FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Indeed that was cracker :shock:

Just seen some faces video on youtube for anyone interested. :)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=afFrwkNHKIs

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=U0yjZSq6ALE&mode=user&search=

Thanks for the faces m8

This is just amazing but what tricks can you do in the pc demo?

And placebo and ajaxforever what do you do when you have downloaded the usenet demo(how do you play it).

Ive improved my game quite a bit the last few matches. it isnt skill based, but formation based. Ive always used the same formation for pes and i set barca up the same way. Now im scoring once every game, and playing a lot better and more fluid :D I dont need to look where my players are now, i just know. Works a treat!

**** JUST HOW GOOD IS THIS GAME ****

Does anyone know if there will be full cup integration within a league season. Like qualifying for Europe, FA and League cups for example.

was also wondering how long people will set the half's to in the full game? Mine will be set to 15 or 20 minutes per half.

Cheers

Nomis1.

Ok, my hands and fingers are completely swelled up from playing the demo.

Again, one of the thing that is really making it very difficult for me aside from the shooting and sometimes heading, is the slugish responsiveness of the players on turns with the ball. It almost ruins all the fun for me. The physics just don't feel right with players sometimes. The players need to be more tight and easy to control. I've lost too many balls due to the animation taking too long to finish.

The shooting is near impossible to master since the arena shooting seems easier than the in-game.

I'm pretty much done with the demo. I don't want it to ruin my expectations for the final copy. I just hope this issues are fixed.

Peace!

Last edited:

**** JUST HOW GOOD IS THIS GAME ****

Does anyone know if there will be full cup integration within a league season. Like qualifying for Europe, FA and League cups for example.

was also wondering how long people will set the half's to in the full game? Mine will be set to 15 or 20 minutes per half.

Oh yes, I'm assuming you'll choose Everton so in your first season you'll be competing for Premiership, League and FA Cups, assuming you finish in the top 6 or whatever then the following season you'll also be in the UEFA cup, or Champions League if you do really well (although the European competitions aren't licensed because of course EA make a filler game with that competition).

I'll probably play 10 mins per half, gonna seem really long at first after the short demo :)

We should be in the uefa cup this year as well, will it take on last years finishing positions?

Oh yes, I'm assuming you'll choose Everton so in your first season you'll be competing for Premiership, League and FA Cups, assuming you finish in the top 6 or whatever then the following season you'll also be in the UEFA cup, or Champions League if you do really well (although the European competitions aren't licensed because of course EA make a filler game with that competition).

I'll probably play 10 mins per half, gonna seem really long at first after the short demo :)

Sue flippin perb. Cheers mate. I really cant wait!\\:o/

I keep playing it and still can't score.

I'm having fun in "other" ways though. the game has this ense that when you DO get a shot a goal it's special and very tense and If i was ever to score I would probably jump for joy myself.

I'm saying one thing though. As much as many of you might like the diffculty IF the rookie setting isn't more lient i can not see myself buying it...:(

It's too frustrating for its own good

the slugish responsiveness of the players on turns with the ball. It almost ruins all the fun for me. The physics just don't feel right with players sometimes. The players need to be more tight and easy to control. I've lost too many balls due to the animation taking too long to finish.

Oh dear, this has always been a big bug bear of mine with all Fifa's the fact your player takes an age to do what you ask or you have to wait for set animations to end... Was soooo looking forward to getting this but the cracks are beginning to show from some..

This game is a MARKED improvement over the last two efforts. much more freedom, ok the responsiveness at times isnt great but it plays a damn fine game.

Things ive noticed:

-Goalies are better and more realistic
-The cpu ai is much improved, nicer passing, better crossing, nice variation in attacking including long shots, one twos and through balls
-Love the shooting system, feels really good when you tweak the settings between manual, assist and semi
-Hard to dribble but looks lovely when it comes off - i had a lovely mazy run with Ibrahimovic into the box, where a defender sold himself, he jumped over him, it it at goal and the player kicked it off the line.
- Finally proper headers and crosses
-Pitch looks miles better
-running is miles better

cant wait for the full game.

This game is a MARKED improvement over the last two efforts. much more freedom, ok the responsiveness at times isnt great but it plays a damn fine game.

Things ive noticed:

-Goalies are better and more realistic
-The cpu ai is much improved, nicer passing, better crossing, nice variation in attacking including long shots, one twos and through balls
-Love the shooting system, feels really good when you tweak the settings between manual, assist and semi
-Hard to dribble but looks lovely when it comes off - i had a lovely mazy run with Ibrahimovic into the box, where a defender sold himself, he jumped over him, it it at goal and the player kicked it off the line.
- Finally proper headers and crosses
-Pitch looks miles better
-running is miles better

cant wait for the full game.

Cant argue with that

Right, I poped to ths shops and bought myself a premium 360, with Bioshock and an Xbox Live membership card, and I'm currently downloading the demo after a laborous sign up process.

Can't wait. Even though I have to play on my shit tele due to only having a hub upstairs.

I thought the thing was meant to ship with an inbuilt wireless adapter?

Again, one of the thing that is really making it very difficult for me aside from the shooting and sometimes heading, is the slugish responsiveness of the players on turns with the ball. It almost ruins all the fun for me. The physics just don't feel right with players sometimes. The players need to be more tight and easy to control. I've lost too many balls due to the animation taking too long to finish.

Try using "slow dribble" when you want to dribble and make turns to beat a defender, then slam down the speed, it's not realistic that a player can run full speed and make instant changes of direction ;)

In my viewpoint a good deal of the scoring issue (or non-scoring) may simply be the consequence of the time limitation of the demo - not only is there simply not enough time to really rack up goals but I think people may be altering their playing styles to try to compensate and as a result are simply trying to hoof it up instead of taking your time to keep possession and work build-up (I know I find myself constantly watching that dam clock speeding away and my tactical approach along with it). As well, players don't have enough time to tire and become more susceptible to errors or breaking down.
In addition, the fact that other than the Red Bulls (who actually seem to play better than they should), there are no real minnows amongst the demo teams doesn't help either - having some weak opposition once in awhile to work against and build skills, approach, tactics and confidence wouldn't hurt.

In my viewpoint a good deal of the scoring issue (or non-scoring) may simply be the consequence of the time limitation of the demo - not only is there simply not enough time to really rack up goals but I think people may be altering their playing styles to try to compensate and as a result are simply trying to hoof it up instead of taking your time to keep possession and work build-up (I know I find myself constantly watching that dam clock speeding away and my tactical approach along with it). As well, players don't have enough time to tire and become more susceptible to errors or breaking down.
In addition, the fact that other than the Red Bulls (who actually seem to play better than they should), there are no real minnows amongst the demo teams doesn't help either - having some weak opposition once in awhile to work against and build skills, approach, tactics and confidence wouldn't hurt.

its defo the time, for sure.

We naturally start to panic and rush, and we end up playing too direct.

LOL me too, downloaded the exact same 3 versions and in each one there's no name on Ronnie's shirt, if I remember correctly someone said the version on usenet has Ronnie's name on his shirt, so I think I'll try that next ;)

Yeah, that was me.I use the usernet version and the name is on his back!!!

Back
Top Bottom