FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

this analogue business is killing me. i just dont understand why im being forced to play with a dpad. i wanna give fifa its chance but this is not helping at all

Wow Tim7.

I just played 7 halves and I couldn't score once. I managed to shoot a lot but most often on the keepers and a lot of bars. Manual passes are hard for me but I want to progress so I'll keep practising.

I like the demo, I think everything looks great but I have difficulties with the gameplay. It looks a bit jerky so I need time to learn the mechanics. I'll buy the game and regret that I can't play online...

yeah nice goal tim, are you playing ps3 or 360? cos the pitch looks different to the version i'm playing on 360

So you'd rather the game gave you less choice. You'd rather be forced to play one way, even if you don't like that way.

If PES was fully manual you'd be saying it's crap like FIFA (because it would be the first time they've done it and the first time it's always crap, trust me). If they gave you a choice, you could play it the old way, while they modified and improved the new way.

Asking for less choice is just... Weird, sorry. "No I don't want 200 teams, just give me 10, so you can concentrate on them more. And make me play the way you think is best, even if I can't get used to it and I hate the game for it. Thanks."

Mate, on FIFA, you can't select the D-PAD as the movement method. So my 60-year-old dad is heartbroken, really upset, that he can't play it. Less choice is NOT the way to go for a football game, ever. Sorry.

You are comparing two different things Jack.

One is the control. If you have it on the PS3 control, why don't use it?

Setting like those should be unique.

I've got a few questions about the game:

1) Does anyone have a link to the skills 'sheet' that was on here a few days ago? it must be loads of pages back by now.

2) Is there a way to let the ball roll across your players body without touching it like on pro evo?

3) Again like in Pro Evo, can you cancel your player from running along the 'tracks' once a through ball is played?

Thanks

question 1) get your asss looking through the thread for the sheet

2) Ive done it with rooney, dunno how i did it though

3) Yeah you can.

Try reading the last 20 pages you woulda found most of that out :lol:

question 1) get your asss looking through the thread for the sheet

2) Ive done it with rooney, dunno how i did it though

3) Yeah you can.

Try reading the last 20 pages you woulda found most of that out :lol:

3 No, I can't. If you know how explain it to me, because I can't supercancel like in PES.

Skills List I found - Classic Alternative Control Settings all arrow cntrols with analog stick

Rainbow Flick | LB - Down, up up

Flick I dont know | LB - Up up down down

Zico Trick Aka Van perise vs Inter | LB - Down Down (have to be standing)

Keep Ups - LB Tap RB you have to keep tapping rb more moves can be learn mid air elastico and some other flicks with left analog stick and right...

Ronaldo Chop | LB - Down Down when running at speed

Variation of Rainbow Flick have to be standing - LB UP UP (flick it up with heel)

Hocus Pocus | LB - Rotate analog 180 degrees from east to west then west to east

Malouda trick | LB - UP DOWN

Last edited by a moderator:

Another suggestion for EA:

Being able to choose between two ways to use right stick

1 Press L2 and Right stick for skills, Right stick alone for the knocking the ball ahead

2 The other way around, L2 + RS for knock ahead, Right stick alone for tricks.

Got some new videos for you, I have scored quite a lot of goals, but I chose two, that I recorded, the Bayern counter attack, is one of the best goals I have seen on the game, but sadly the quality of them is not brilliant, but please check it out, it is one of the best counters and passing ive done on the game :D Also there is a dodgy cross shot that nearly goes in and then comp puts wide from 2 yards, and another nice goal, from good play. :D

Sorry about the audio, its either me or someone else mucking about haha!

Cross Shot that nearly goes in, due to keeper poor positioning :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9_2lLcCC2c

Inter vs Barca, nive goal Ibra!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEB32C6g0L8

Best goal, check this out :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyHiIMcE2JU

About time I done that haha! Last one too ages to update!

Don't know guys..I really can't feel any difference in players such as Henry and Messi.

Also, the sluggishness and slow response is really annoying. I really hope they tweak this.

I am enjoying the demo and do get a lot of satisfaction when I score though.

As requested by HOMERSIMPSON:

Ribery:

Ronaldinho:

Henry:

Messi:

Ronaldo:

Nani:

Bonus, Ronaldo dance skills:

Edit: after watching these photos closely, some players skin color don't match the face color at all. Look at Henry, his arms look like they're frozen. And his body proportions are also weird in this photo.

Last edited:

After watching all these videos, I've gone from desperately wanting a 360 to anticipating PES2008. Doesn't really look as good as the pre-demo/day of demo release hype made it out to be. I actually glad really because now I'm not so pissed about missing out.

Youtube won't let me upload any videos for some reason, I'll try again tomorrow. :|

I can't really find too much to fault with FIFA 08, I can't wait to try the full version now where I will have more time actually playing the game and not restarting/selecting teams every 4 minutes. Also, the chance to play with the mighty Sunderland will be nice

After playing the demo many hours...

Three annoyances:
  1. When kicking a penalty: There's a stutter when the ball crosses the line. Is this happening just on my machine? It's very annoying.
  2. Drag-back: It's the only animation I don't like. Looks weird. Ball doesn't seem to "roll" backwards. It's also to quick maybe? The rest of the animations look great to me.
  3. People that just want this game to "FAIL" and keep coming to this thread to ruin it, at least for me. Some of you may be very young indeed or just fucking blind. Don't you guys realize that all this is only going to put pressure on Konami? The fact that EA came up with something excellent this time around can only be good for us. I'm sure PES will be back to be the best soccer game on a gaming console, but unfortunately we'll have to wait until next year.
In my opinion, today, FIFA08 is the soccer game and it will rule for a year.

I am neither young nor blind yet don't think the demo is excellent at all.
I think PES2008 will be better.

in my opinion.

Negative comments are down to:

1. PS3 owners and the PS3 demo really is a poor build compared to the 360 build which just runs lovely and smooth.
2. People who cannot accept that a certain game by Konami is no longer the daddy.

But if you look at this thread, 95% of comments are positive, of the 5% negative most seem to be PS3 owners and a couple are just people from certain other threads who apparently want to do some trolling (despite the fact they bitch and moan when anyone posts anything negative in the threads of their beloved game by a Japanese developer).

My name is Paul Statham, I have an Xbox360 and am a Fifa08'aholic :)

Clearly a fifa fanboy.. If u like the demo that much, ur obviously havent played much football in ur life time.. If u think this is realistic then PES is clearly footballing heaven.. Konami will always be the daddy when it comes down to this, but w/e, opinions are opinions and we all have them...

Clearly a fifa fanboy.. If u like the demo that much, ur obviously havent played much football in ur life time.. If u think this is realistic then PES is clearly footballing heaven.. Konami will always be the daddy when it comes down to this, but w/e, opinions are opinions and we all have them...

and what about you? clearly pesfan boy :applause:

setting it to manual makes the game a lot faster which is what i think a lot of PES players will prefer. The shot fakes are brilliant!

Back
Top Bottom