FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

JB what the hell are you doing on the game, are you even attempting to score? I bet you have everything on manual thats why. Get passing on assisted and through ball on manual, that way you have the best of both worlds!

Jesus christ man its not 12hourswithoutagoal, hard!!!

Make that 12.

:(

LOL! Jack, I'm sorry to hear that. Unlike you I have scored, but the player responsiveness is what's killing it for me. I tried the LT and it does improve things, however the unresponsiveness is still there. Funny that some of the recent videos for this game did not appear to have this problem. Maybe the final version will be different. I certainly hope so. [-o<

Back to testing some more with the LT.

Whatever issues people are having with the game, all I can say is that this demo is awful and doesnt represent the final quality of the game.

I do actually find it surprising that people are actually enjoying this demo. There are aspects that truly impress me, but overall its a shambles. There are elements of this game that mirror real life perfectly, especially off the ball, but while in control of it its not very accurate at all. The animations imo are what bring this game to life and gives an illusion of a simulation. The ball physics are all over the place, very unpredictable.

But anyways, like I said this demo doesnt represent final quality of the game. Listen to the latest official Fifa podcast (get it from the itunes music store) to understand how we know this ;)

The trick system is more complex than i first thought. I'm working on transcribing that one awesome video.

And i found interesting things like slow rotating ie. if you rotate from 6oclock to 9 and hold it at 9 it does a roll over then goes into the rainbow animation.

Gonna look for more linkable moves.

that's good news adonis. can you link me to where i can get that podcast? ;)

Im not too sure if its on their main site mate, but you can get it off the itunes music store. After everyones heard it Im sure you'll have a lot of questions, many will be answered in tomorrows podcast :)

In what way is the full game different Adonis?

Blimey, probably easier to say what isnt different ;)

Happy to say graphics and response times are much improved. Im still not happy with the game, but the final version is much more enjoyable to play.

im listening to the podcast atm tell you more about it later

Thats intersting.I thought the demo was great but if the final game plays alot better then I am even more impressed.The response times are sluggish but I can live with this as I am becoming far more familiar with the game.

I would like to know how old the demo is in build quality (like 10 weeks before release or 3 weeks before release) I have a feeling that the demo code is completely done seperately from the game and thus is quite basic in in comparison to the full game.

After playing a few games (and finding out the button to this game) on the demo, I have to say it's not a bad game.

I'll defiantly rent it out it out and check out the full game.

wasnt really enough to say theres gonna be an improvement... from the podcast.. just peoples opinions and EA forums adminds opinions...

Jeez, after having the brilliant idea of putting shooting on manual I haven't scored a fucking goal in like 15 matches.

I must suck. :|

wasnt really enough to say theres gonna be an improvement... from the podcast.. just peoples opinions and EA forums adminds opinions...

Suffwan was on it, noone realise? Fifasoccerblog, heavily supported by EA, will be unleashed on Monday! From the makers of WENB.

the only problems i have with the demo are the occassionally iffy goalkeepers....the strange heading over the bar when they are on the line...and id really like to turn the difficulty up...im winning most games 1-0 or 2-0 despite the CPU having TONS OF TAP-INS and open goals...and they hit it high and wide every single time and its just ruining it for me...the only satisfaction i have is playing against bayern and leaving van-bommel in space cos he doesnt miss much..

Strange things:
-the shooting, nets and responsiveness are all MUCH better in the arena than they are in game.
- the headers and chances mentioned above.
- Jack's lack of scoring
- the strange light green tarp thing on the edges of the pitch.
- graphics on full hd 1080p seem to have dropped from FIFA 07 and UCL in terms of jaggies etc
- frame rate sucks in any replay where there is more than one person in the picture at one time.
- people have issues with the responsiveness...IT IS NOT A PROBLEM WITH CONTROLLER TO CONSOLE....the introduction of 'real' physics means that you cant do a full 270 degree turn while running flat out like PES...people need to gather their balance - its called REALISM guys. Passing is the key to this game..

If the full game plays like the arena does but in a match then i will be VERY happy as the arena is just a joy to play. I spent about an hour and a half just running around doing random things. Not even tricks..testing out early crosses etc.

By the way does anyone know how to do the second flick up with the rainbow?? i always knock it into my ass. Also..i saw that video...i wanna do a rabona :(.

ANOTHER MAJOR THING...the cpu can be in a good position deep wide in the box to either cut back, short cross or shoot...but they always turn around ...run right into the corner flag and THEN cross it...fucking annoying i want them to punish me.

Cant wait for the game on world class.

Played the demo last night with my mates until 4 in the morning. All settings in manual. I scored only ONE goal and it was a rebound one :lmao: This game is a brand new challenge. I love it.

Thats intersting.I thought the demo was great but if the final game plays alot better then I am even more impressed.The response times are sluggish but I can live with this as I am becoming far more familiar with the game.

co-sign dr.force...i really like how this demo plays ...if the full version is better , WOW. just cant imagine how much better it can be, beside some late GK jumps i saw.(sometimes the gk only jump for the ball after it is way past them)

Suffwan was on it, noone realise? Fifasoccerblog, heavily supported by EA, will be unleashed on Monday! From the makers of WENB.

Sorry I dont know him but i guess i will from now on :)

After playing the demo many hours...

Three annoyances:
  1. When kicking a penalty: There's a stutter when the ball crosses the line. Is this happening just on my machine? It's very annoying.
  2. Drag-back: It's the only animation I don't like. Looks weird. Ball doesn't seem to "roll" backwards. It's also to quick maybe? The rest of the animations look great to me.
  3. People that just want this game to "FAIL" and keep coming to this thread to ruin it, at least for me. Some of you may be very young indeed or just fucking blind. Don't you guys realize that all this is only going to put pressure on Konami? The fact that EA came up with something excellent this time around can only be good for us. I'm sure PES will be back to be the best soccer game on a gaming console, but unfortunately we'll have to wait until next year.
In my opinion, today, FIFA08 is the soccer game and it will rule for a year.

I am neither young nor blind yet don't think the demo is excellent at all.
I think PES2008 will be better.

in my opinion.

I respect your opinion jones, but in all honesty mate I don't understand why some people that don't like the demo keep playing it or even bother posting in this thread. That's all.

Sorry I dont know him but i guess i will from now on :)

I guess you dont visit the blog then!

Nah I doubt you will get used to him, we aint gonna be part of the fifa blog. Just gonna do it as part of our brand. Stay tuned for the launch on Monday.

I guess you dont visit the blog then!

Nah I doubt you will get used to him, we aint gonna be part of the fifa blog. Just gonna do it as part of our brand. Stay tuned for the launch on Monday.

Actually ive been on the Winningelevenblog a hell of alot of times over the last 2 months for news on PES:8):

just never decided to look at who kept the site running till u mentioned the name i had a quick check;)

Here's the tricks from This Video

I used clock notation assuming you're in the arena facing the keeper.

If it says 12<6 you roll the right stick from 12oclock to 6oclock clockwise
If it says 12>6 you roll the right stick from 12oclock to 6oclock counterclockwise

<=clockwise
>=counterclockwise
f=fast rotation
crs=click the right stick
ft=first touch, no holding lt

-12<3>10, 9<12, (6)<3<2<f9, rainbow

-crs, full circle clockwise (ball bouncing)

-12>10, 7,7 9>6, 9,9,3

-12>10<3, 3>f9 10,4 ft4

-hold lb, lb,lb, full circle cc, crs, full circle cw

-12>10<2>10 (release lt) hold lt 6>f3 rainbow

*you can only do a spin right after stepovers if you release the trigger then press it again during the stepovers

-crs, 3<f3, hold rb soon as spin starts, 3<f3 6<8>4

*this one is hard to get the timing for double and triple around the worlds. after u do the crs move u have to wait until the ball bounces back up and do the 3<f3 and as soon as that animation starts you have to hold rb and do another 3<f3 very quickly i know you can do up to 3 haven't tried 4.

-running 6,6, (to ball)12<3hold>12

-12<2>10, 2>12, release left trigger, hold LS left, cross?

*as he's doing the 2>12 you have to release the trigger and he does this exit move

I haven't done a rabona yet, i'm thinking its just luck when running sideways and hitting the cross button. have to keep trying.

Sorry if its confusing I couldn't think of better notation.

Last edited:

Whatever issues people are having with the game, all I can say is that this demo is awful and doesnt represent the final quality of the game.

this actually sounds awesome because I think this Demo is very good.. I can't believe how deep FIFA's gameplay is for once. I actually think FIFA is more of the sim now than PES. It also has a steeper learning curve. Maybe it's because I have mastered PES over the years. In the past though.. most could master a FIFA game in a couple of days.. this isn't the case now.

any ways.. if the final build is much better than the demo.. WOW that would be great.

also, for those of you having a problem with the response time turning.. are you using slow dribble button? L1 or LT when doing so.. if not you should.. L1 is like R2 in PES.. it's used for control. to recieve passes.. and can be used for doing the easiest move in the game to get around defenders imo.. by doing the side step manually.. this button is the most important in the game as you must use it on defense to win balls in the air as well.

I can't believe I bought NHL 08 which is probably the best next gen sports game released so far a day before the FIFA 08 demo.. once I played my first half of the FIFA demo i haven't went back to NHL yet.

Lastly, I now get that reward feeling in FIFA that most of us crave in PES... I now feel rewarded.. not only when I get a goal.. but when I do some great things all over the pitch. I hit a cracker from about 25 yards out going upper corner after beating a defender and then the keeper made the best save I have seen in a footie video game ever. It was just like the Friedle save today agaisnt Essien but BETTEr.. I actually jumped off my couch sprained ankle in all with ice on it from a match the other night screaming in amazement! I must of watched the Replay 20 times.. I even tried to record it with a video camera but I don't know how to do that chit. Even though it wasn't a goal.. it was probably the coolest moment I have had with this game yet and something I have never saw in a footie game ever! in PES.. it was a goal for sure and would of won goal of the month... :)

I really wish I could of uploaded it... :(

the biggest negative about the game for me is the keepers are crap on crosses.. I hope this is tuned better in the final build. this game isn't perfect but I will be very pleased I'm sure with the final game and play it for a long time.

Last edited:

I've finally managed to score with the shooting on manual! Three goals in a row (Barcelona 3 - United 0). :eek:

I love this game.

Here's the tricks from This Video

I used clock notation assuming you're in the arena facing the keeper.

If it says 12<6 you roll the right stick from 12oclock to 6oclock clockwise
If it says 12>6 you roll the right stick from 12oclock to 6oclock counterclockwise

<=clockwise
>=counterclockwise
f=fast rotation
crs=click the right stick
ft=first touch, no holding lt

-12<3>10, 9<12, (6)<3<2<f9, rainbow

-crs, full circle clockwise (ball bouncing)

-12>10, 7,7 9>6, 9,9,3

-12>10<3, 3>f9 10,4 ft4

-hold lb, lb,lb, full circle cc, crs, full circle cw

-12>10<2>10 (release lt) hold lt 6>f3 rainbow

*you can only do a spin right after stepovers if you release the trigger then press it again during the stepovers

-crs, 3<f3, hold rb soon as spin starts, 3<f3 6<8>4

*this one is hard to get the timing for double and triple around the worlds. after u do the crs move u have to wait until the ball bounces back up and do the 3<f3 and as soon as that animation starts you have to hold rb and do another 3<f3 very quickly i know you can do up to 3 haven't tried 4.

-running 6,6, (to ball)12<3hold>12

-12<2>10, 2>12, release left trigger, hold LS left, cross?

*as he's doing the 2>12 you have to release the trigger and he does this exit move

I haven't done a rabona yet, i'm thinking its just luck when running sideways and hitting the cross button. have to keep trying.

Sorry if its confusing I couldn't think of better notation.

I like you, a lot :mrgreen:
Thanks Jake

Back
Top Bottom