FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

its certified guys if you have any complaints about the demo post them to me or quote this post as i am sending feedback to assitant producer of the game now and any complaints would be appreciated for the next gen version of the game they could sort them out for 09 etc or even 08 with patches!

it doesn't work

---------

Did you try this drible?

fintapl8.jpg

Last edited:

- Defenders from poor teams shouldn't play like they're defenders from Manchester United.

- The CPU shouldn't score nearly every single free kick.

- It's very hard to head the ball away when you're defending a cross.

- The responsiveness needs to be better, it takes too much time to turn sometimes and it results too often in giving away possession.

- We need to be able to adjust button assignments.

- We need to be able to adjust camera zoom.

Also very important: camera angle. Just like in PES, the camera angle should change during play.

its certified guys if you have any complaints about the demo post them to me or quote this post as i am sending feedback to assitant producer of the game now and any complaints would be appreciated for the next gen version of the game they could sort them out for 09 etc or even 08 with patches!

> Copy PES's Strategy, Positioning and Formation options.

> Defensive headers. (might be me)

> Radar dots should be simpler and more readable.

> Faster response. I hate pressing cross and my player still takes 3,4 or 5 steps before actually crossing. Better and quicker response in general.

> Nets.

> Gk's not coming out for crosses, or sometimes not jumping to catch the ball and it flies 3 feet over their head.

> Let me scoooooooore!!!!!! :)

Edit:

> Let me choose the button layout. Don't force me to play the way EA wants.

EDit2: Jack mentioned it.

Edit3: Make supercancel work like in PES, as in, getting a player out of the rail to intercept a pass earlier.

Last edited:

jflores, yes i am on manual for shooting. Cant seem to hit the target for love nor money. I will master it though, I swear to god.

man i struggled with manual too...it made me evan remember alot of the fifa07 shooting system(hated it)

now i have it at SEMI and its much better...i still miss quite many shoots and you still have a lot of freedom when aiming....it feels a lot more like good old WE times.(not recent PES, which i was so frustating when shooting)

give it a try and tell me what u think

- players shouldn't always be running forward when recieving a through ball, as the interception rate is about 99%

- the ability to use the d-pad needs to be added, for those who just don't want to change...;)

- the player switching still needs to be tweaked so that it selects the player nearest the ball, instead of carrying on for a bit with someone who's just lost it or similar.

i see people go over and over about how good poor defenders play, still i dont see it when i play..i can easily get past team america defenders with guys like rooney and zlatan...evan with toni i am managin to pass easily by them...
in fact i think that its quite too easy to past those poor defenders,more than in real life.. i am sure rooney would make a lot of good plays if he played against the red bull team..but still he wouldnt be able to run past them almost every single time.

seems realistic to so far..as when i play against baryern or inter i cant really creat those kind of plays.. no way i can pass easily by lucio with rooney, just like IRL.

Oh my God, what fucking version have I downloaded?! I swear on my life it's there!!

I deleted the Singapore demo and cleared the HDD cache (twice) before downloading it, doubt that will make any difference, but HE DEFINITELY has his name on his shirt in the arena here.

That does it, I'm taking a photo.

LOL, well i defintely dont have ronnie name on shirt on my UK version???
I defintely deleted my Sing demo first and then dl the UK one!?

Yes, played a few more matches and can catergorically say that the UK demo is better than the Sing demo. It is definitely a different build anyway, as you can see extra things - cards. injury time ( had just had +3 mins) on last match etc, so quite likely there are some gameplay tweaks. The ball seems to be less floaty than sing version??? (is that me?)

I have got to say I am impressed. very impressed. Its not PES, but thats not a bad thing. I think Fifa coud well be getting some decent play time this year. PeS2008 needs to be very good to better this. Fifa08 even on this limited demo defintely also wins the "atmosphere of footy match" - sights and sounds at this stage. From what we seen from PEs demo it is more of the same KOnami. The Fifa08 gameplay is pretty smooth and intutive once you get over that you are not playing PES. Much muhc better than all recent Fifas.!

I never thought I would live to say it but Fifa just might be better than PES this year. Roll on 26 Oct to find out!!! (Jeex dont tell the guys in the Winning Eleven thread I said that!!! hihi!).
what a year for us- possible 2 gereat footy games!!

Last edited:

I like how the complaints are always the same and there's not too many. They've done such a good job, even my PES fanboy (and when I say fanboy, I mean FANBOY, "FIFAs for girls, FIFAs for gays") has played it, in silence, and said "...and Tranmere are in this as well? Hmmmmmmmmm!"

Just uploading photos of Ronnie's shirt name in arena for the non-believers. I want to know why I have a different version from the rest of you.

Just uploading photos of Ronnie's shirt name in arena for the non-believers. I want to know why I have a different version from the rest of you.

Maybe EA are an evil organization, they control everything in the world, therefore they are aware that you have stood up for their games many times, and through their Xbox Live database they know your tag(s), and have awarded you with the only single special edition demo in the entire world? ;)

Right, here you are! This is how Ronaldinho appears, WITH HIS SHIRT NAME, in my FIFA 08 demo (NOT Singapore version, which didn't have it, EUROPEAN VERSION). Two zoomed out, two zoomed in (for the people who think it's related to zoom - zoom in-game I mean, not zoom on the camera). They're massive big pictures (1800x1200, 1mb each) taken with a digital camera, so I'll just link to them.

ZOOMED OUT #1
ZOOMED OUT #2
ZOOMED IN #1
ZOOMED IN #2

Explain THAT!

Last edited:

Jack we know your just gonna photoshop it :lol:

Only messing :) Gonna try semi for shooting now!

Oh also, not many people have mentioned the slide tackle. I havent really been able to judge it because its very rarely you will need it, but my gosh, its fantastic. I had to do 3 last ditch tackles...everyone with MARCO MATERAZZI! They were awesome, he took all of the ball, got straight up and hoofed the fucker! LOVE IT

Right, here you are! This is how Ronaldinho appears, WITH HIS SHIRT NAME, in my FIFA 08 demo (NOT Singapore version, which didn't have it, EUROPEAN VERSION). Two zoomed out, two zoomed in (for the people who think it's related to zoom - zoom in-game I mean, not zoom on the camera). They're massive big pictures (1800x1200, 1mb each) taken with a digital camera, so I'll just link to them.

ZOOMED OUT #1
ZOOMED OUT #2
ZOOMED IN #1
ZOOMED IN #2

Explain THAT!

I KNOW U WORKED FOR EA!!:lmao: :lmao:

cmom just tell us u have the full game there and u are already playing with tranmere.. i bet u hav already scored with ZOLA!

ok thanks for complaints copied all the ones moaned about so far :)

I KNOW U WORKED FOR EA!!:lmao: :lmao:

cmom just tell us u have the full game there and u are already playing with tranmere.. i bet u hav already scored with ZOLA!
HAHA, mate, if I had the full game, when Jay Buchanan was asking for faults to report to EA I would have had a twenty-strong list. "Tranmere are at least one and a half stars, Zola isn't white, he's black, Tranmere CAN actually score goals in real life, they're second in the league you know..."

HAHA, mate, if I had the full game, when Jay Buchanan was asking for faults to report to EA I would have had a twenty-strong list. "Tranmere are at least one and a half stars, Zola isn't white, he's black, Tranmere CAN actually score goals in real life, they're second in the league you know..."

:lol:
i bet zola will evan have a real 3d face! (yeh right!)

That's really odd Jack, I played the US 360 version and UK PS3 version, and the name isn't there?

Maybe by some random act of god you downloaded the version that they said had some problems?

Just scored my first ever goal from open play :) Happy to upload it because of the delightful MANUAL through ball from Tevez...into Rooney, who then slows his marker down and then BURSTS away from him. He then drills it back to Tevez who knocks it past his marker and slots into the empty net :)

Video uploading soon :)

i think your monitor is not configured properly.. thats a yellow badge barca has in the back their socks.
It's not the monitor (TV actually :)), it's the camera picture. It looks fine when you're not looking at it through the camera, the badge is yellow.

- Poor GK reactions , eg turning their back to the ball when it's coming from a long shot!!

- Make cancel buttons to freely move the players when receiving a pass.

green here :D

huahauhuaha tb me pareceu um buraco mas se vires mesmo com os olhos encostados no monitor ves q o "buraco" nas meias é ligeiramente diferente da relva...mas mesmo so ligeiramente.

"abraços gloriosos" (Benfica allez hihi).

Still not scored from open play, but I'm definately getting better at playing the ball around, picking out plays and getting shots (although only averaging maybe 3 shots a half). Four minutes just isn't enough for me, I like to play a slow, tactical game. Cannot wait for the full game, really. :)

huahauhuaha tb me pareceu um buraco mas se vires mesmo com os olhos encostados no monitor ves q o "buraco" nas meias é ligeiramente diferente da relva...mas mesmo so ligeiramente.

"abraços gloriosos" (Benfica allez hihi).

:D yeah you're right

(nao se pode falar portugues aqui haha) abraços

Wow, reading the Eurogamer forums and in the 360 section, FIFA 08 demo is taking a right bashing! Everyone is just saying it's the same old sluggish FIFA and not a patch on PES. Always did think that forum was full of kids though!

I CANT FUCKING PLAY THIS GAME ANYMORE!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It s like going out on like 50 really short dates with the hottest bitch ever and you cant ever get LAID! I need the full version NOW! :)

I CANT FUCKING PLAY THIS GAME ANYMORE!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It s like going out on like 50 really short dates with the hottest bitch ever and you cant ever get LAID! I need the full version NOW! :)

:lmao:

thats truth...thats exact like i feel....althoug i cant stop playing it..i keep saying , just one more...than when i realise, its been already 10 games.

Back
Top Bottom