FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

After playing more than 50 halves, I have finally gotten the hang of out. I am consistently scoring atleast once in each game (it's on semi). I am really, really enjoying this game, and the thought of being able to play a 100% realistic career mode has really made me excited :mrgreen:

Can I ask, has anyone here played J-League CC? The latest version of WE imo is the best footy game out there. Im totally surprised by the enthusiam for Fifa 08. I mean its ok, but some of the praise its getting is ott.

Now that Im 'looking after' a fifa blog I guess Im gonna have to try my best to get into this game. I need someone to try and convince me why this is better than PES.

here's a paragraph of my thoughts. Try your best to work through them:

First of all I dont think the game replicates real life footy better. I do think it looks more life like. I think the player faces are shite. Even if EA use better tech in creating faces, why go through the hassle if its considerably worse? The textures are nice. Some of the animations are stunning. The net animations are cack. Shooting's nice. Goalkeepers are much improved. The ball is floaty. Response times are bad, but better than before. The atmosphere is incredible.

Goodluck ;)

Yup, I have played it, and I quite agree, until FIFA 08 comes out, it is the best footy game out there. Actually, I will say that WE10JL is the best footy game, as I have played more of it (and still am), and it's almost the same as WE2007JL.

I think the reason why me, and so many people here are edging towards FIFA 08, is the we want something different. Not always better, but something different. Most of us have grown tired of playing the same game for 4 years, without ANY ML improvements (and ML is SO important for me, a reason why I think WE10JL has been the best football game I have played so far).

I would never say that PES/WE are bad games or arcade games. It's just that I want something different now. I agree with you that faces and net animations are shit, and response times are much better in WE, and I am pretty sure that we will all find some problems with the game after a few months (we all did after playing years of WE ;))

But I have been SO disappointed with Konami this year. Having heard all the rumors of improved ML, the fact that it looked beautiful in motion etc etc, I was really excited. But it seems all of these were just rumors. I am pretty sure that the final game is going to be great (and I might buy it as well), but really, Konami need more of a revolution, than an evolution now and FIFA 08 is proving to be an excellent alternative now (and maybe a better one)

Just my 2 cents

After playing more than 50 halves, I have finally gotten the hang of out. I am consistently scoring atleast once in each game (it's on semi). I am really, really enjoying this game, and the thought of being able to play a 100% realistic career mode has really made me excited :mrgreen:

Yup, I have played it, and I quite agree, until FIFA 08 comes out, it is the best footy game out there. Actually, I will say that WE10JL is the best footy game, as I have played more of it (and still am), and it's almost the same as WE2007JL.

I think the reason why me, and so many people here are edging towards FIFA 08, is the we want something different. Not always better, but something different. Most of us have grown tired of playing the same game for 4 years, without ANY ML improvements (and ML is SO important for me, a reason why I think WE10JL has been the best football game I have played so far).

I would never say that PES/WE are bad games or arcade games. It's just that I want something different now. I agree with you that faces and net animations are shit, and response times are much better in WE, and I am pretty sure that we will all find some problems with the game after a few months (we all did after playing years of WE ;))

But I have been SO disappointed with Konami this year. Having heard all the rumors of improved ML, the fact that it looked beautiful in motion etc etc, I was really excited. But it seems all of these were just rumors. I am pretty sure that the final game is going to be great (and I might buy it as well), but really, Konami need more of a revolution, than an evolution now and FIFA 08 is proving to be an excellent alternative now (and maybe a better one)

Just my 2 cents

you pretty much nailed it. since WE6:FE i have purchased near enough every WE game. think I am 2 older J-League games short. I love the series but I am sick of the shitty ML Setup. honestly I need something different now. PES2008 maybe better and I will buy it but again I know that the ML is gonna be a huge letdown.

but on semi they come of spectacular mate

Aye, I like to know I scored the goal rather than the CPU assisting me with it tho :) Very nice goals up above, can't wait to pit myself against all the people scoring these and see how I fare up :)

Hi all,

Been playing the demo for a couple of hours and my feeling initially was that the game was the same as fifa07. However, as I have spent more time with it, I can see the difference and am growing excited about the final build, gameplay has improved a lot and if responsiveness is improved in the release version, this game could kick some serious ass.... 07 was great in terms of career mode, but this time EA seems to have got it right, seriously. It is just a matter of time and research to get the game to its full potential. Hell, It also includes double pressing...!!

I've been browing the last pages and haven't found if someone has already mentioned this, but the "New" control schemes DO include supercancel just like PES... Has anyone tried it already and is able to give us some feedback about it?

Thx!

I don't own a next gen console, but man after watching videos of FIFA 08 and hearing you guys talk about it I might just get one for FIFA. Imagine that, buying a console for FIFA. It's been nice knowing you PES, shape up and I might come back.

Edit: Oh and the tricks you can blend together that someone showed (jack or something) just blew me away. That is so awesome, the game is so dynamic I can't farkin believe it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi all,

Been playing the demo for a couple of hours and my feeling initially was that the game was the same as fifa07. However, as I have spent more time with it, I can see the difference and am growing excited about the final build, gameplay has improved a lot and if responsiveness is improved in the release version, this game could kick some serious ass.... 07 was great in terms of career mode, but this time EA seems to have got it right, seriously. It is just a matter of time and research to get the game to its full potential. Hell, It also includes double pressing...!!

I've been browing the last pages and haven't found if someone has already mentioned this, but the "New" control schemes DO include supercancel just like PES... Has anyone tried it already and is able to give us some feedback about it?

Thx!

That's where a lot of PES fans have gone wrong. At least you thought it was the same as 07 and stuck with it instead of dismissing it immediately like many others, well done :applause:

As a PES fan I have been giving the FIFA08 demo a go this year and I am very impressed. It looks good and there seems to be some good player AI.
a marked improvement over 07.

One thing that I think it lacks is the ability to improvise when on the attack. Yes you can pass the ball about and wait for a player to become available, and this is done really well... I mean the ability to dictate the pace of the game i.e slow it down with passes in midfield, then beat a man, quick one-two etc. the game feels a bit to laborious at times (including the skills).

I do like the fact that in pro evo (even PES6) you can see when a player (the human playing) is clever, quick thinking and inventive and when a player is just taking advantage of the games failings to get one over on you. I feel that maybe when playing FIFA08 your not going to have the amount of variation that makes for a long lasting game.

maybe players need to be quicker on the turn and reactions need to be faster.

Footy games need to encapsulate 90mins worth of action in a 10-15 minute game so going for an absolute simulation will not work, there is a fine line to be drawn between realism and making the game fun. I think PRO EVO still has the upper hand with this BUT with EA's enthusiasim to create a better game year on year and seabass's obvious laziness I can see FIFA overtaking.

maybe this years FIFA will wake seabass up and then the real winners will be us, the players!

I don't own a next gen console, but man after watching videos of FIFA 08 and hearing you guys talk about it I might just get one for FIFA. Imagine that, buying a console for FIFA. It's been nice knowing you PES, shape up and I might come back.

Edit: Oh and the tricks you can blend together that someone showed (jack or something) just blew me away. That is so awesome, the game is so dynamic I can't farkin believe it!

yup but in the other hand the referee doesn't show any card we can kill another player with a nife and it will be only a freekick...

Thanks for the numerous people who bothered to answer my question without taking a side swipe at me. I appreciate the feedback and explanations of your views.

Placebo said:
And how exactly has your view of me changed?

I post something on here and you take it as an opportunity to take a swipe at me. And you were they only one who did so. It shows what sort of person you are.

You were someone I truly respected, one of the more mature lot, but the messege wrote back at me was personal and offensive. Something I didnt expect from you.

It doesnt matter though, lets move on. I aint gonna lose sleep over it and neither are you.

btw cheers abhishek for a fantastic response, I can totally understand that point of view. Im gonna stick around here and observe peoples comments, Im starting to get why people are looking forward to it even if Im not.

Looking through this thread you can easilly see who the real PES "fanboys" are

People are forgetting why we are here in the first place, because we are big fans of PES/WE. Now its not our fault that seabass is churning out a half arsed game every year now is it?

Fifa in 3 games have took gigantic steps forward comparing to PES which hasnt changed much at all in alot of years.

So why do PES fans constantly come here to question why we are liking this game? Check most of our join dates and you will see we have been here from the early days really enjoying PES. So whoever comes in and says thing about "Fifa fanboys" needs there heads checking. Its been said before that this is the first Fifa that people are liking, so how we are becoming fanboys off a 4 minute demo is beyond me

1 last thing from reading this thread of what the word Fanboy has meant to me is people sticking with the same game for years, which is in decline and bashing people for liking another game of the same genre which is coming on leaps and bounds, when all we all want to do is play a good game of football regardless of what its called

peace out from a so called fifa fanboy :)

I have seen myself many yellows to my opponent and I have only taken a couple of hours, so I think you are wrong...

Snoop,

Thx for your comments ;). That's what differentiates subzero IQ fanboys from normal people that just want a good football gaming experience and are willing to find out if this or that is THE one... My initial experience with FIFA 08 has been VERY rewarding TBH, and I know that it will only become better as I improve my skills... Just as everyone out there did with PES!!!.

What pisses me off the most is that, all those PES fans that have arrogantly come here and said "fifa08 is crap" will not spend five minutes with the game, while they spent weeks to figure out how to play PES before liking it... How biased and ret**ded.

Oh and I am not starting a war here, of course there are biased people at both sides of the fence...

Regards!

Looking through this thread you can easilly see who the real PES "fanboys" are

People are forgetting why we are here in the first place, because we are big fans of PES/WE. Now its not our fault that seabass is churning out a half arsed game every year now is it?

Fifa in 3 games have took gigantic steps forward comparing to PES which hasnt changed much at all in alot of years.

So why do PES fans constantly come here to question why we are liking this game? Check most of our join dates and you will see we have been here from the early days really enjoying PES. So whoever comes in and says thing about "Fifa fanboys" needs there heads checking. Its been said before that this is the first Fifa that people are liking, so how we are becoming fanboys off a 4 minute demo is beyond me

1 last thing from reading this thread of what the word Fanboy has meant to me is people sticking with the same game for years, which is in decline and bashing people for liking another game of the same genre which is coming on leaps and bounds, when all we all want to do is play a good game of football regardless of what its called

peace out from a so called fifa fanboy :)

Thats what I have been trying to say but you summed it up very well.

PES is great but just not as big a step as FIFA which edges it due to the deeper modes and superior atmosphere.

K, I've been away in Wales for a few days, so I've only just been able to get net access today.

Anyway, as for the demo. Well it shits on PES completely. Now it isn't perfect, as I don't like the lack of control during when the ball is loose, and during when the ball is in the air, but everything else is just much better than PES gameplay wise. I'll post more about this later, but IMO, this shits on PES.

love that video a few posts up - great goal.

It's got me in the mood now to go and play fifa myself

I've been away in Hamburg for 4 days and am dying to play the game!! I need to wait until I get home from work to download it - how long does it take on average to download?

I haven't seen the wife either - so I will have to show her some lovin tonight. So I might not be able to play it until tomorrow!!

By the way four days of post reading is a lot!! i havent done any work today :-)

Back
Top Bottom