FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

Far too many parried shots in uefa which led to tap ins, that is something id like to see eradicated from FIFA 08.

Far too many parried shots in uefa which led to tap ins, that is something id like to see eradicated from FIFA 08.

yeah that was definitely one of the problems with the keepers, it wasn't the only one though and i wouldn't like to see it eradicated altogether but it certainly needs toning down.

i could easily do a 400 word essay on what was wrong with the keepers, but i'm too lazy!

Or perhaps they went back to 1997 and asked 'Dodgy Keeper' David James?

Dynamite, If it was a particularly hard/curved shot which would give a real life keeper a situation in which he has to parry the shot then fair enough, but not little pea rolled efforts which hardly have any power at all that a real goalie would make a (Andy Gray) "Bread and butter save"

Or perhaps they went back to 1997 and asked 'Dodgy Keeper' David James?

Dynamite, If it was a particularly hard/curved shot which would give a real life keeper a situation in which he has to parry the shot then fair enough, but not little pea rolled efforts which hardly have any power at all that a real goalie would make a (Andy Gray) "Bread and butter save"

i agree with you it happened in uefa champions league game way too much and in situations when the keeper should've held on to the ball. i'm only saying that i don't want it taking out completely, there's got to be a happy medium.

on a side note does anyone remember an announcement of a football game for ps3 from the london sony studio? the same people that made this is football.

i'm sure there was even a thread in this forum on it a year or so ago but i've heard fuck all since

Thats because they arent making This Is Football/World Tour Soccer (USA) anymore mate.

I for one actually liked TIF 2005 with the eyetoy function. The only problem for me was the game lacked depth in terms of the gameplay engine. Had they overhauled that in previous TIF's then it would have probably got a better reception than it did!

yeah it was ok, bought the latest one for my psp and thought it was worse than the previous version on the ps2 though. maybe that was because i don't really feel comfortable with my hands when i'm playing a psp!

would've been nice to see what the ps3 version turned out like but oh well.

Anyway back to fifa 08, i hope they improve the goalies :)

I've always been a PES fan and the last time I did play a FIFA game was FIFA 2004 and I hated it so much that i thought not to play any fifa game anymore.I recently bought FIFA 07 on the ps2 and I must say it's not that bad.I'm dissapointed with PES6 because I think the game has gone backwards and I really think that Konami's strategy and way of making the game is really stupid.PES6 is a crap game (i repeat I'm a pes fan) ,not enough teams,crap defences,crap shooting,crap dribbling (specially the unrealistic side step),crap ML,crap long balls,crap keeper clearances,crap FKs,crap throw ins,crap corners.I mean PES6 is the worst pes in my opinion (that's my opinion).FIFA 07 has also got some flaws (shooting,crazy dribbling and a lot more) ,however other pes fan should realise that in terms of improvements over the last 3 years FIFA edges PES and there is no doubt that.If FIFA 08 will be better than PES 7 ,it'll be fine for me since I'll only purchase the best footie game.Konami should be worried ,if they don't make drastics changes in the concept of their game I'm afraid that they'll regret deeply.
Anyway this "war" between KONAMI and EA can only be good for true footie game fans and not brand worshipping players :mrgreen::mrgreen:
Peace :mrgreen::mrgreen:

FIFA 2004 sucked completely. It felt like fully automatic football that you had no control over. 07 on 360 completely changed that for the better and im hoping 08 tightens up what 07 started. If it does we are in for a treat!

i know this thread is about fifa 08 but i keep reading that in pes if the keeper has the ball at his feet he can't clear his own half with his clearance. this is true if you use the long pass button only. but if you hold the change man button and tap the long ball button then 99 times out of a 100 he will at least reach the half way line.

i'm sure the majority of you know though

i know this thread is about fifa 08 but i keep reading that in pes if the keeper has the ball at his feet he can't clear his own half with his clearance. this is true if you use the long pass button only. but if you hold the change man button and tap the long ball button then 99 times out of a 100 he will at least reach the half way line.

i'm sure the majority of you know though

?

Nope but 7/10 shots in Pro Evo go no where near your aiming for :) You tap the shot button and it baloons over the bar.

In defence of PES, the shots do balloon over in the 360 version, but not on the PS2 version.

That reminds me of a PES question I had, actually... I'll go and look for an appropriate thread...

BS, 9 out of 10 shots get parried away in fifa.. and 6/10 times after that for a goal, at least in pro evo it hardly leads to a goal

I play PS2 PES 6 with friend played PES since number 1 so for years and most of the goals are constant tap ins because keeper parrys it to player or parrys it straight in front.

Not sure how many games we played on it now must be like over 300 games now and keepers are way more flappy in PES then we experienced in Uefa. :)

Might not be your opinion but its mine and not bs i dont bs.

I never play game vs computer really or not often always with friend so maybe its different against AI but i can tell you we are both very annoyed about it and why i have been saying i want to see keeper changes.

And for record we are not talking about Fifa 07 we are talking about Uefa Champions league 06/07 for 360 for me the keepers in this are big step up from Fifa 07. And reason i dont play PES 6 on 360 simple fact its a pile of rubbish compared to the current gen version and a big let down from Konami.

Last edited:

after seeing gameplay for the wii version of fifa 08 wich is a water down version of the ps3 xbox360 version i must say it looks awesome what i didnt like about the fifa 07 was the running animations looks like theve sorted it and i must say fifa getting closer to pes every year

Interesting thing I heard on the 1up.com podcast, the next gen american footie games are all running at 60fps on the 360 and 30fps on the PS3, wonder if it could be the same with FIFA.

after seeing gameplay for the wii version of fifa 08 wich is a water down version of the ps3 xbox360 version i must say it looks awesome what i didnt like about the fifa 07 was the running animations looks like theve sorted it and i must say fifa getting closer to pes every year
You never know though - the PS2 versions of FIFA 07 & UEFA CL weren't watered-down versions of the next-gen games. They were totally different games with totally different gameplay.

Hopefully you're right but you never know (even though the PS2 versions were rubbish, there were some great features in them that were missed out of the next-gen versions, I'd hate for that to happen again - although the "Interactive Leagues" mode has been confirmed to be in the next-gen versions this year, which is brilliant).

You never know though - the PS2 versions of FIFA 07 & UEFA CL weren't watered-down versions of the next-gen games. They were totally different games with totally different gameplay.

Hopefully you're right but you never know (even though the PS2 versions were rubbish, there were some great features in them that were missed out of the next-gen versions, I'd hate for that to happen again - although the "Interactive Leagues" mode has been confirmed to be in the next-gen versions this year, which is brilliant).

they using the same animation system tho are they

They didn't with the last two games, the animations were different on PS2 to 360 and vice versa. Mainly because the PS2 couldn't support the extra detail that the 360 animations have. I would imagine the Wii can't either but we'll see!

They didn't with the last two games, the animations were different on PS2 to 360 and vice versa. Mainly because the PS2 couldn't support the extra detail that the 360 animations have. I would imagine the Wii can't either but we'll see!

Who knows what the Wii can do? i'm hopeful but early signs point to "marginally better " graphics and animations...

then theres madden 08 too

obviously gameplay is a massive part of the game, but i like my game to look authentic

i hate the fact that goalkeepers in fifa are not wearing the correct kit, hate the fact that pro evo has banners saying "who ate all the pies", in fact i despise it...hope this gets sorted

suffdaddy

can u ask u contact when he played fifa 08 if the running animation with and without the ball have improved what the major problem for me in fifa 07 xbox360 was that all the player ran in a hunchback way players like henry ronaldinho should run in more athletic way cheers suff

Last edited:

If it does all go a bit wobbly, you'll be able to switch to manual control of your keeper by pressing R3. This is especially useful during freekicks, as you'll be able to cover the bits of the goalmouth left unguarded by your wall, and when you've been caught on the hop by a quick counter.

FInally.. I will buy it just for that if true. if you have full control of the keeper and actually can press a button to make a save.. this game would be a must buy for me and my buddies.

also, I like reading the fact that they are fixing shooting and player control.. the biggest problem I have with FIFA on the 360 is the laggy control and button responsiveness.. imo it makes the game almost unplayable and not enjoyable.

Ok guys Im back again with some info from my mate in the US. He has had extensive time on the game and gave me some more info.

One thing that excites me is the use of the trick stick. He tell me the use of it in Fifa 08 is revolutionary. Its gonna open up so many things in the game. He tells me the control you have of the player is far more indepth not only in Football games, but sports games in general. Apparently you press one of the shoulder versions to go into a slow dribble mode, to activate the tricks you play around with the right stick.

But its not as simple as that, or basic. Because you can use it so quick it becomes an essiential part of the game. Its not only useful when trying to beat players, its valuable when you are getting pressured, making room for a shot, dummying players etc

It also have varying effects on your opponent depending on how they go up against you. If, for example, your opponent is pressuring you aggresively, a quick dummy will send him the wrong way. This animation is automatic. This obviously means if your opponent is standing his ground and you attempt a trick it will fail and wont fool him.

He told me he saw EA representatives showing off trick moves from various players and they looked so fluid it was untrue. Its a level up from anything hes seen before, and he truly believes this time EA have nailed it.

The way he summed it up was that for the first time in any football game you feel like you are actually controlling the players feet, aswell as the player himself.

Sounds crazy, but the more you think about it the more 'revolutionary' it sounds. Cant wait

sounds great! if they fix the laggy control.. I think FIFA could be the better footie game for once

can you ask your mate if he seen anything regarding the manual goalie?

If there is true manual keeper which i doubt... then I don't care if the keepers stay the same as current versions.. you now have no excuse if the keeper AI shitty if you can control it yourself and make the save. Why EA and Konami have yet to implement this is rather dissapointing to me. Think about it.. you could stop any shit goal the normal crappy keeper Ai lets in.

Interesting thing I heard on the 1up.com podcast, the next gen american footie games are all running at 60fps on the 360 and 30fps on the PS3, wonder if it could be the same with FIFA.

I would say it's safe to bet that both FIFA 2008 and NHL 2008 will be same case..

but.. there is hope

Last edited:

Any news on if it has a full Argentine league yet, or is it just River and Boca ?

Guys it look like theres a reason why my contact hasnt seen the PS3 version yet.

Apparently it has the same problems as Madden. The 360 version will run at 60fps, the PS3 at 30fps.

From next year though PS3 will become the lead platform to stop this happening.

Back
Top Bottom