FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

I think that's because the game is on semi-pro, the second-easiest difficulty setting.

The defence doesn't seem to worsen, but the amount of goals the opposition can score seems to.

My biggest AI problem is the throw-ins, where the CPU will almost always throw the ball to a team-mate and then roll it out of play for no reason.

Yeh thats true..

Overall im really looking forward to playing World Class and getting my ass comprehensibly outplayed!

Just scored my first goal in 12 hours of matches (that's 15 halves per hour, times 12... 180 halves, or 90 full matches, THANK GOD I wasn't in a league).

Used jockey on a corner, got my head to the ball, hit the underside of the bar and bounced down over the line.

In celebration, I smashed three glasses, two windows and a small dog.

:applause::applause::applause::lmao::lmao:

@ Paul (placebo)

There have been comments that the final version is far superior to the demo.have you noticed any difference in the demo in comparison to the games you played at the GC.the very latest videos posted about a week ago showed a bit more polish in everything from the goal nets to the response's.

It's hard to say really, 20 mins with it at GCA has kinda been pushed to the back of my memory by 10s of hours with the demo since its release, to be honest I love how the demo plays so I really hope they haven't done something to it which removes that love, certainly I hope the pace pretty much stays the same.....

Excuse me for being thick. Whats 'jockie' that everyone keeps referring to?:roll:

It's a special goal scoring celebration, if you have a tall forward in the team such as Toni or Ibrahimovic, if you score a goal with a short player he'll jump on the back and use an imaginary whip to ride the tall player around the pitch ;)

yeah im wondering that too, the demo has been awesome, im so bitter that i have to wait three weeks for this game, you lucky SOBs!

I'm in the same boat as you, October 9th is the Asian release date apparently, how bloody hard is is gonna be from 28th September - 9th October :( Only consolation is I'm hopefully going to Tasik Kenyir in Malaysia for a vacation with Mrs. Statham :)

TRUE STORY:

It was hot. She was half dressed. We started fondling, going back and forth, a little touch here, a little touch there... I'm getting very excited by now of course! Suddenly Mommie walks in, "Half-Time, funtime is over! Go back to the training ground and play with yourself!"

Damn iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!

:D

TRUE STORY:

It was hot. She was half dressed. We started fondling, going back and forth, a little touch here, a little touch there... I'm getting very excited by now of course! Suddenly Mommie walks in, "Half-Time, funtime is over! Go back to the training ground and play with yourself!"

Damn iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!

:D

LOL, but its true

I agree with what people are saying in regards to the team momentum. I think they have it down as team chemistry. Whenever I start to get on top, I find that I can create more chances than when im trying to create openings by passing it round in midfield for ages. Your team seems more confident to try and make things happen. Lovely stuff.

I agree with what people are saying in regards to the team momentum. I think they have it down as team chemistry. Whenever I start to get on top, I find that I can create more chances than when im trying to create openings by passing it round in midfield for ages. Your team seems more confident to try and make things happen. Lovely stuff.

Thats what i try and do can hardly bleeding score though and never use the trick stick. I never seem to be able to take players on? Still loving it though.

i played fifa08 demo, its the best fifa game so far, BUT it still sucks!!! PES is much much better!

FIFA08 = BORING

I tend to find a quick ball into one of the strikers opens the defence up more because someone will try and close him down, then you have more options available and a little hole in the defence.

How do you all find the manual chipped through ball (LT+Triangle/Y or whatever it is on xbox)? Im liking it, it gives a differnt weight to the ball. It is more delicate, whereas the cross/high ball button, is a bit more weighted and has more power :) Again, more options to chose from, more creativity :)

I'm a big Pro Evo fan, but the more I play the demo, the more impressed i am. the only thing that is awful is the nets, they hardly move, almost rubber like. I hope they fix this before the final version is released.

Looking at the videos, they almost certainly have.

All I want to see is defences that become poorer for poorer teams. If all the defences are like Man Utd's, even if they're Accrington Stanley, I won't be impressed.

Looking at the videos, they almost certainly have.

All I want to see is defences that become poorer for poorer teams. If all the defences are like Man Utd's, even if they're Accrington Stanley, I won't be impressed.

Jack

Personally i dont think you will see a great deal of difference in AI, but I do think they will react slower giving you more time in the last 3rd with a better team.

The nets are'nt great in the demo but the vids we saw about a week ago showed much more movement, so i beleive the demo is maybe 6-8 weeks old IMO.

I am amazed sometimes at how the AI reacts,I often pull defenders out of position only for other players to drop in and cover his place.I have to pass across the back and in and out of midfield before i feel confident of making a good pass into my front man.This is far more realistic and thus much more rewarding.

The only problem i have is whether my relationship will last in th early days as i get to grips with it:shock:I can see alot of time being put into this.

This demo is impressive. I've played 5 hours against my mate, and it's been delicious. Began playing all manual, but it was too hard so we switched to semi. Impressive control, impressive AI, nice graphics, excellent animations, the best physics I've seen in a sports game... At the end, I was winning almost all matches 2 or 3 to 0 because I got the timing right and excelled at heading. I scored very very nice headers in open plays, and also managed to win defending headers. It's all a matter of timing your movements.

I love the reactions time and the pace of the game. PES is like playing pinball right now, while in Fifa I have to THINK before moving. I love when you are with your striker alone against 3 defenders and you just stop and wait or play backwards, because you know you have almost no options. In pes, you always play 1 on 1, never play against the TEAM. In Fifa, I know the team is far superior to the individual, and that's how the game is.

A lot of little and subtle things have to be considered. Contrary to some people here, I don't have any problem in playing quick one-touch passes to do great team moves. But it's not a "do it every time" thing. As in reality, sometimes the defenders just move right and read your movement. Plus, I use the L1 (playing my friend's PS3 here) button a lot to move my players around. But not just straight, sometimes widening the pitch. I was intercepting a lot of passes done by my mate, while he couldn't read my movements, so I was creating openings all the time. Tactics also play a big role there, and fatigue, and using the speed in a wise way. Just don't sprint all the time, make the sprint in the right time and you will earn your space. To head, just position your player and anticipate (by pressing the button in the right time, before your opponent).

Hey, I like this demo a lot. Really. One year ago I wouldn't believe I would play Fifa again. I will buy this and play it to death. What a feeling of fresh air!

I'm not worried that we all have to wait weeks for the game, as I don't have next-gen console and won't play until november. Hey, what if they delay the game until november? I'll send an email to EA about that, I've heard they listen to the comments of players.

Guys, found a way to turn quickly when your about to recieve the ball. Im playing on new alternate, I pressed LT and he will face the goal which ever way he is directing. So you have LB (jockey) for close control, no buttons for normal, Sprint for a little knock on, the RAS for a big knock on, and now LT to roll the ball round and face the goal. More choices, more freedom. I love it. One of my biggest PES gripes was controlling the ball, they never seemed to be able to burst away. Now you can do whatever the hell you want! :D

No, lazavas, I was just joking. As I don't have next gen console, I don't want ANY of you to play the game while I can't. I've heard EA are very open to suggestions, so I'll suggest they delay it until I get my ps3.

No, lazavas, I was just joking. As I don't have next gen console, I don't want ANY of you to play the game while I can't. I've heard EA are very open to suggestions, so I'll suggest they delay it until I get my ps3.

hahhahah dude! dont do that! i was looking all over internet to find something about the "delay" hahhahha, all good, now i can switch back into my "look forward to fifa" mode!:D

Just scored my first goal in 12 hours of matches (that's 15 halves per hour, times 12... 180 halves, or 90 full matches, THANK GOD I wasn't in a league).

Used jockey on a corner, got my head to the ball, hit the underside of the bar and bounced down over the line.

In celebration, I smashed three glasses, two windows and a small dog.

Bravo!

about smashing the glass,windows and dogLOL:lmao:

i have played the demo to death now so I think I am going to concentrate on messing in the arena doing tricks for a couple of weeks cus I think they are going to be an important part of creating space.

I am most looking forward to:

Better nets
Commentary
variable difficulty levels
Improved sound/atmosphere
Playing with lower league teams
different stadiums
online leagues
scoring:lol:

There is one thing this game is crying out for that is missing from the full version and that is a team practice facility.It's clear that this would have really helped better your game without playing an actual match.

oh well cant have it all.

The EA producer told me they were looking to add a moveable cardboard cutout type training wall to the Arena next time so we can practice free kicks properly which would be nice :)

The EA producer told me they were looking to add a moveable cardboard cutout type training wall to the Arena next time so we can practice free kicks properly which would be nice :)

I look forward to that Paul, but it cannot be too hard to put in afull training mode ala PES.It helps judging the pace of a pss to a team mte and allows you to do the ricks from a match perspective rather than the pro cam.

It is difficult to translate on the pitch as its a completely different animal.

Back
Top Bottom