FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

Guys it look like theres a reason why my contact hasnt seen the PS3 version yet.

Apparently it has the same problems as Madden. The 360 version will run at 60fps, the PS3 at 30fps.

From next year though PS3 will become the lead platform to stop this happening.
Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah! Hurray for Microsoft (I may never say that ever again)! :D

With all this "PES will be better on PS3" stuff flying about, it makes you wonder. I'd laugh if FIFA is better on 360 and PES is better on PS3.

Guys it look like theres a reason why my contact hasnt seen the PS3 version yet.

Apparently it has the same problems as Madden. The 360 version will run at 60fps, the PS3 at 30fps.

From next year though PS3 will become the lead platform to stop this happening.

I was afraid of this....

Backs up what I said before about games running smoother on the 360 :) The thing is even games made on PS3 hardware have ran smoother with less jerky movement on the 360 than on a PS3. Might have to Ebay the PS3 :)

Backs up what I said before about games running smoother on the 360 :) The thing is even games made on PS3 hardware have ran smoother with less jerky movement on the 360 than on a PS3. Might have to Ebay the PS3 :)

I'm going the other way, and selling the 360. Mainly because of the noise, the controller, and the number of boxes under the telly (with the HD Drive).

I cannot believe they cannot program games to run at 60 fps on the PS3, very strange indeed.

lionel I think your making a mistake but never mind. So far the PS3 has demonstrated that it struggles with slowdown on Motorstorm and cant handle some of the other games ported to it or made on its own Hardware...

credit cvg.co.uk

It all starts from July 10 and runs through to July 13. Microsoft will once again serve up its E3: Bringing It Home feature that will offer downloads via Xbox Live Marketplace of what's going on at E3.

If you're an Xbox 360 owner then you'll be able to download high-definition content including the Microsoft's E3 2007 press conference (beginning at 8:30 p.m. PDT on July 10) and regular video updates direct from the show.

There will also be a selection of trailers, themes, gamer pictures and demos will be available from the likes of:

Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation

Assassin's Creed

BioShock

Blue Dragon

Burnout Paradise

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

FIFA 08

Guitar Hero III

Lost Odyssey

Madden NFL 08

NCAA Football 08

Need for Speed: ProStreet

Project Gotham Racing 4

The Simpsons Game

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08" (Electronic Arts)

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008

maybe we'll get a demo of fifa 08, probably not but here's to hoping. more likely we'll get video or a gamer pic!

Leagues in FIFA08

Amerikaanse MLS
Belgische Jupiler League
Braziliaanse Competitie
Deense SAS Ligaen
Duitse 1st Bundesliga
Duitse 2de Bundesliga
Engelse F.A Premier League
Engelse Championship
Engelse League One
Engelse League Two
Franse Ligue 1 Orange
Franse Ligue 2 Orange
Internationaal
Italiaanse Competitie 1
Italiaanse Competitie 2
Koreaanse K-League
Mexicaanse 1e Divisie
Nederlandse Eredivisie
Noorse Tippeligaen
Oostenrijkse Bundesliga
Overige Landen
Poolse Ekstraklasa
Portugese Bwin Liga
Schotse Premier League
Spaanse Primera Division
Spaanse Segunda Division
Turkse Super League
Wereldcompetitie
Zweedse Allsvenskan
Zwitserse Super League
Tsjechische Gambrinus Liga
Ierse FAI Eircom League
Australische A-League

http://www.fifabenelux.com/nieuws.php?id=1857

Demo of Fifa 08 in a week? This is good. Lets hope its good enough.

Lami where did you hear this?

credit cvg.co.uk

It all starts from July 10 and runs through to July 13. Microsoft will once again serve up its E3: Bringing It Home feature that will offer downloads via Xbox Live Marketplace of what's going on at E3.

If you're an Xbox 360 owner then you'll be able to download high-definition content including the Microsoft's E3 2007 press conference (beginning at 8:30 p.m. PDT on July 10) and regular video updates direct from the show.

There will also be a selection of trailers, themes, gamer pictures and demos will be available from the likes of:

Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation

Assassin's Creed

BioShock

Blue Dragon

Burnout Paradise

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

FIFA 08

Guitar Hero III

Lost Odyssey

Madden NFL 08

NCAA Football 08

Need for Speed: ProStreet

Project Gotham Racing 4

The Simpsons Game

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08" (Electronic Arts)

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008

maybe we'll get a demo of fifa 08, probably not but here's to hoping. more likely we'll get video or a gamer pic!

This dude.

He said maybe, but there is no chance in it being out this early

TG i was referring too the 360 running at 60 fps and the PS3 a pitiful 30 fps :)

also that teams list, will we be alive long enough to ever see that many teams in PES?

Coopz not if EA has anything to do with it! its all about licenses and money which is rather annoying!

lionel I think your making a mistake but never mind. So far the PS3 has demonstrated that it struggles with slowdown on Motorstorm and cant handle some of the other games ported to it or made on its own Hardware...

you cant state that from the info we know so far. It is more likely that the PS3 is just a pig to develop for and to get the best out of, whereas the 360 is of equal (ish) power but is much easier to optimise and develop for with lots of SDKs already in place and coders trained up for.

The issue is however, how long before Ps3 developers manage to squeeze 360 levels (or more?) of power from the console? Or how long before some developers give up on the time and cost needed and just resort to sloppy ports to ps3?

I hear what you are saying, but surely PS3 has the power under its bonnet to overcome these teething problems? When second and third generation games come I'm guessing we'll start to see a difference. I'm no expert but surely there's no practical reason why Fifa and Pes can't look at least as good on a PS3 or even maybe a little better (2% say)?:roll:

Lionel talk is cheap.. you know that right? well all this Multi Cell Processing stuff I think is far overrated! Whats the point of all this power when it cant do the simple stuff? This is one of the Reasons why the Sega Saturn fell. It had some sort of Multi Floating Architechture which should have made it more powerful than the PS1 but it was too much of a bitch to program for so SEGA Gave up and released the Dreamcast a couple of years later.

Lionel talk is cheap.. you know that right? well all this Multi Cell Processing stuff I think is far overrated! Whats the point of all this power when it cant do the simple stuff? This is one of the Reasons why the Sega Saturn fell. It had some sort of Multi Floating Architechture which should have made it more powerful than the PS1 but it was too much of a bitch to program for so SEGA Gave up and released the Dreamcast a couple of years later.

You're right talk is cheap and I'm no fanboy btw; I just want two kickass footie games on a comfortable controller.

But I remember all the same things said about PS2 7 years ago, and in the years that followed, look what happened.

End of the day, its all about the games, Sony have to show exclusive games with a noticable improvement over their rival. My bet is they will come eventually, probably next year.

Demo of Fifa 08 in a week? This is good. Lets hope its good enough.

not definite at all, only speculation, i think it's an official list though.

when did the fifa demo come out last year? anyone remember? i'm pretty sure it was august-september time

You're right talk is cheap and I'm no fanboy btw; I just want two kickass footie games on a comfortable controller.

But I remember all the same things said about PS2 7 years ago, and in the years that followed, look what happened.

End of the day, its all about the games, Sony have to show exclusive games with a noticable improvement over their rival. My bet is they will come eventually, probably next year.
By then MS will have the next gen console after this one lined up :)

Virtua Fighter 3? Virtua Tennis 3? both developed using PS3 hardware and the 360 version of VF5 is smoother and runs better :).

Lindbergh isn't PS3 hardware. In fact it is PC based, so is probably closer to the 360 it terms of infastructure than it is the PS3.

Virtua Tennis 3 was ported from Lindbergh by different companies for the different versions. Sumo handled the 360, PC and PSP versions with AM3 themselves handling the PS3 version.

Both versions are considered to be pretty much identical, although many felt that the PS3 had a slight edge.

I would expect for the 360 version of Virtua Fighter 5 to be refined over the PS3 release simply because they have had many months more development time on that version. Even with that, I still believe they have ported the arcade version afresh to 360, rather than using the PS3 version as a basis for the port, so your point is once again mute.

If something like Sega Rally Revo, which we are led to believe is using the PS3 as the lead platform turns out to run 'smoother' on 360 then I will hold my hands up and admit I'm wrong, but at this moment in time you have no evidence on which to back up the statement you made.

Lindbergh isn't PS3 hardware. In fact it is PC based, so is probably closer to the 360 it terms of infastructure than it is the PS3.

Virtua Tennis 3 was ported from Lindbergh by different companies for the different versions. Sumo handled the 360, PC and PSP versions with AM3 themselves handling the PS3 version.

Both versions are considered to be pretty much identical, although many felt that the PS3 had a slight edge.

I would expect for the 360 version of Virtua Fighter 5 to be refined over the PS3 release simply because they have had many months more development time on that version. Even with that, I still believe they have ported the arcade version afresh to 360, rather than using the PS3 version as a basis for the port, so your point is once again mute.

If something like Sega Rally Revo, which we are led to believe is using the PS3 as the lead platform turns out to run 'smoother' on 360 then I will hold my hands up and admit I'm wrong, but at this moment in time you have no evidence on which to back up the statement you made.

Well said. For the the real test will be Burnout 5.

Developed on PS3 ported to 360. Also DMC4 is done on PS3 but is delayed due to the 360 port as well. These two games wil test to see if EA are just crap.

I think the edge may have been a HDMI preference over VGA but at any rate the difference was very minimal, 1 or 2%, unless of course you wanted to play online; in which case the PS3 version was useless.

Not disagreeing with you though.

TG i was referring too the 360 running at 60 fps and the PS3 a pitiful 30 fps :)

Because the game are made on the 360/PC, the PS3 is completly different, but isn't a problem for me i don't play EA games, only SSX is fun for me.

Virtua Fighter 3? Virtua Tennis 3? both developed using PS3 hardware and the 360 version of VF5 is smoother and runs better :).
Virtua Tennis 3 also looks better on 360, they put in 1080p at the last minute. 360 version also has sharper textures and soft shadows.

I remember when gamespot done the 360 vs PS3 graphics head to head and VT3 looked better on 360 just like MLB 2K7 did also.

I remember when gamespot done the 360 vs PS3 graphics head to head and VT3 looked better on 360 just like MLB 2K7 did also.

Well i think it plays better on PS3 due to pad so for me PS3 version is best.

Back
Top Bottom