FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

fintanovadf9.jpg

I cant bloody scored lmao

being a person who always plays PES and loves it like made its quite hard to score, but then that gets me thinking "is PES to easy?"

the more I play this game the more I like it.

im all good in the arena with ronaldinho but in the match, absolutly pants, but when I score im sure ill have the same reaction as JB.

dont know what to do now. cancel my pre order of pes2008 on 360 and get fifa, ooo so confused

ps. great goal btw Tim

Haha, ive been playing non stop since i came back from Bristol, so i think ive just about got used to it :lol:

Santiago what does that move do, doesnt seem to do anything for me, right I am actually gonna play the game now haha! Fully manual here I come!

The move where you turn and let the ball run past you is definately in there, done it a few times now. Im loving how I cant create chances every game. Somegames it clicks and Im on top, others im sitting back getting wacked for the whole half. I think on a 15 min match I wouldnt just cross the ball to nobody in the box when im near the corner flag. I would try to pass it round a bit more and use the wing back, but i feel rushed. Only 13 days to go?

Im uploading the video to Youtube... ;)

Cool cool :D

Right im taking passing of manua, it doesnt work well at all. Ill give you my reasons why, well basically you control your power of the pass and also where you want it, and it says you have to aim exactly where you want it to go, I dont think this is true, the range of accuracy for the pass is very limited, its not 360 degrees, its only 8 directions, the same 8 you can run in, is the same place you manually can pass the ball, I didnt think I was right, but I did loads of passes at the back, and noticed if you slightly tilt the aim to between up and top right, it goes to one or the other, which in turn is not very helpful, especially if you have a player running want to pass to him, but he is not in the 8 way direction it wont go to him, also if you aim, but aim more to oneof the 8 directions it will go that way, in turn meaning loads sometimes go up rather than top right like you wanted anyway.

Think semi is better, that means it will aim for you, but you can do the power, so thats what I reckon, I think same may go for shooting, hence why no one is liking manual shooting much. Through balls dont seem to have the same though, they seem to be assisted in the passing even on manual, and go to the player you want, just more the power is down to you, and manual crossing is alright, although havent tested 360 degrees of passing, only tried switching one side to another.

I will see how it goes :D

Lads

i have played well over 60 halves and have scored around 6 goals:shock:I am finding it difficult to find space and create a chance (maybe 1 a game)i have the assistance on semi and its still fecking hard to create anything.

I think its a really patient thinking mans game,so much passing backwards and forwards to drag the defenders out then switch it to stretch them.

I must admit to loving the game,i think its superbly realistic but i am tad frustrated:ram: Its not that i dont like the challenge its just that i cannot see much improvement in my play from say the first 10 matches.

I would say this game is certainly gonna last a year because I reckon 10 minute matches are a must to acheive any decent scoring games.

i dont like 3-3 draws every 3 games or easy 5-0 wins but i hope I have more than 0-0 draws and 1-0 defeats and wins over 60 games in the full version.

@JB you seem to be having the same problem as me and I think we could well be propping up the EVO league table at this rate mate:shock:

EDIT: sorry if i missed it but has someone posted all the available skill moves using new alternative.

Airjoca, I'm using manual, because I'm desperate to get into it. But I do change every four or five games. It's usually semi-passing (otherwise I'm misplacing 50% of the passes) and manual everything else, but sometimes I will try to get used to manual passing (I will eventually I'm sure, that's my goal at least) and sometimes I try manual shooting.

Thing is though it doesn't really matter because I can't get past the defence to shoot. For all I know I could be a genius with manual shooting. :eh:

Airjoca haha I will comment and that was gooood, especially as it was in a match :D Manual passing is only 8 way, infact so are through balls and lobs, not as much freedom as I was hoping, think I will go for semi for whatever I can, besides shooting, havent really had much of a chance to try it out. Actually forget it I will carry on with full manual for couple more games.

Conceeded another penalty for nothing, I dunno how to save penalties, I dived presumably bottom right, same way as ronaldo shot, and went under me, the 1st one I conceeded, I went top left, and he went top left and went over me :S I dont get it...

Last edited:

Airjoca haha I will comment and that was gooood, especially as it was in a match :D Manual passing is only 8 way, infact so are through balls and lobs, not as much freedom as I was hoping, think I will go for semi for whatever I can, besides shooting, havent really had much of a chance to try it out.

Conceeded another penalty for nothing, I dunno how to save penalties, I dived presumably bottom right, same way as ronaldo shot, and went under me, the 1st one I conceeded, I went top left, and he went top left and went over me :S I dont get it...

Actually I've made some good manual through passes, and they weren't "8 way". 0º, 45º, 90º, etc.

I've also conceeded penaltys for nothing. Could it be down to different criteria from diferent refs?

know how you feel Jack B. not easy at all to score.
Played about 30 sessions and only scored about 4 goals. 2 were headers from crosses ( old PES stylee), 1 was a open goal from rebound off cross bar, the 4th was actually half decent rooney dribble from 30 years out and getting into box with nothing but brute force ( no tricks!) and sloting it to side of keeper. Its frustrating but gives me hope as it really feels like you earn the oppoortunitys to shoot, let alone the goals themselves!
I am finding it hard to keep possession and it is always the CPU dominating the game and me playing coutner attacks or working the ball to the goaline for crosses. I seldom manage to pass my way through the centre at the moment.

CAnt wait to play the full game with all the trimmings of full crowd noise commentary, full matches.

Airjoca haha I will comment and that was gooood, especially as it was in a match :D Manual passing is only 8 way, infact so are through balls and lobs, not as much freedom as I was hoping, think I will go for semi for whatever I can, besides shooting, havent really had much of a chance to try it out.

The manual passing is not 8 directions! The only thing that is 8 directions is running with the ball.

I've been playing with manual everything for the whole time and I'm finally starting to get used to it. I can keep possesion really well and pull off some brilliant passing moves ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoVNcXNDDXU ). still struggling a bit with the shooting at times but I'm getting better and it's so rewarding!

i cant score either in a game, ive always been pes so guess ill just have to get used to it, like -joe- im awesome in the arena yet in the match im terrible.. any tips for those who are banging them in from everywhere?

dinae worry dr force its not just you im struggling to score too but im stil enjoying it. IT is an immense feeling building up a great attack with everything manual. Only to boot the ball through somebodys window outside the stadium because ive got shite shooting aim on manual lol

Once we get full games im confident ill get into a better flow.

I really do think it is 8 directions... Through pass manual might aswell not exist, as the passing manual can either pass straight to the player or as a through pass, I swear through pass manual basically becomes another normal pass button. The reason I think its 8 directions is, because thats the only direction the ball generally moves in, the only time the pass for a run work is if the player is running to a spot where you can place the ball in one of the 8 directions, and I do also think lobs are the same 8 way, well it seems it. I tried passing it top right but slightly more to the right to pass it round the barca player ended up going straight at him, also again from defence I was near edge of box, henry directly right, couple meters behind him, player just behind slightly down, go to pass to him, aim right but more down towards bottom right, but goes straight, and to henry, happened all the time, its fine for generall directions like I said the 8 directions the ball is played fine, try going beyond that range of movement and it wont go where you want.

Even in your video you can see it, the first pass is a diagnal all the rest are straight, from normal view it would of been top right, then right then down, then finally right, there wasnt really a pass that was in between to a player near an opponent, thats what im getting at.

Penalties for saving is awful, I gave away another penlatly thats three now, weirdly again, I dived bottom left, same where Henry shot, didnt even go bottom corner, and keeper didnt save it, how do you save penalties, they are like free kicks for computer, like its a guarenteed goal! :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom