only dude with the Author title was Carl so thought that's most probably you :mrgreen:

Edit: Have you changed your sig or am i halucinating :shock: No wait.. Its the other way around, Your sig says Editor and Carl's title is editor so i thought that was you... I seriously need to sleep lol

Last edited:

I have shooting on manual and am starting to master it, i have scored 3 goals in 3 halves tonight :). Player of the demo, for me, like Brunnoce mentioned (I think it was you :)...Ze Roberto. He is awesome. Quick, Agile, Nimble and can pass. He wins everything for me.

yeh man that was me...
and its so cool to play with him, remebers me a lot of how he played in the WC2006...
im dying to give a try with big stars like gerrard, nedved, lampard, kaka, riqueleme(if hes back at villarreal) and such in this fifa08...they really got players playing like them real counterparts in this game, something that fifa lacked in previous versions.

Cheers to Jay Buchanan and JakeHK for the tips, certainly worked :)

What I cant get over is how incredible these animations are, and how they flow into each other. Absolutely no glitches. Are we looking at some of the most lifelike animations ever?

The price you pay for this I guess is the response times. But with it looking this good I can understand why it doesnt bother too many people ;)

we will have to see who gets thier copy 1st:lol:

love that new be a pro mode trailer. very nice touch to see player talk and ball hitting sounds get louder while the cam zooms in at the penalty box.

awesome mode! :D

Edit: Have you changed your sig or am i halucinating :shock: No wait.. Its the other way around, Your sig says Editor and Carl's title is editor so i thought that was you... I seriously need to sleep lol
Bloody hell, good spot. First day on the job and I'm getting my job title wrong, yikes. Between that and the decade-long posts I'm going to be unemployed again next week. :mryellow:

Hi Jack, congrats for your new role at the fifa blog, guess I'll be visiting your site a lot from now on... ;)
Cheers mate, I hope people don't think it changes me. I'll still be visiting Evo-Web every ten minutes, sad bastard that I am (and you can swear here too, that's another thing)...

Bloody hell, good spot. First day on the job and I'm getting my job title wrong, yikes. Between that and the decade-long posts I'm going to be unemployed again next week. :mryellow:

Cheers mate, I hope people don't think it changes me. I'll still be visiting Evo-Web every ten minutes, sad bastard that I am (and you can swear here too, that's another thing)...

Great to hear that... :)

Guess that the remaining pretorians at the PEStanic SinkBass ship will have a hard time to justify why not give FIFA a try this time.

Come on everybody, try the game!!!!

Oh wait, the bloody facial animations, I forgot... :8):

Last edited:

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered numberous times, but what do we know about the editing area of the game? I hope it's a hell lot better than in Fifa 07 (for pc and ps2).

The Klose goal is wonderful!

thanks for the comments! but I like my Ribery goal best! this games makes me jump up off my couch and scream in excitemet with moments like this.. lol it felt so good finishing that the way I did after that long run.. I can't wait to do it in a meaningful match in a league, online, or against a mate for bragging rights.. :)

http://www.dailymotion.com/steevo77/video/x2zvh5_ribery_sport

Guys i cannot decide which is the best controller configuration and as a result i keep switching from classis to new alternative.

Classic makes the tricks easier but its totally alien to what i am use to with the old pes config.The trick LB button is quite unnatural for the tricks, yet the trigger is easy and then you sort of confuse your brain with pass and shoot.

what are you guys using and why.
I say just get use to classic alt. it's the best imo... I felt the same way you did at first because of the old PES config.. but another advantage to classic alt is the finese shot is much easier to do.. I don't even use the finese shot much in game bc I like to score crackers but I know I will sooner or later and doing RB + x just seems ackward to me compared to RB + B... LT feels best to me for changing players.. and LB + RAS is best for skillz because of LB is a button instead of trigger if you wanna do it quicker without holding LT for as long is that makes sense.. whatever you decide on.. you should just stick with one config and try not to change.

What I dont understand is that when looking at those videos, the game actually looks like a "super fast paste game" and not like the verry slow demo I am playing on the 360..

that is the speed of the default replay system in the FIFA 08 demo on 360.. it's different than the actual gameplay speed I'm pretty sure..

The price you pay for this I guess is the response times. But with it looking this good I can understand why it doesnt bother too many people

I think one will get use to the responce times.. I have already. I was one that literally bashed the CL league demo on 360 because of responce times while I was currently playing PES 2007 like crazy on the PS2. The responce times is not bothering me as much now once I figured how to play it better and maybe due to the fact I haven't been playing PES.. I really think it was a matter of being to use to PES.. overall though.. the FIFA 08 demo responce times seem much better to me than CL demo.. maybe it's all in my head. If the responce times are even better in the final build like you said earlier in this thread.. I think a lot of here will be even more pleased.

Last edited:

I think one will get use to the responce times.. I have already. I was one that literally bashed the CL league demo on 360 because of responce times while I was currently playing PES 2007 like crazy on the PS2. The responce times is not bothering me as much now once I figured how to play it better.. I really think it was a matter of being to use to PES.. overall though.. the FIFA 08 demo responce times seem much better to me than CL demo.. maybe it's all in my head. If the responce times are even better in the final build like you said earlier in this thread.. I think a lot of here will be even more pleased.

Yeh I think you are right.

For me its no problem that Fifa 08 is a totally different game to PES 2008, isnt that a benefit? I would never use tricks in PES, but in Fifa they truly belong and benefits the experience.

Im sure I'll get used to it. It would be nice to tolerate the response times, its just so obvious once you play PES though and takes a bit of time adjusting to.

What will interest me the most out of all this is how many people will continue to play Fifa 08 after release. Ive personally enjoyed Fifa for a few months but the flaws become more annoying and stop me from enjoying the game. Thinking back to 07, my main problems were the referee constantly blowing up, the response times and the superman goalkeepers. two out of the 3 have been considerably improved.

PES pet hates I continually hear are the cheating AI, or the lack of drive to complete yet another season of master league.

Back
Top Bottom