FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

It's been confirmed by Adonis, Suff played the final build this week at EA HQ. He mentioned to me before he posted that here on the same day he played that the demo bulid was older and the final version looks, feels and plays better, with graphics and the response time being the major inprovements as well as other little things. So rest assured it's been improved.

:shock: :shock: :shock: Wow! I now cannot wait to play an even better version of FIFA 08!!! Bring it on

It's been confirmed by Adonis, Suff played the final build this week at EA HQ. He mentioned to me before he posted that here on the same day he played that the demo bulid was older and the final version looks, feels and plays better, with graphics and the response time being the major inprovements as well as other little things. So rest assured it's been improved.

Jesus christ. I really can't wait now.

You can tell the demo is missing that extra 10-15% from looking at the recent videos which just look far more polished all round.

I am very confident that the final game has the finishing touches required to make it a first class game pes fan or not.

Yea Dr Force, i thought there was something a little wrong with the way the nets were reacting in the demo compared to those videos that have been released!!!

Yea Dr Force, i thought there was something a little wrong with the way the nets were reacting in the demo compared to those videos that have been released!!!

That is the biggest give away Tim for me.The nets in the latter vids make the nets look real, these nets look like ones about 10 weeks ago.

oh god dam it, now im really stumped to what I should do.

Leave PES the the first time ever and actually buy fifa

Just my opinion!

Microsoft copy from Sony some good stuff and i believe XBOX360 is better from PS3

EA copy from Konamy some gameplay aspects and now FIFA is better from PES

Yup, and im glad they have stole MANY things off pes. PES came up with the ideas and never developed them, now FIFA is taking all the great stuff from PES and adapting it into their game. Genius if you ask me. This is why myself, and a lot of former die hard pro evo fans, like the game even more.

Its like theyre merging the great stuff from pes with the great stuff with fifa, something ive wished for, for many a year :D

Yup, and im glad they have stole MANY things off pes. PES came up with the ideas and never developed them, now FIFA is taking all the great stuff from PES and adapting it into their game. Genius if you ask me. This is why myself, and a lot of former die hard pro evo fans, like the game even more.

Its like theyre merging the great stuff from pes with the great stuff with fifa, something ive wished for, for many a year :D

Youhit the nail on the head there matey.

Me too, mate :)

Imagine the demo with better nets, commentary, better response times, slightly better graphics, all leagues, matches as long as you want them to be, career mode.

\\:o/

Just my opinion!

Microsoft copy from Sony some good stuff and i believe XBOX360 is better from PS3

EA copy from Konamy some gameplay aspects and now FIFA is better from PES

I guess Konami does the same with licensing and stuff and presentation .PES has a lot of good stuff in terms of gameplay ,it just needed to take another step higher this year (maybe next ?? )

I'm in total agreement with most here that based on the demo FIFA shows great promise to be the footy game we've all been waiting for that combines full licenses, great presentation and commentary and finally solid gameplay...but what's really disappointing to me is that this tremendous accomplishment may suffer (at least in my opinion), simply because of a couple minor issues which could easily be corrected - Camera angle and controller button configuration...
WHY oh why can't EA simply give us a custom camera?! (TELE is too far and DYNAMIC is too close!!) They've created this brilliant looking game and haven't given us a view that works to take best advantage of it dammit!
And how hard is it to just allow us to customize the controller buttons?!! Why make us have to learn a new scheme and try to get our fingers to 'unlearn' what we've grown accustomed to?! It's like an auto manufacturer suddenly deciding to swap the accelerator and brake pedals!!
Damn you EA for making such a great game and still managing to muck it up!

Last edited:

i love the new fifa, but i also reckon we should wait to try pes, what happens if thats brill too?

We get two games instead of one!

Loving it, still can't seem to score. Lots of headers going over, not sure if its about timing, or simply who's heading the ball. Cisse for example always knocks it over the ball whilst Toni and Klose loop them over the keeper :D

I'm not even using the whole array of buttons. I've hardly used the chipped through ball, or the trickstick, and I've yet to experiment with the assisted/semi/manual options.

I think I've had literally one header not go over the bar, and that's the one goal I scored in my last 100 matches on the demo (that's a literal number, not an exaggeration).

Loving it, still can't seem to score. Lots of headers going over, not sure if its about timing, or simply who's heading the ball. Cisse for example always knocks it over the ball whilst Toni and Klose loop them over the keeper :D

I'm not even using the whole array of buttons. I've hardly used the chipped through ball, or the trickstick, and I've yet to experiment with the assisted/semi/manual options.

Hey pete cant wait to play as the reds on this at Anfield too. Seems as if they have fixed the stadiums too so that the crowd are right behind the goal, judging by Old trafford anyway!

After playing the demo loads and loads with my mate last night and today, I'm ready to stop playing now and wait for the full game. I really am enjoying it so much, and I've improved a huge amount where now my play is looking like Arsenal at times! :)

But the four minute halves and lack of teams to choose from is annoying me, so I'll put it to bed now and wait til the 28th to play again.

Roll on the 28th!

After playing the demo loads and loads with my mate last night and today, I'm ready to stop playing now and wait for the full game. I really am enjoying it so much, and I've improved a huge amount where now my play is looking like Arsenal at times! :)

But the four minute halves and lack of teams to choose from is annoying me, so I'll put it to bed now and wait til the 28th to play again.

Roll on the 28th!

I am leaving the match and just concentrating on the skills in the arena.just because they are going to be hard to master.

Looking forward to playing with Gerrard and Torres in the team :D

I think the wayward headers are usually a result of a poor looping cross rather than one whipped in with intent. Only exceptional headers of the ball can generate enough power and accuracy on floated, high balls. And hence why I can only seem to score headers with Bayern's front two :D

I'm in total agreement with most here that based on the demo FIFA shows great promise to be the footy game we've all been waiting for that combines full licenses, great presentation and commentary and finally solid gameplay...but what's really disappointing to me is that this tremendous accomplishment may suffer (at least in my opinion), simply because of a couple minor issues which could easily be corrected - Camera angle and controller button configuration...
WHY oh why can't EA simply give us a custom camera?! (TELE is too far and DYNAMIC is too close!!) They've created this brilliant looking game and haven't given us a view that works to take best advantage of it dammit!
And how hard is it to just allow us to customize the controller buttons?!! Why make us have to learn a new scheme and try to get our fingers to 'unlearn' what we've grown accustomed to?! It's like an auto manufacturer suddenly deciding to swap the accelerator and brake pedals!!
Damn you EA for making such a great game and still managing to muck it up!

TELE camera works perfect for me. But I am playing on HD 47" LCD. Maybe its too far for SD TVs.

Played the demo 20 times today and I cant wait for my copy. This is the game I always wanted PES to be.

I'm still dubious over the improved response times guys... that's core stuff..

It might not be. It could be something as simple as tweaking a couple of input parameters...a couple of numbers which dictate the speed at which a player starts to move after the control has been issued by the human player. Not dissimilar to simply adjusting the player stats so he can run faster, shoot more accurately, etc.

The current perceived delay in response could be something which EA had, in their eyes, made the pace of the game more realistic or perhaps made it that bit more challenging to play (if it's too responsive, it might be too easy to skin the AI).

They might have subsequently changed their mind to make it a tad more responsive without comprimising the general tempo of the game or the level of difficulty.

Does anyone know how the edit mode will be in the final version? I'm guessing it won't be as deep as PES' edit mode.

Would be cool if you could at least edit skills, teams and transfer players.

What I liked about PES' edit mode, was that I could create teams like Manchester United '99, Roma 2001 etc. to full extent.

Looking forward to playing with Gerrard and Torres in the team :D

I think the wayward headers are usually a result of a poor looping cross rather than one whipped in with intent. Only exceptional headers of the ball can generate enough power and accuracy on floated, high balls. And hence why I can only seem to score headers with Bayern's front two :D

that's because Toni & Close are great in the air;)
with liverpool will be easyer to score from croses for sure, as they have some quality strickers like Veronin, Kujt, Torres & Crouch

Roll on the 28th!

Same here mate.

Hey guys, can anybody tell me if I will be able to just play a single season, say for example a Premiership, or a La Liga?

Or do you have to do the manager mode thing? And what is the manager mode thing? Is it the thing with contracts etc etc

Hey guys, can anybody tell me if I will be able to just play a single season, say for example a Premiership, or a La Liga?

Or do you have to do the manager mode thing? And what is the manager mode thing? Is it the thing with contracts etc etc

I assume there will be tons of mode. We are used to PES which always lacks options and modes:lol:

But I am curious too. Also, in the manager mode there's CL and UEFA cup too?

Back
Top Bottom