FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Looking through this thread you can easilly see who the real PES "fanboys" are

People are forgetting why we are here in the first place, because we are big fans of PES/WE. Now its not our fault that seabass is churning out a half arsed game every year now is it?

Fifa in 3 games have took gigantic steps forward comparing to PES which hasnt changed much at all in alot of years.

So why do PES fans constantly come here to question why we are liking this game? Check most of our join dates and you will see we have been here from the early days really enjoying PES. So whoever comes in and says thing about "Fifa fanboys" needs there heads checking. Its been said before that this is the first Fifa that people are liking, so how we are becoming fanboys off a 4 minute demo is beyond me

1 last thing from reading this thread of what the word Fanboy has meant to me is people sticking with the same game for years, which is in decline and bashing people for liking another game of the same genre which is coming on leaps and bounds, when all we all want to do is play a good game of football regardless of what its called

peace out from a so called fifa fanboy :)

Yeah, lots of oldies in here are changing to Fifa.

And I've been called a n00b on other forums trying to convince people why PES is more arcade than Fifa. That it is way too fast to be realistic, and that there is scripting. People are declaring me nuts:)

And to think that Halo 3 comes out 2 days before. Who give a flying shite about Halo with this coming out!.

I have booked the week after off, so I will get it midnight thursday ready for when I get home on friday:applause:

Well, Madden has a Madden-oliday or something, so this is a FIFA-liday ... or something :)

And to think that Halo 3 comes out 2 days before. Who give a flying shite about Halo with this coming out!.

Who gives a shite about Halo anyway ;)

Have you guys preordered FIFA, or going to buy it on the day? I want to preorder it so then maybe I will get it on the Thursday, but I want to know for sure that I definately won't get it any later than the Friday. It's a tricky situation . . .

Who gives a shite about Halo anyway ;)

Have you guys preordered FIFA, or going to buy it on the day? I want to preorder it so then maybe I will get it on the Thursday, but I want to know for sure that I definately won't get it any later than the Friday. It's a tricky situation . . .

Same thoughts went through my head. I'm playing it safe and picking it up on Friday, outside Gamestation for 9am with my credit note to grab FIFA and Halo.

go to options. chose your control sheme. push L1 on ps3. and you can see the whole button configuration

Ive preordered it on amazon. Anyone preordered anything with them before? When am I likely to get it? I had £40 worth of amazon vouchers so I used them.

OH CRAP

I just remembered I have to go to my girlfriends nieces christening in bloody LONDON on the weekend :| Im not going to be able to touch FIFA untill the Monday.

This makes me :(

Ive preordered it on amazon. Anyone preordered anything with them before? When am I likely to get it? I had £40 worth of amazon vouchers so I used them.

OH CRAP

I just remembered I have to go to my girlfriends nieces christening in bloody LONDON on the weekend :| Im not going to be able to touch FIFA untill the Monday.

This makes me :(

I'd get food poisoning and have to stay at home :8):

Supercancel is done with LT+RT (x360), provided you have changed the control scheme to "New" or "New Alternate" (cannot remember if both have it implemented but I think so).

I cannot abide by an attitude of "I'm trying to like it" or "tell me why I should like it", when behind that mask is nothing but contempt as was shown with crap like "the game's so great only a fool doesn't see that", sorry but I can't abide by such falseness, I try to be honest in all that I do, even if the honest means I piss everyone off, even if the honest means I appear hypocritical to you or someone else :)
Adonis won't be very impressed with me but I have to agree - mostly. I don't think what you say quite applies to Adonis, he genuinely wants to know what the fuss is about when he can't understand it, especially since WENB are expanding (even if he's not going to be editor of the new site). But I think if you don't like a game, you don't like it, and anyone (even a group of people) can tell you a million times it's a better game and more of a simulation, but it won't make you like it.

I've been waiting for a next-gen rally game for ages, so when Colin McRae DiRT came out, I was looking forward to it. Only to be really, really disappointed - you play Forza and it feels real, then you switch to DiRT and it's like, how can a car handle like this? It's like driving a fish across ice. But several magazines said that it was realistic, that this is how it feels to drive a rally car. But I hated it.

The Sega Rally demo is out now on Xbox Live and I absolutely hate that as well. I'm patiently waiting for a realistic rally game and I don't know how long it's going to be, but I can't just play a game and settle for second-best - which is why, after the FIFA 07 demo was released this time last year, I was put off PES for life.

I'd just got in from playing football (on a rare occasion actually), and I'd had a real laugh. Then I downloaded this demo, put it on, and when I was pressing buttons in the arena, I was literally getting a few goosebumps - the way that you had to weight everything, judge everything, aim everything, I was honestly shocked. It was probably the closest to real life I've ever felt a computer game has been, and it was a different world to PES, so much so that when I put PES on now I can almost see the rails that the players live on, and I know the path that the ball will take before the game does - despite the fact that I want to do something different, but I can't adapt to the (stupid, in my opinion) method of manual passing. Even when I do try it, it's virtually the same. As someone said before, if you blur a video of FIFA, it looks like real life (whereas you blur PES and it looks like a blurred video game) - and that isn't just impressive graphically, it's impressive because it's you that's moving the players and it's not a CGI or anything. So, I find the movement and control better in FIFA.

If I go and put PES on now, six-star, I can score a goal and win by attacking like wild animals. Fuck the defence, throw every man forward, run and run and run (keep your finger glued to sprint, it makes no difference). I might concede but I'll almost definitely score. If I do that on this FIFA 08 demo, not only do the defenders lock you out, the gaps you leave are mercilessly taken advantage of (and even if you play a multiplayer game, you only control one man at a time, so 90% of your team will be controlled by the AI). So, I find the tactical game better in FIFA.

Thanks to how hard it is to score, but because of the CPU defenders playing well rather than resorting to pulls and magic/magnetism now and then, I find the goal satisfaction better in FIFA.

The game also has my team - something you can't identify with if you're a supporter of a big team, you really can't (imagine PES only had the Brazilian top-flight, no other leagues, so you have to play as a team you know nothing about and don't really care about, even if the teams are extremely talented - and you still don't know how it feels). You can say gameplay is the most important all you want, but if you're playing as Crixeiro v Palas and you score a goal with Pinito (i.e. names that mean nothing to you), are you honestly going to enjoy it as much? But it's not just lower league teams, it's teams from all around the world, so you'll never run out of things to do (leagues, cups, winning them all in the career mode, making a name for yourself)...

Don't you get bored of winning the same competitions that you won when the first PES game was released, with the same teams it has now? Even in multiplayer (offline and online), I don't understand how it doesn't get boring.

Even PES fans have said for years "yeah well FIFA may have everything but it doesn't have the one thing that matters, gameplay" - well now, in my opinion, it has (and in the opinion of several hardcore PES fans' as well, which says it all to me - notice that for the past week or so there's been 50% of the users in the PES section compared to the Other Football Games section). So for me personally, PES is dead and buried, and after ten years of repetition and backwards-and-forwards "improvements", with vital ideas being totally disregarded, it's about fucking time. But it's not quite over yet.

If the final version of FIFA is littered with bugs, and it may well be because of the amount of changes they've made (especially online where the slightest thing can be exploited), then it will still have work to do before most PES fans will convert. But if it doesn't, and they genuinely have people testing the game online after release looking for exploits which they will then patch (as EA have officially said - which is another point, look at the community features EA are implementing and the work that they are doing on this), then I will be a very happy bunny come next month.

Last edited:

Just played a great few games on the PS3 version, I find it easier to create chances on it for some reason.

I played football that even Arsenal would be jealous of. :p

Maybe it's such a huge seller that the logistics of a worldwide release on the same day are too much even for EA? Is Halo3 released world wide on the same day? I despise the series so haven't followed it in any shape or form, I know Tiger Woods08 was released only a day or two apart worldwide? Presumably it won't ship anywhere near the amount of units as Fifa08 though.....

I'll be ordering it online and then hopefully getting it early like the last few things.

shopto.net usually get new releases to me by wednesday or thursday

SHOPTO PRICE £37.99 RRP£49.99 SAVING£12.00 (24%)

play.com get them to me on thursday/fridays
£39.99 Delivered

RRP: £49.99

You save: £10.00 (20%)

--

the only problem with shopto is they have this message

Delivery Promise:
We're aware that sometimes your items may go missing via Royal Mail, which we have no control over. Royal Mail wait 14 working days to declare a package lost, but we will send you a replacement if you haven't received it after only 3 WORKING DAYS to make sure you go through minimum inconvenience and you always get your game the fastest from us.
(Subject to you completing our Online Lost parcel form!)

Which doesnt fill you with confidence does it!

Ive had no trouble with them though ive only ordered 2 games and got 1 on wednesday before release and another on thursday. But if the worst does happen you're waiting until the following wednesday before you can even make a claim

Halo is released on Wednesday (which is odd) 26th and FIFA on Friday 28th. A lot of people. I'm not a Halo fanatic but I dont mind the single-player story so I'll grab it for that. Wont bother with the multi-player, that's where COD4, WarHawk and R6V come in :)

@RockyJJP

what system do games out there use (NTSC or PAL)?
do u have any idea if the games relised out there work on a US 360? if so, im definatly getting mine from south africa...its 15 days before the US realise day...

thats my last hope.. its gonna suck having to wait till oct. 9th

Fantastic Stuff Coopz :)

I think I am going to preorder with gameplay, and get them to deliver it to my Mum's school! Then someone will be there to take the delivery :mryellow:

Why the chipped through-ball and not on the floor? :)

Nice save, though he was quite off his line so it was probably a bit easier than him being on the line. Nice AI for him to come off the line to narrow the angle, pretty realistic :)

Because i wanted to smash a volley with Rooney :)

im uploading another now to show how good the AI is in this game

@RockyJJP

what system do games out there use (NTSC or PAL)?
do u have any idea if the games relised out there work on a US 360? if so, im definatly getting mine from south africa...its 15 days before the US realise day...

thats my last hope.. its gonna suck having to wait till oct. 9th

I must say, it does make a change you guys having to wait a bit longer. We usually have to wait months! I think Super Paper Mario took six months! What would you and Gomito done if it was delayed for six months?

Back
Top Bottom