FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Am I correct in assuming that there is now no button config that allows R1 shoulder button (on PS3) as Sprint? FIFA07 had one configuration that matched PES just about exact but I don't see that here. If that's the case not only will it be incredibly difficult to become accustomed to but if we buy PES2008 as well then switching between both games will be hell.

A Tip for jack: plug in you second controller and use it for a 2player match. You wont need anyone to control the other team, but it might help you score a goal :lol:

Ok, my hands and fingers are completely swelled up from playing the demo.

Again, one of the thing that is really making it very difficult for me aside from the shooting and sometimes heading, is the slugish responsiveness of the players on turns with the ball. It almost ruins all the fun for me. The physics just don't feel right with players sometimes. The players need to be more tight and easy to control. I've lost too many balls due to the animation taking too long to finish.

The shooting is near impossible to master since the arena shooting seems easier than the in-game.

I'm pretty much done with the demo. I don't want it to ruin my expectations for the final copy. I just hope this issues are fixed.

Peace!

jflores, using the new alternative control scheme, use left trigger when receiving the ball and turn the direction you want the player too go or shield, it seems to work wonders for me, it makes them turn tighter and keep the ball closer.

How bad that I don't have any of next-gen consoles and PC FIFA 08 is pure crap current-gen. I wanna play this game badly!

Right, I poped to ths shops and bought myself a premium 360, with Bioshock and an Xbox Live membership card, and I'm currently downloading the demo after a laborous sign up process.

Can't wait. Even though I have to play on my shit tele due to only having a hub upstairs.

I thought the thing was meant to ship with an inbuilt wireless adapter?

I hate you. :)

Seriously, I want a 360 (mainly for Fifa but a few other games) but I don't have the cash for one. :(

In terms of what tactics you adapt to suit your style of play, tactically you have to get it right to achieve success on the pitch, within the new series.

Random I know but if anyone remembers any pics or videos which show any Scottish teams, feel free to point me in that direction.

In terms of what tactics you adapt to suit your style of play, tactically you have to get it right to achieve success on the pitch, within the new series.

Yes, but in terms of what you can decide as a "coach", it's lacking a lot compared to PES. I want to decide individual positioning of each player, give them arrows to tell them where to go, etc. Maybe 2009. :)

Yes, but in terms of what you can decide as a "coach", it's lacking a lot compared to PES. I want to decide individual positioning of each player, give them arrows to tell them where to go, etc. Maybe 2009. :)

You've been able to do all that since Fifa 07

That's all in the game, just disabled for the demo. It's been in since the last one. It's exactly the same setup as PES. At the moment you can't change between standard and custom with the RB button as it's disabled in teh tactics section but the full game will have it.

I think this will be included in the final game, actually. Something called "Create a formation" or something like that, I remember reading about it.

In my viewpoint a good deal of the scoring issue (or non-scoring) may simply be the consequence of the time limitation of the demo - not only is there simply not enough time to really rack up goals but I think people may be altering their playing styles to try to compensate and as a result are simply trying to hoof it up instead of taking your time to keep possession and work build-up (I know I find myself constantly watching that dam clock speeding away and my tactical approach along with it). As well, players don't have enough time to tire and become more susceptible to errors or breaking down.
In addition, the fact that other than the Red Bulls (who actually seem to play better than they should), there are no real minnows amongst the demo teams doesn't help either - having some weak opposition once in awhile to work against and build skills, approach, tactics and confidence wouldn't hurt.

culdn't expain it better my self, deffinitly the full game will open the game alot, so that we ll play patiantly football with out checking the time:D

anyways the most of my goals i score, is when i slow the game down & i wait for some good runs,
i don't know about u guys, but i manage to score some amazing goals from midfield, especialy with van bommel & ze roberto.

here is a tip scoring from distance if any one is interested.

say u are using Bayern, u need to pass the ball alot & make sure u pass the ball at the right time, when player is in the space, passing the ball succesfully, it will build ur team momentum( i hope i am not getting paranoid but i think my hole team plays better) & u ll see often ur players unmarked giving u options, pass the ball say to van bommel as soon he recive the ball don't run with him, u ll see ur strickers trying to run in space, the deffenders will run after them trying to mark them, so u ll be left with van bommel walking in the middle of the park unmarket alone with lots of space & no pressure, have a shot on goal, then pray for ur luck:mrgreen:

note: as u guys know scoring goals its difficult in this game especialy playing this short demo, but that doesn't mean its impossible nether means u can score the same way always, but the good news is that its possible to score some nice goals from outside the box (gerrard style;))

(sorry if people knew this way of scoring already, but they keept it quiet so that they can win online games:lol:)

jflores, using the new alternative control scheme, use left trigger when receiving the ball and turn the direction you want the player too go or shield, it seems to work wonders for me, it makes them turn tighter and keep the ball closer.

Thanks! I shall try that my friend.:thumbup:

However, me still thinks that the player responsiveness needs some more tweaking.

I'll be back later with my results on this LT while turning tip.

;-)

Finally scored more than twice in a game :D Bayern 3-0 America... How is shooting for you people? It's very difficult to shoot hard for me

A Tip for jack: plug in you second controller and use it for a 2player match. You wont need anyone to control the other team, but it might help you score a goal :lol:

I thought about that and tried. My shots were perfect but as soon as my brother or CPU is against me, every shot is missed... :(. I suck.

Thanks! I shall try that my friend.:thumbup:

However, me still thinks that the player responsiveness needs some more tweaking.

I'll be back later with my results on this LT while turning tip.

;-)

thats because u are used to pes superb responsiveness thats why;),
in all honesty thats one of the stronges part of the pes gameplay, u just feel that u are in total control when playing pes, players move so fluid & respond so well, but in other hand fifa always lacked in responsiveness hoever this time they respond alot better, but not to the pes level yet
(don't forget pes didn't upgreate the gameplay much over the years but they always have worked on responsiveness control)

fifa has the response time there fine the delay is not in the response but in how to player reacts to a turn aka slow turns in the game compared to pro evos quick executions of fake shots etc

ive played about 15 half now of the demo and my initial response was this is great but as you play you start to notice some annoying flaws. The player physics do seem sluggish as someone has pointed it and the cameras are awful (could be just the demo). They seem o loose the play sometime just for a split sec then jerk back and you loose concentration. The animations are very nice aswell as the visuals but im not too sure about the gameplay. The passing seems to be a little awkward as is the shooting. The shooting seems to be decided where its going regardless of ur players posture. Dont get me wrong this is a massive improvemen but this is still miles behind PES for fluidity and control.

You've been able to do all that since Fifa 07

That's all in the game, just disabled for the demo. It's been in since the last one. It's exactly the same setup as PES. At the moment you can't change between standard and custom with the RB button as it's disabled in teh tactics section but the full game will have it.

I think this will be included in the final game, actually. Something called "Create a formation" or something like that, I remember reading about it.

;):)

Back
Top Bottom