FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Finally got to play this today before work (made me half-an-hour late!).

Why oh why couldn't the demo have included the ability to swap the buttons around 'cause I can't play it on the "old" FIFA config!!!!

I'd read people saying it was tough to score but in my first game I scored after 6 minutes; cross from Giggs, chest and volley by Rooney.

So I'm thinking I'm great....3 games later and erm......no more goals scored (but none conceeded).

All in all, really pleased, couldn't see any negatives except perhaps the ref is a tad too easy going as I was trying deliberate fouls and not getting any cards.

Isn't it wierd playing with no commentary though!?
How did you score after 6mins when the demo only plays for 4mins? 2min extra time you saying?

dinae worry dr force its not just you im struggling to score too but im stil enjoying it. IT is an immense feeling building up a great attack with everything manual. Only to boot the ball through somebodys window outside the stadium because ive got shite shooting aim on manual lol

Once we get full games im confident ill get into a better flow.

i am with you serg.the full game will make a big difference, but it is certainly far more rewarding than any footy game I have played before.You have to work so hard, concentrating just to put good moves together.I feel the balance is right its just a very steep learning curve.

This is also one of the reasons I dont think I can get two footy games at once because you actually become crap at both as you cannot commit the time (unless your a student,have no wife,no kids or have no Job)

I love it and i know its gonna take alot of dedication.

I can't seem to pull off the tricks properly during matches, cause it either slows it down so much that I get tackled straight away, or the reaction to getting going again after the trick is so slow that defenders have caught up straight away anyways.

Timing is of the essence in this game it seems.

I can't figure that out either. I think some players do it one way and other players the other way. Not sure. Oh well, as long as it works... :)

no there are 2 different types of rainbows in the game Ronaldinho do both

I'm uploading that move in another angle :D

Seraphs21 - Try it out in the arena, I just did and it makes it fairly obvious it's not 8 directions.

The second part of my post (and the video) wasn't ment to prove anything. I was just expressing my joy over how rewarding I think the passing and shooting in the game is :)

no there are 2 different types of rainbows in the game Ronaldinho do both

I'm uploading that move in another angle :D

The one I know how to do is the one in your previous video. I thought I did the same move with Ronaldo but it was different, didn't have a 2nd touch with the heel to bring it foward to his feet.

I can't seem to pull off the tricks properly during matches, cause it either slows it down so much that I get tackled straight away, or the reaction to getting going again after the trick is so slow that defenders have caught up straight away anyways.

Timing is of the essence in this game it seems.

I am glad the tricks are hard to pull off, its far more realistic to have maybe two or three occasions in a game where it happens well with the right player.

This is just pure speculation but perhaps due to the fatigue system most goals are scored in the second half, as it is the case in real matches.

@ PESV, thats what im thinking. Although i have to say i can tell the difference between redbull and the rest, i.e. i can score about 1 goal every 2 halfs vs redbull and hardly score at all against the rest. Which i think is pretty good actually, not my scoring streak [of piss] but the difficulty. We are playing the top top teams and it should be f-ing hard to score against these guys, especially in the first half. I hardly concede either, so i think it has a really good balance atm. Also it is only a 4min half, i know ive always played 10min matches on pes, and considering the game speed i think it will be 6/8min halfs for fifa this year. Looking at how im playing, the chances im creating and the teams im playing i think i could probably create 1 or 2 good chances each half with those half times instead of the 4min now. Which is how it should be against these teams. You should be able to punish them for a chance. That was one of my main problems with 07, i could create about 10 1-on-1's in that game per match but with the super goalies and crappy shooting i could barely score one. Thats what made pes so good and satisfying, you get 1 or 2 chances per half/game and you really need to take them. Its looking like fifa has got this spot on :D.

I'm loving the demo. The only thing I cannot come to grips with is the shooting. I firmly beleive that the bad camera angle is contributing to my bad shooting. In PES I usually play on Angle 9, which makes shooting easier in that I am able to see where I can put my shots due to the angle. I am missing this angle in this demo, hope the final version includes angle switching.

The game has a lot of depth though..I am finding out new things everytime I play that had no idea were there. Like the quick give and go just outside the box. It looks so realistic. I scored an amazing goal with Henry when I ran to the top of the box, gave the ball to Eto on a one-two, and he returned a beauty of a pass right into the box for Henry to clinically finish to the bottom corner of the net.

In this game, you need creativity guys. This game gives you the freedom to be very creative and play any style.

Out to play some more..

When Placebo stated that different players 'feel' different, i didnt believe him. Although i respect Plaebos great work on here and i loved reading his review, but i have to admit - i thought he got caught up in the moment and was maybe over excited. Well i hold my hands up mate, cause you were right. Ronaldinho is really classy on the ball, Toure seems really strong, messi is an ooiyning little bastard clicking round people heels etc etc. players with different stats do feel a lot different which is great becuase for me it was something lacked in the previous games.

So sorry placebo for doubting you!

Not a problem at all, I'm just enjoying reading the comments from people on here who're enjoying the game as much as I did at GCA and am enjoying now with the demo :)

I don't think anyone will argue with you Seraphs, player likenesses are poor. Tevez is the proof of that, apparently that's not a generic face and it's supposed to be his actual face. Which is disgusting to be honest, he looks like someone from the crowd.

Obviously some are well dodgy, but as that pic posted by someone here recently of Rooney, Ronaldo, Giggs some of them are really spot on, even if you're only a real shallow football fan you can't fail to recognise these three:

thisone.jpg

Cronaldo even has his little petulant pout thing going ;)

I just downloaded the US demo to see if Ronnie finally has his name on his shirt in the arena, will check shortly :) I must confess I've put short passing on automatic, need some help until I'm better at the game, although I anticipate lowering the skill to amateur when I first get the full game, I just can't imagine how tough legendary is going to be!

@ PESV, thats what im thinking. Although i have to say i can tell the difference between redbull and the rest, i.e. i can score about 1 goal every 2 halfs vs redbull and hardly score at all against the rest. Which i think is pretty good actually, not my scoring streak [of piss] but the difficulty. We are playing the top top teams and it should be f-ing hard to score against these guys, especially in the first half. I hardly concede either, so i think it has a really good balance atm. Also it is only a 4min half, i know ive always played 10min matches on pes, and considering the game speed i think it will be 6/8min halfs for fifa this year. Looking at how im playing, the chances im creating and the teams im playing i think i could probably create 1 or 2 good chances each half with those half times instead of the 4min now. Which is how it should be against these teams. You should be able to punish them for a chance. That was one of my main problems with 07, i could create about 10 1-on-1's in that game per match but with the super goalies and crappy shooting i could barely score one. Thats what made pes so good and satisfying, you get 1 or 2 chances per half/game and you really need to take them. Its looking like fifa has got this spot on :D.

My sentiments exactly tiktik.

Its a patient well balanced game that is going to require 15 odd minute matches to carve out 5 good opportunities.The pace and balnce is perfect for me.I am getting familiar with the response issues and therefore I feel the flow of the game more now.Its a complex sim, you can tell by some of the wondeful positions and runs the AI makes.

I played a beautiful through ball down the line to Ronaldo about 6 yards infront of him and 40 yards out from goal.Next thin i know the keeper has charged out, controlled it and then realising he had no time, smacked it miles out for a throw in.That is realism to me and just gives an example of how clever it can be.

There are some weird decisions made sometimes, but they seem far,far fewer than the intelligent ones.

Not a problem at all, I'm just enjoying reading the comments from people on here who're enjoying the game as much as I did at GCA and am enjoying now with the demo :)

Obviously some are well dodgy, but as that pic posted by someone here recently of Rooney, Ronaldo, Giggs some of them are really spot on, even if you're only a real shallow football fan you can't fail to recognise these three:

thisone.jpg

Cronaldo even has his little petulant pout thing going ;)

I just downloaded the US demo to see if Ronnie finally has his name on his shirt in the arena, will check shortly :) I must confess I've put short passing on automatic, need some help until I'm better at the game, although I anticipate lowering the skill to amateur when I first get the full game, I just can't imagine how tough legendary is going to be!
I want to see more of these screens, I can't play the demo...:(

I just want to see how Nani and Ibrahimovic looks.

So what do you guys think are the main differences between the PS3 demo & 360 demo?

I think they are pretty similar however EA must give the option for PES controls like in Fifa 07 especially the use of d-pad & R1 as sprint.

I personally will enjoy it more.

So what do you guys think are the main differences between the PS3 demo & 360 demo?

I think they are pretty similar however EA must give the option for PES controls like in Fifa 07 especially the use of d-pad & R1 as sprint.

I personally will enjoy it more.

The stadium. The controller. :)

I'd like dpad and R1 sprint as well, especially on PS3. My brain can't conceive R2 being the sprint button. It's like being right handed and all of a sudden somebody decides you shall be left handed from now on... :D

The stadium. The controller. :)

I'd like dpad and R1 sprint as well, especially on PS3. My brain can't conceive R2 being the sprint button. It's like being right handed and all of a sudden somebody decides you shall be left handed from now on... :D

Ye the obvious diffrences. Fell for that.

R2 as sprint does not work i feel. Needs the option. EA have no excuses really

Back
Top Bottom