FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

What amazes me the most about that and the fact that the CPU seems to win 80% of the offensive headers is: There is playtesting going on before you release a game. Surely players testing the game should complain about this sort of thing?
Who's testing the game, "soccer" fans? (No disrespect to Americans intended :) )

regarding 'winning' headers

just tap the A button my freind :)

is it just me or does the shooting in the arena before a match feel really good and responsive, yet in a match its the complete opposite, doesnt feel the same at all

Clearly a fifa fanboy.. If u like the demo that much, ur obviously havent played much football in ur life time.. If u think this is realistic then PES is clearly footballing heaven.. Konami will always be the daddy when it comes down to this, but w/e, opinions are opinions and we all have them...

Again, another fsnboy quote by stating "X will always be the daddy" ... are you a psychic? Can you see into the future? No, so stop being blind and unappreciative of a different game than PES. By saying what you said, you're basically saying you don't care what FIFA becomes because you will always say PES is better. Fanboy-ism at its finest right here folks :roll:

is it just me or does the shooting in the arena before a match feel really good and responsive, yet in a match its the complete opposite, doesnt feel the same at all

I think it's primarily because you almost never get the same amount of space and time during a match, in the arena Ronnie isn't under pressure, isn't off balance, isn't being jostled, you as the player aren't thinking "damn, damn the defenders are coming I have to press the shoot button quick" I think it all contributes to why it feels different :)

Great goal Tim7 -

WHat a great complete package this year from EA - Much praise must be given.

Just the fact the you can upload your faveourite goals and watch others' goals will be awesome. A truely great feature.

Im loving the demo - honestly - i could just kick about in the arena for hours on end. What would be cool is a 2 player arena - so you can do tackling and shooting sort of thing. Like on the nba game.

The game has such a class sheen about itself, all the animations etc have such a life-like feel to them. Tricks in game are hard to pull off corectly, and effective when they do come off. Just as it should be.

Keepers are also a huge improvement for me, although a little suspect on crosses, where they turn their backs on the ball for a second, hopefully this will be solved in the final version.

Shooting and crossing is also improved, where again now you have to think about the players direction of travel and balance and timing before hitting a wonder strike. (something that annoys me about pes, bad shots seem to be just random)

Overall, its a great challenge, and you have to work hard for your good move and goals. Which again is how it should be.

Another thing for me is this:

When Placebo stated that different players 'feel' different, i didnt believe him. Although i respect Plaebos great work on here and i loved reading his review, but i have to admit - i thought he got caught up in the moment and was maybe over excited. Well i hold my hands up mate, cause you were right. Ronaldinho is really classy on the ball, Toure seems really strong, messi is an ooiyning little bastard clicking round people heels etc etc. players with different stats do feel a lot different which is great becuase for me it was something lacked in the previous games.

So sorry placebo for doubting you!

The final test for me is how the lower (crapper) sides play. Its ok in the demo where we play as some of the best sides, but for me, how EA make the lower leagues sides worse will be the clincher.

Last edited:

Another thing ive noticed, and it something i didnt think about before regarding the throw-ins, it's nothing much really just an improvement that EA seem to have implemented on their own.

In fifa07, when you take a throw in - the opposition could intercept it easily, as the throw-in animation was a little slow - now in the demo - you want to take a throw in and as soon as you press the pass button, the ball is there- no delay, no chance of just lobbing it to the opposition.

Which is nice.

Its all the little things I keep noticing which make this game special.

I love how you can weight long balls to perfection.

This will be very usefull if I get Bolton in the league :lol:

I scored a great goal with Cisse last night he just dinked it across the keeper across the ground, it looked just so real.

wat settings do you guys use for shooting? assisted semi or manual

Manual. It's very hard, but I feel once I've gotten used to it, it'll be a lot more satifying when I score, and I'll have a better range of shots than using semi and the CPU having a say in whether the shot misses, saved or goes in.

Ive got the shooting on semi. Havent dared go to manual yet :lol:. I find it really good of fifa that they have given these choices, you can actually get quite close to pes imo. Offcourse the responsetime is less and the overall speed is slower, but control wise the passing/shooting can be very close. I really like the longball, have it on manual, you can really weight it correctly and be confident in the power you use will actually result in the distance the ball goes. In pes, especially diagonal longballs, i always felt that it was scripted and never in real control. You would always just know that the pass wouldnt be so much to do with which direction and power you would put in, but more where your striker/their defender would be that would force the direction/distance. Ive already been able to do long beckham esque crossfield passes when ive seen a player free on the wing, and have had time and space to power it up. The analog also helps with this as the direction you can get is very accurate. Really opens it up and lets you play a longball game if you want.

Ive even tried a couple of longballs from deep midfield/defense up the the strikers, havent managed to create a chance yet, but its been pretty close to my striker getting on the end of them. Ive also been able to play crouch/heskey esque balls, where i would punt it forward and the striker would head it to the other striker/attacking midfielder. Done it a few times with etoo, can only imagine how succesfull it could work with heskey/crouch. Looks, so far, that you could really play a longball game with the right players, as stats and player strenght play a really big role now. Which can only make the tactical game better, playing chelsea with terry and carvalho, play wingers and short passing game. Playing arsenal? Pump it forward :D

EDIT

Good job moderators, its nice to have a separate footiegame section. Cleans the place up :D

Last edited:

wow, this game is AWFUL for PS3...I cant find ONE good thing about it...the passing is slow, shooting is TERRIBLE...Dribbling seems so really off...There is no fluidity at all...

as for the looks...STUNNED by how shite the players look...the faces are just OFF...really terrible....

how can u people play this crap? lol

I've still got it on manual for shooting and ive managed 3 goals. A header from a corner, a great counter attack with tevez and an henry penalty.

Hit a few belters from centre mid with carrick an toure but they have just brushed wide. I love it when you hit a shot full power and it clips the top of the net, it makes a lovely, whistling noise as it hits the net on its way past. It makes you know how close your shot was :D

uhhh how do u guys enjoy playing this crap?

wow, this game is AWFUL for PS3...I cant find ONE good thing about it...the passing is slow, shooting is TERRIBLE...Dribbling seems so really off...There is no fluidity at all...

as for the looks...STUNNED by how shite the players look...the faces are just OFF...really terrible....

how can u people play this crap? lol

offence man offence

what do yanks know about football anyway

offence man offence

what do yanks know about football anyway

HAHAH

oh yeah, the defense is fantastic hahah

FIFA is total SHITE..after all the hype about how, oh 08 has finally caught up to PES...BAHHH gimme a break...

btw you limey...ive been following european football for 10 years...ive been to england 5 times and attended matches at the mecca of all football, ANFIELD

West Ham LMFAO!!

Just leave it, hopefully he will be banned within a day. If he's not then I will be going ape in the WE thread tomorrow.

What about FIFAGGOT do you enjoy so much Kevano?

The physics? the passing?

or is it the fifa street style dribbles? lolol

PES>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FIFAGGOT

why the hell would I get banned? ive just sat at home playing the demo for the last few hours mate...oh, im not allowed to express my opinion? lol

i wanted to give it a chance, i really did...but the game is PURE SHITE

Nobody rise to him, PLEASE, put him on your ignore list, and he'll be banned within 24 hours. If you start rising to him we'll all be incriminated. Just leave him to drown in his own shit.

haha Jack Bauer...what's ur beef mate?

please tell me what about FIFA demo u enjoy? I REALLY want to know

I got everything on manual now, see how it goes. Also how many slide animations are there? Seems like there are 2. I dont like the most common one, like slide like 30 cm, and never reach the ball, Ive only found it to be affective, if a player runs into you, one on one.

I still dont feel the player likeliness, is it just me or does viera look like a tank, he isnt big outwards, he is tall, kinda big, but hes legs and arms arent big.

I don't think anyone will argue with you Seraphs, player likenesses are poor. Tevez is the proof of that, apparently that's not a generic face and it's supposed to be his actual face. Which is disgusting to be honest, he looks like someone from the crowd.

There are a few sliding tackles, I know the hook tackle is in there because ive done it once or twice.

Just beat Barca 4-0 with Scum, im getting better, scored a right volley from the edge of the box with Nani, it fooking flew into the top corner....

28th cant come quick enough.

HAHAH

oh yeah, the defense is fantastic hahah

FIFA is total SHITE..after all the hype about how, oh 08 has finally caught up to PES...BAHHH gimme a break...

btw you limey...ive been following european football for 10 years...ive been to england 5 times and attended matches at the mecca of all football, ANFIELD

West Ham LMFAO!!

yeah the same west ham who bobby moore played for, same west ham who brought through rio ferdinand, joe cole, jermaine defoe, michael carrick,frank lampard

so you followed football for 10 years, good for you...shouldv'e picked a club abit closer to home...nobody likes an armchair supporter

edit: ahh tim i tried but couldn't resist, i blame my old man he's got a short fuse

Back
Top Bottom