FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Placebo

Andy Grey would argue that the linesman's view was obstructed by the leg of C.Ronaldo so he couldn't make the call.

Ive just realised that im missing a referee on the pitch - its nothing that screams out to me but i would have liked to see the ref and linesmen running around - if only so i can boot the ball into his face lol

Jonestm, I think you need to change your sig:

FIFA looks Great
PES Looks OK;)

i do need to change it as the FIFA players look revolting.
i don't care for graphics though.
1 thing like about the demo is the pace, i hope PES isn't too fast again.

This whole ON-RAILS thing in FIFA 08 is getting to me now.

Just conceded 2 goals because of this! (Playing as Barca v Man U)

1. Ronaldinho loses the ball near to his own penalty spot and the ball rolls slowly towards the touch line, I can't chase the ball because he's too busy standing with his hands on his hips looking up at the sky. Finally manage to switch to the player I weant and end up giving a free kick away, C Ronaldo floats a ball into the bottom left and the keeper just stands there, no dive or anything.

2. Keeper this time, ball comes over (coulda swore it was offside), Giggs chests it down on the goal kick line, for some reason my keeper walks off his line with his hand on his hips looking at the floor and Man U score.

Where it's a bug or what I don't know, certainly something stupid animation-wise. Scoring more now, last two goals were volleys, shots off the fllor seem to go wide on me most times, but volleys are always bang on target.

Last edited:

I would like to have a manual of all the skills in game...

I have done an aerial flip flap when the ball was on the floor but I don't know how lol

i have just found out

do kick ups facing the goal then do a bottom half moon, right to left with the right stick and LT still held down

i do need to change it as the FIFA players look revolting.
i don't care for graphics though.
1 thing like about the demo is the pace, i hope PES isn't too fast again.

I think PES has actually increased the pace:shock: this is what I am dreading also, much to arcadey.

This whole ON-RAILS thing is getting to me now.

Just conceded 2 goals because of this! (Playing as Barca v Man U)

1. Ronaldinho loses the ball near to his own penalty spot and the ball rolls slowly towards the touch line, I can't chase the ball because he's too busy standing with his hands on his hips looking up at the sky. Finally manage to switch to the player I weant and end up giving a free kick away, C Ronaldo floats a ball into the bottom left and the keeper just stands there, no dive or anything.

2. Keeper this time, ball comes over (coulda swore it was offside), Giggs chests it down on the goal kick line, for some reason my keeper walks off his line with his hand on his hips looking at the floor and Man U score.

Where it's a bug or what I don't know, certainly something stupid animation-wise. Scoring more now, last two goals were volleys, shots off the fllor seem to go wide on me most times, but volleys are always bang on target.

thats why you have a right analog to change player in sticky situations

I think PES has actually increased the pace:shock: this is what I am dreading also, much to arcadey.

such a shame if true, that's why i like PES5.
ah well, you can't have everything.

yea I really wondernig why yall guys are moaning about the lack of goal when the demo is one half of 4min...

GiggsUn1ted said:
Videos of these tricks are up in my photobucket

http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z71/TomJ37/FIFA 08 360 Tricks/

Photobucket has done the quality in a bit, but their all still sweet to watch.

Rainbow is easy I can do it every time now, Move the RS back, forward then forward again. (quickly)

Blanco is just click RS

Ronaldo Chop, Double tap back and direction on the LS

Step over and hit it with trailing foot : Forwards then back

(Dont know the official name for it) When u spin over the ball Zidane's trick - Run then right stick from back round to the right up to forwards and from back round left to do the other way. (Half Circle Back + Forwards)

Keepy Uppies : Tap RB, to flick it up whilst keepyuppies LS forwards
You can even do more tricks whilst doing keepie uppies.

Zico Turn - Double tap RS diagonaly back n left or right to do it either direction

Elastico : do a half circle with the RS from forwards all the way round to back going left or right changes direction of which way u do it.
(Also works doing a full circle from forawrds all the way round)

Single Stepover - Right/Left then round to forwards.

Stepovers - Forwards then roatate to diagonal forwards/right or left then the oposite side right / left in a quater circle motion from both diagonals.

Flick Over your head - forward forward back back, Standing Still

In Match Video - http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z71/TomJ37/FIFA 08 Goals/?action=view&current=RonaldoFlick.flv

Around the World - Start with Keepie uppies then roll the RS around to the left

Mid Air Elastico - I can only make this work right after a around the world, but rotate the RS to the right whilst in a keepie uppie.

cool :applause:

thats why you have a right analog to change player in sticky situations

They should ban the right stick for footie games, how am I supposed to do all that in a sticky situation whilst trying to tackle too?

Don't even get me started on why we have to hold down the left trigger to do tricks!

PES 2008 kinda looks like PES ps2 - basically what we SHOULD have got last year instead of the shitty ISS teams game.

But it's not a great sign when at least from the videos, all they have done is given an existing game a next gen port. Oh wait the team vision thing... which i think is going to be impossible to judge based on watching videos - it looks like something you'd just have to play and play to realise when or if it works.

EA have given us loads of improvements for next gen, things that just aren't possible on the PS2. And at the moment they have me sold.

Just noticed a pretty cool thing, AI has the ball, passes it off, I hack him down somewhat late, advantage is shown, AI player who received the ball doesn't lose it but after a second or two it's clear there's no advantage, ref pulls back play, books my player and gives the free-kick, excellent :)

So happy I had to grab my PDA to capture it ;)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rU7yGEyFKW4

They should ban the right stick for footie games, how am I supposed to do all that in a sticky situation whilst trying to tackle too?

Don't even get me started on why we have to hold down the left trigger to do tricks!

its given you the option you cant use it i love it!

and so do many others on my friends list (Xbox Live) the best defensive feature without doubt so many times on fifa and pes i get pissed off at not been able to control the right player straight away now i can

After playing the 360 demo for 6 hours yesterday, I just played the PS3 demo. People saying it's very different have no clue. The lighting is different because it's a different stadium. Everything else is the same, down to reaction times and the negatives.

I actually scored and won a game on my first try on the PS3. :)

But the things that bother me are still there. I think it was Placebo that said that heading is a matter of positioning and timing. No it isn't. Just watched as i forced Rio Ferdinand to the ball, yet the Red Bull striker who was out of position behind me and actually jumped way shorter than me headed the ball full force against the bar.

Just noticed a pretty cool thing, AI has the ball, passes it off, I hack him down somewhat late, advantage is shown, AI player who received the ball doesn't lose it but after a second or two it's clear there's no advantage, ref pulls back play, books my player and gives the free-kick, excellent :)

So happy I had to grab my PDA to capture it ;)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rU7yGEyFKW4

That was wrong, either blow the whistle right away or keep it going, the other player still had the ball.

You see, this is the kind of thing PES fans frown upon. You guys are praising FIFA for doing things PES did a long time ago.

But the things that bother me are still there. I think it was Placebo that said that heading is a matter of positioning and timing. No it isn't. Just watched as i forced Rio Ferdinand to the ball, yet the Red Bull striker who was out of position behind me and actually jumped way shorter than me headed the ball full force against the bar.

I have noticed this problem twice in the mere 10 games I've played - each time I was certain that I had won the header yet the ball goes out and I was awarded a goal-kick.

That was wrong, either blow the whistle right away or keep it going, the other player still had the ball..
I think it's right, just because the player keeps the ball doesn't mean he has an advantage, as soon as the Barca players started to surround him he calls it back.

That was wrong, either blow the whistle right away or keep it going, the other player still had the ball.

You see, this is the kind of thing PES fans frown upon. You guys are praising FIFA for doing things PES did a long time ago.

He had the ball but there was no advantage to be gained because he was blocked off by my players, thus it was completely correct to bring play back, that is the advantage law to a tee.

And no PES did not do this a long time ago, yes advantage and play being brought back was introduced in PES3? However the ref only ever brought play back if advantage was given but the player lost the ball, my point is that Fifa is now smart enough to know when there's no advantage to be had despite the player still having the ball.

Well, I've played a bit more into it, and got more used to it.

I still think no matter how much I play football games with the analogue sticks, that I'll never like them anywhere near as much as using the dpad.

And there needs to be a bigger difference in shot power.

Other than that, I'm happy.

Well, I've played a bit more into it, and got more used to it.

I still think no matter how much I play football games with the analogue sticks, that I'll never like them anywhere near as much as using the dpad.

And there needs to be a bigger difference in shot power.

Other than that, I'm happy.

I have always played PES/WE with a d-pad until i got it on the 360 now i can switch between the 2 with ease

so stick at it

does the 360 version of the demo have other weather because on ps3 it's dusk and i think from wat i've seen on 360 its day and mayb that's why it looks better

Back
Top Bottom