FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Does anyone agree with me that because of the resurgence of fifa with whats looking like a superb version this year, the winners are not EA or SEABASS, but US!!!....i think both games will be fantastic, yes i have played more PES in recent years after once being a FIFA fan, but now i feel a lucky boy, i will have a real choice of top qual football to play on my 50 inch high def spanker of a screen, roll on winter!!!

Fair enough, I was wrong about the controls being more advanced in comparison to PES, although the trick system perhaps make them a bit more advanced. :)

I think it just surprised me how advanced Fifa's controls are nowadays. Yeah, they just copied it from PES, but both companies should copy all the good stuff from each other. We will profit from it.

The strategies using the D-Pad in FIFA08 are those 4, you can only swap them around. Is this a limitation of the demo?

I'm assuming so because UCL has 4 offensive strategies to choose from and 4 defensive strategies, it would be strange if they just reduced that to 2 of each......

I just finally got my first win in the demo, Manchester Utd 1 - 0 NY Red Bulls, Ronaldo cross with a Tevez far post header.

Red Bull players were furious with officials at the end of the match as replays clearly show the ball had crossed the line before Ronaldo sent in the cross for Tevez......

Nice movie Santiago :)

I really can't understand why people are coming into this thread just to bash FIFA, some people have too much time on their hands. What's the point in getting into an arguement about PES is better than FIFA?

A PES fanboy coming in here saying that isn't gonna make us all suddenly say "oh, because you said it, you're right. I'll delete the FIFA demo and go make some banners saying "PES RULZ" and walk around town."

Unfortunately Placebo seems to be getting targeted as being the FIFA mascot because he likes the game so much? Why are PES fanboys acting so bitter? If you don't like it, fine. Say you don't, then don't bother visiting this thread. Why would you visit this thread if you don't like the game?

best post ever ;)

That's not the same move Coopz. The one you're trying consists of a little lift and then using the heel to bring it over you to your feet. Consists of two moves. Press down-up and keep it up, as the ball lifts tap up quickly.

His move is different and I haven't done it yet.

Ah i wasnt pressing the extra up :)

can do it quite easily now tbh

Coopz is that on the 360 because Messi has the gold f50s on in my game.

Mabye the players change there boots?

mine is the 360 version yeah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WArlLq1FNzU - My tevez snapshot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbWq9bPtbsU - My lovely diving header with red bulls after a good spell of possesion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fbE7nckrdM - My fave, watch the run of etoo as soon as ronny steps up to take it

Coopz, class bit of play from messi

Im enjoying watching all these videos that people are posting, the game looks very realistic when watching them

I dont think its miles better, for me plays the same, and has pitch degradation and moving ad-boards surely that for the demo, gets some plus's for the PS3 version :) Haha

Negative comments are down to:

1. PS3 owners and the PS3 demo really is a poor build compared to the 360 build which just runs lovely and smooth.
2. People who cannot accept that a certain game by Konami is no longer the daddy.

But if you look at this thread, 95% of comments are positive, of the 5% negative most seem to be PS3 owners and a couple are just people from certain other threads who apparently want to do some trolling (despite the fact they bitch and moan when anyone posts anything negative in the threads of their beloved game by a Japanese developer).

My name is Paul Statham, I have an Xbox360 and am a Fifa08'aholic :)

Sorry but I cannot ignore that.
I like a few people played the demo with an open mind, gave it a fair try and simply did not like it.
You are sounding like the kind of fanboy you have accused others of being.

I like a few people played the demo with an open mind, gave it a fair try and simply did not like it.

Please go back to post 4986.

Thanks

best post in this thread, congrats mate.

Unfortunately Placebo seems to be getting targeted as being the FIFA mascot because he likes the game so much? Why are PES fanboys acting so bitter? If you don't like it, fine. Say you don't, then don't bother visiting this thread. Why would you visit this thread if you don't like the game?

Hmm I think I like the idea of being a mascot, we can have posters and badges and T-shirts printed up ;)

It is there - check the video in my sig - you can see it on around the 01:00 mark as he turns and runs at the goal

Yeah but Jack said you see his name on his shirt in the Arena, maybe he was just mixed up, I did just win my first game ever on the demo, and it was my first match with the UK demo so maybe it is easier ;)

Here's the cross I just mentioned for the Tevez goal, as you can clearly see the ball was over the line before Ronaldo crossed it, shocking refereeing ;)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LKWIixkFJ9g

I based my assessment on the posts that people made, some were clearer to read between the lines than others, some seemed pretty honest in their opinion and not coming from a bias of that other game but mentioned they were playing it on the PS3 which seemed to be of no coincidence. If you can accept that a certain game by Konami is no longer the daddy. Then you have my sincere respect :)

Anyways as my sig clearly shows, I recalculated the figures and I believe it's more like 8/10 posts in this thread following the demo release are positive, feel free to count them if you like ;)

I really like it but the 360 version IS miles better than the ps3.

No it isnt, the verions are in different wather and lighting conditions, ive used both, the 360 looks very good because of the time of day, the ps3 is shadowy because its dusk, i cant see a difference in qauality between the two

And your point is???? Its a video game, PES has been doing that for years and that aspect is never going to be 100% spot on

There is no point, its funny though.

No need to get so defensive I know it happens in games, but come on he was NO WHERE near haha! Great ball physics :)

No it isnt, the verions are in different wather and lighting conditions, ive used both, the 360 looks very good because of the time of day, the ps3 is shadowy because its dusk, i cant see a difference in qauality between the two

For one mate the ps3 controller is shit the trigger buttons are fucking useless, or maybe i have shit hands?

I would like to have a manual of all the skills in game...

I have done an aerial flip flap when the ball was on the floor but I don't know how lol

Last edited:

I hate when people say its crap.

Its not crap even if you hate it, its not crap.

Crap is superman on the n64.

The amount of thought money and planning that has gone into this game is unreal, to label it crap is in the words of Michael Jackson "ignorant"

There is no point, its funny though.

No need to get so defensive I know it happens in games, but come on he was NO WHERE near haha! Great ball physics :)

Sorry seraphs, not getting defensive but I feel there has been alot of uneccersay bashing recently.

Thanks for your contribution;)

if any one has been watching my stream twice now i score 2 great goals for the 360 to freeze when i do the replay function and press X too much :(

Back
Top Bottom