FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

In my case it's because you only have like 4ms to play, so I hack the computer a lot, to get the ball back quicly. :)

Placebo mentioned in another thread that the UK demo (360) might be different from the US/Singapore one. Can anyone confirm this? I did go like 6 hours without scoring on the 360 US demo, and scored on my first game on the UK PS3 demo...

I have the 360 US demo and I scored in my 2nd and 3rd game.

I have the 360 US demo and I scored in my 2nd and 3rd game.

Well, I just suck at it then. :) And that's why I'm asking someone for this:

I'd really really like if someone that was a pro/master of his domain at Fifa07/UCL could make a video of himself playing the Cpu. For me to see what level I have to reach to enjoy the game. And to see different ways of achieving results.

I mastered PES with years devoted to it, I'm not gonna master FIFA in a couple of days so... If anyone thinks he's good enough, give it a try will ya? :)

I'd like to see how a good player plays the game. And learn from that.

Played it for 3-4 hours now. My expectations were high because people were saying this was so much better than PES6. Well. I'm disappointed. It feels like a sluggish and unresponsive version of PES6 (I play PES6 on PC, much better than the last xbox 360 version). It's not bad at all, but I still think PES6 is a better game. FIFA 08 makes me remember how much I enjoyed PES6 (havent played for a few months).

I really hoped the game should be better than PES, because I would like all the licences, leagues and the other stuff FIFA is better in. This was disappointing.

PES' gameplay is still more polished than FIFAs gameplay, but FIFA is getting closer every year.

Funny how people are saying PES 6 is better than FIFA 08, yet didn't most PES fans admit PES6 was a bit rubbish compared to PES 5? And that the first showing of PES on next-gen wasn't really next-gen but just rehashed graphics and was a disappointment?

I'm loving the manual passing and the manual shooting on FIFA 08 :) Passing into space and shooting (even though I still miss a lot, it's nice to know I'm missing because I'M not aiming right) feels great and when you pull off a nice play or shot (only a shot for me, not a goal hehe) it's a great feeling :)

CPU dont win 80% of headers against me airjoca! I guess you need to work on that defending sir :P

And I KEEP forgetting to mention...you can even aim your goal kicks!!! Something Ive wanted for ages in football games. I dont mean you can move left or right...I mean when he kicks it, you can keep hold of a direction and your power and he will hit it in that direction!

I love the ball phsyics too, theyre so lifelike.

Still only scored one goal, an henry pen :) Thanks to my quick thinking, I pushed the ball infront of me using the trick stick and got wiped out :) Back to play more now! :D

Funny how people are saying PES 6 is better than FIFA 08, yet didn't most PES fans admit PES6 was a bit rubbish compared to PES 5? And that the first showing of PES on next-gen wasn't really next-gen but just rehashed graphics and was a disappointment?

I'm loving the manual passing and the manual shooting on FIFA 08 :) Passing into space and shooting (even though I still miss a lot, it's nice to know I'm missing because I'M not aiming right) feels great and when you pull off a nice play or shot (only a shot for me, not a goal hehe) it's a great feeling :)

Most people I talked to thinks PES6 is better than PES5. PES6 > PES5 > FIFA 08 > PES4 (my opinion).

I don't think FIFA08 looks much better than my PC version of PES6. Maby a little smoother animations, but the difference is minimal. A tweaked PC version of PES6 (kitserver and lod mixer) looks MUCH better than the xbox 360 version of PES6.

I didn't like the pace of the gameplay in the PES 2008 videos (wich makes it look arcadey), but I hope they have fixed that in the final version (should be done in 10 seconds).

FIFA 08 is good, it definatly isn't arcade, but it just doesn't feel as polished and responsive as PES. In about 10 matches I have 2 victories, 6 draws and 2 losses. Have scored 3 goals I think. One 20 yard shot (a bit lucky), one header after a cross, and one volley after a cross. I can create lots of chances, because (like in PES) you just have to think football when you play the game.

Last edited:

CPU dont win 80% of headers against me airjoca! I guess you need to work on that defending sir :P

And I KEEP forgetting to mention...you can even aim your goal kicks!!! Something Ive wanted for ages in football games. I dont mean you can move left or right...I mean when he kicks it, you can keep hold of a direction and your power and he will hit it in that direction!

I love the ball phsyics too, theyre so lifelike.

Still only scored one goal, an henry pen :) Thanks to my quick thinking, I pushed the ball infront of me using the trick stick and got wiped out :) Back to play more now! :D

Kevano22, are you using (Manual)setting for shooting?

I am having a very hard time mastering this.](*,)

Last edited:

FIFA 08 is good, it definatly isn't arcade, but it just doesn't feel as polished and responsive as PES.

Agree with you on this. FIFA 08 is in no ways perfect.

However, I am sure EA will get this sorted. It will only get better my friend.

As I stated earlier, many good things to come in the future with FIFA. ;-)

Last edited:

When you suffer a foul and the freekick marker is Ronaldinho if pass the ball t the left there is a bug.
I'm going to post a vid.

Last edited:

I love it but its just so bloody hard to score on manual.

i dont want to put the assistance up so any tips on building sustained attacks is appreciated.

Agree with you on this.;-)

However, I am sure EA will get this sorted. It will only get better my friend.

As I stated earlier, many good things to come in the future with FIFA. ;-)

I'm sure it will only get better in future releases. Competition is good. FIFA wouldn't be this good if PES wasn't around showing what great gameplay is all about. :)

I love it but its just so bloody hard to score on manual.

i dont want to put the assistance up so any tips on building sustained attacks is appreciated.

Using the wings and manual passing the ball into space while using L2 (New Alt scheme) to set your players to make runs :)

Well, I just suck at it then. :) And that's why I'm asking someone for this:

I'd like to see how a good player plays the game. And learn from that.

if it helps ya i was in the fifa interactive world cup last yr

so id say im pretty good at fifa games

ill put up a match of myself playing CPU on webcam through stickam later send me a pm or something and ill tell ya when i broadcast my match then u can watch it...

ive learn how to score from long range sometimes still random lol

but i usually score 1 or 2 goals a game sometimes 0 havent conceded a goal in about 20 games

Last edited by a moderator:

guys, sorry if this has been discussed, but finding it difficult to catch up on the dozens of pages recently!

I iniitally downloaded the X360 Singapore demo and played it, set controller to "new" to be more like PES, but found it slightly less responsive than im used to in PES. Thought it was just a bedding in period and so gave it some time, but just played it again 30 mins ago the SIng dmeo does seem ever so slighly less responsive.
I then 5 mnis ago DL the UK version on XBL and this version seems more fluid. very subtle but noticeable to the point of i am actually enjoying this demo much now!
Is it just me or anyone else find the UK demo better?

I've said it over and over, the UK version is better... Trust me. I can take shots of Ronaldinho with his name on his back in the arena, if people don't believe me (which isn't there in the Singapore demo), and I've seen players sent off, which didn't happen before.

I'm worried though. Because it's so hard to score, I'm willing to bet that every game in the online FIFA league will finish 0-0 and we'll all be tied in first place...

guys, sorry if this has been discussed, but finding it difficult to catch up on the dozens of pages recently!

I iniitally downloaded the X360 Singapore demo and played it, set controller to "new" to be more like PES, but found it slightly less responsive than im used to in PES. Thought it was just a bedding in period and so gave it some time, but just played it again 30 mins ago the SIng dmeo does seem ever so slighly less responsive.
I then 5 mnis ago DL the UK version on XBL and this version seems more fluid. very subtle but noticeable to the point of i am actually enjoying this demo much now!
Is it just me or anyone else find the UK demo better?

Really? very strange indeed.:-k

I think I will download the UK version of this demo and see if in fact there is a difference.

I've said it over and over, the UK version is better... Trust me. I can take shots of Ronaldinho with his name on his back in the arena, if people don't believe me (which isn't there in the Singapore demo), and I've seen players sent off, which didn't happen before.

I'm worried though. Because it's so hard to score, I'm willing to bet that every game in the online FIFA league will finish 0-0 and we'll all be tied in first place...

JB thats very strange..i just redownloaded the UK version over my singpure version to check it.. and stil no name on ronaldinhos back in the arena...
also, i did see a red card yesterday while playing the singapure demo..so its definatly there too.

ALSO, did anyone manage to curl FKs? if so, how come? in last fifa u just needed to hold the finness button right? in this one it doenst help though.

to curl a free kick you use the right analog stick

thank the fifa master me :P

JB thats very strange..i just redownloaded the UK version over my singpure version to check it.. and stil no name on ronaldinhos back in the arena...
Oh my God, what fucking version have I downloaded?! I swear on my life it's there!!

I deleted the Singapore demo and cleared the HDD cache (twice) before downloading it, doubt that will make any difference, but HE DEFINITELY has his name on his shirt in the arena here.

That does it, I'm taking a photo.

Strange stuff.

Its that true?????????
Im gonna turn the 360 on :D

its certified guys if you have any complaints about the demo post them to me or quote this post as i am sending feedback to assitant producer of the game now and any complaints would be appreciated for the next gen version of the game they could sort them out for 09 etc or even 08 with patches!

jflores, yes i am on manual for shooting. Cant seem to hit the target for love nor money. I will master it though, I swear to god.

its certified guys if you have any complaints about the demo post them to me or quote this post as i am sending feedback to assitant producer of the game now and any complaints would be appreciated for the next gen version of the game they could sort them out for 09 etc or even 08 with patches!

-More camera positions, one should be in between dynamic and Tele in height
-Harder to score free kicks, also for CPU.

Oh my God, what fucking version have I downloaded?! I swear on my life it's there!!

I deleted the Singapore demo and cleared the HDD cache (twice) before downloading it, doubt that will make any difference, but HE DEFINITELY has his name on his shirt in the arena here.

That does it, I'm taking a photo.

well i didnt clear my cache before downloading with my UK gamertag...ill try this now...

if its the case ill let u know..

Ps. im not doubting you by no means..im sure u got a diferent version...

I think the name on the back, etc, is related to distance from the player. The more distant the camera is, the less detail on the players. That's why on replays and cutscenes, when the detail is all in max there is slowdown.

Just played the PS3 demo twice. Scored two goals with Inter against América, thought I was the man, next game I played with ManU againt Red Bull, 0-0. :(

Really starting to get pissed at the superdefence by the cpu. Also, players like C. Ronaldo don't change direction fast enough, because I suddenly change the direction 180º but the cpu reacts quicker and gets to the ball first. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

-different goal/net styles for specific stadiums
-more responsiveness on turns
-Allow us to change the angles of the goal to 9 max.

That's all for now. ;-)

- Defenders from poor teams shouldn't play like they're defenders from Manchester United. Even if the difficulty is high. They should only be able to play to the best of their ability.

- The CPU shouldn't score nearly every single free kick.

- It's very hard to head the ball away when you're defending a cross.

- From corners, when the ball is headed away by the CPU, your player selection is sometimes "locked" and you can't change to the person the ball is heading towards.

- The responsiveness needs to be better, it takes too much time to turn sometimes and it results too often in giving away possession.

- We need to be able to adjust button assignments.

- We need to be able to adjust camera zoom.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom