FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

Oh definately.

Some stuff in PSM3, might scan them. Nothing new though.

Dont worry mate i was just getting back on topic.

D-pad is the best.

Adonis, you work too hard bro. ;)

EDIT: Oh wow, I love the sound of this man. "You'll never see the same thing twice", it just sounds out of this world.

Stuff Pro Evo, I can't wait for this. :D

Last edited:

Adonis, you work too hard bro. ;)

EDIT: Oh wow, I love the sound of this man. "You'll never see the same thing twice", it just sounds out of this world.

Stuff Pro Evo, I can't wait for this. :D

lol dont worry, Ive got an easy to use scanner so it takes no time at all.

Yeh that does sound amazing. Its believable aswell, some of the motion-capture tech EA have got is incredible.

With these latests posts I am seriously excited by the prospect of FIFA 08 :) I am for once not thinking about the next PES game but about the next FIFA! I havent done that since World Cup 98 on the PSX!

With these latests posts I am seriously excited by the prospect of FIFA 08 I am for once not thinking about the next PES game but about the next FIFA! I havent done that since World Cup 98 on the PSX!

Didnt you say the same thing last year with fifa07? :D I know i did, and i remember responding to someone else saying it aswell......or was it jack

I can vaguely remember something along those lines :) EA always do this to us. I am just seriously hoping it turns out good. Konami havent really said much about PES 2008 as of yet.

There saying the right things but how often have they produced anything as good as they say?

Hopefully this is the year for 2 great footy titles though

btw when are they both released on the 360?

Must admit looking forward to both titles now and if EA can sort their glitches out and don't cut the team's down again(looking forward to the lower league scraps), they could convert me from Evo!! :shock:

Whatever happens ,this year will be fantastic between FIFA 08 and PES 2008 since I intent to get both games.
ps:I got my XBOX 360 today woohoo ,gfx look fantastic even on an SDTV

With these latests posts I am seriously excited by the prospect of FIFA 08 :) I am for once not thinking about the next PES game but about the next FIFA! I havent done that since World Cup 98 on the PSX!

The same problem here! ;)

how damn often i heard this "never see the same stuff twice" before...i never again believe any marketing bullshit of the big gun publishers. :)

screw ea, screw konami, only judge the games when you hold them in your hands.

how damn often i heard this "never see the same stuff twice" before...i never again believe any marketing bullshit of the big gun publishers. :)

screw ea, screw konami, only judge the games when you hold them in your hands.

thats very true

Oh well I guess we shall just have to wait and see... as my avatar says I hope EA dont let us down this time!!

EA should be showing the game at E3, here are the times:

Wednesday, 11th July

04:30 - Microsoft
17:00 - Nintendo
19:30 - Sony Computer Entertainment
22:00 - Electronic Arts
23:15 - Activision

I have to say from the early pics of both games Fifa is looking a lot better than pro so far God I never thought id say that
Pro evo doesnt seem to have changed the graphics from last year where as fifa is wow. :D

I believed all the bollocks about fifa 07, and and is the only fifa game i ever bought.
I'll tread more carefully this time for sure.

Is it true that, within the past year or 2, some of the PES development team were poached by EA to program FIFA?

If so, why does playing FIFA07 bring back such strong memories of playing FIFA Road To World Cup '98?

LOL, took the words right out of my mouth. :D

I remember loving that, and then FIFA 99 to a lesser extent thanks to the English Super Patch I put together for it, but after that they went down a long, bad road. Thankfully they've actually taken advantage of the next-gen consoles by rebuilding the engine now (they said they would for the last seven years, so it's about time really).

I had a game of PES6 on the PS2 the other day with a Champions League option file, and I have to admit, I had a good laugh with it. But then I did on the UEFA CL game as well. In my view, they're both great in their own ways, and both piss-poor in their own ways, even though I don't know if I will start buying two games that try to do the same thing as eachother per year... PES isn't realism, in my view, because everything's automatic - but it could be argued that it's realistic because it's automatic, and that the passes come to the best teams in the world "automatically", if you see what I mean (and PES doesn't have lower-league teams, don't think it ever will, so that will always be the case).

Now FIFA/UEFA I regard as the ultimate in realism, you have to power the passes yourself, aim them yourself, all the shot aiming is down to you (not a coin-toss that the CPU does to decide whether it will let you score or not), and your players will make RUNS for you (GOD it pisses me off in PES when you've got the ball and you're waiting for your winger to move into a good position, and he just SITS there like "what, I'm tired, let me stand still for a bit"). But then the response times really grate.

I could have a laugh with both - at least, as long as PES is on the PS2 and not on the 360, and FIFA/UEFA is on the 360 and not on the PS2. God these developers like to make it complicated.

Last edited:

Why is it whenever EA say they'll go back to basics (FIFA 03, FIFA 07) they make a good game and catch up with Konami.

And whenever they go adding tricksand gimmicks it turns out to be complete crap (FIFA 2000, FIFA 2004).

Back
Top Bottom