FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Thanks for the upload link placebo.

Unfortunately, I'm with AOL, so I must wait on a torrent.

Appreciate a pm if anyone finds a link,thanks

Damnit, I'm getting the hang of it more and more. That it took me a while makes it more and more rewarding to score. It's such a good feeling to dominate a match. Just had a match where I had 7 shots (6 on goal) in the first 30 minutes!

The one that wasn't on goal was SMASHED against the bar after a low cross. Such a good feeling although it didn't went in.

Damnit, I'm getting the hang of it more and more. That it took me a while makes it more and more rewarding to score. It's such a good feeling to dominate a match. Just had a match where I had 7 shots (6 on goal) in the first 30 minutes!

The one that wasn't on goal was SMASHED against the bar after a low cross. Such a good feeling although it didn't went in.

Congratulations mate :) It's a shame the demo is so short, doesn't really give you time to settle in before you start again. Looking forward to playing it some more over the weekend!

Did I ever say everything in the game was good? That's nonsense, but what's the point speculating about all the little things that may or may not be fixed, will it change anything? No. Read my history, I've bitched about many things about Fifa's past and present.

So I moan there's no defence push up for offside button, what's the point in moaning about it? What do I achieve?

So I moan about the fact that sometimes when I press Y for the keeper to push out sometimes he's not responding enough or at all, maybe it'll be fixed, maybe it won't, will me moaning about it help?

There are more than enough people wanting to come in here to do nothing but troll and rip the game to shreds, for no other reason than it's an EA game, it's called Fifa, it's not PES, it's not by Konami, it's not made by the flawless god that is Seabass, what point is there in me posting the negative things when there's plenty of people queuing up to do it?

I take offence at that bullshit comment implying I'm doing nothing but posting PR for the game. Maybe unlike some people I'm just seeing the wheat from the chaff?

Paul has been a major help and contributer to this site and thread as well as the FIFA forum.Alot of people have respect for this genorousity of time and I for one am very grateful for his help.

I think his post's are balanced and constructive wheter its +ve or -ve and there is no way on earth he can be accused of assuming a role of a PR guy for FIFA.

The fact that he feels(like alot of people) that it will play a better and more comprehensive game than PES is a matter of perception and choice so please do not bash his enthusiasm for the game.

Rant over;)

Paul has been a major help and contributer to this site and thread as well as the FIFA forum.Alot of people have respect for this genorousity of time and I for one am very grateful for his help.

I think his post's are balanced and constructive wheter its +ve or -ve and there is no way on earth he can be accused of assuming a role of a PR guy for FIFA.

The fact that he feels(like alot of people) that it will play a better and more comprehensive game than PES is a matter of perception and choice so please do not bash his enthusiasm for the game.

Rant over;)

Totally 2nd this - well said!

Congratulations mate :) It's a shame the demo is so short, doesn't really give you time to settle in before you start again. Looking forward to playing it some more over the weekend!

Indeed. But now I'm sure I will buy it (and almost sure I won't buy PES, unless it's a huge improvement over PES6). Can't wait to start playing long and important matches. Also looking forward to be playing with commentary.

Coopz, about the crowd: Could also be that they are more quiet because it's a friendly match.

Btw, just a simple question since I am used to PES and it's sucky singleplayer experience: Is there a mode in Fifa where you can manage a club (do some transfers), and do a league season with CL matches in between? I'm almost sure it's in Fifa, but I just wanted to be sure :)

has anyone noticed how every shot you take is hit perfectly in relation to how the ball is bouncing and how the player is standing

no more laceing the ball from 2 yards when a side foot is what a normal person does :)

fk it, i'm going home for my lunch now to get a couple more games in, it's an hour round trip but i don't care!

has anyone noticed how every shot you take is hit perfectly in relation to how the ball is bouncing and how the player is standing

no more laceing the ball from 2 yards when a side foot is what a normal person does :)

Thats spot on coopz, I noticed it last night how the body and foot is adjusted to suit the situation and environment the player is in, no toe punting here.:applause:

Well I followed this thread yesterday while at work and couldn't wait to try the demo when I got home, and although I was worried that people were saying great things like last year before they'd got used to the game, it does seem immediatley apparent that the game is MUCH better!

I'm lucky enough to have a PS3 and 360 and there's NO difference between the demos in my opinion, except of course the colours because each match is played in a different situation:

360 is at the allianz arena, day (hence brighter colours from sunlight)
PS3 is at the FIWC stadium, dusk

Otherwise I truely believe it's just down to your preference of gamepad and in particular the RT/LT buttons compared to the R2/L2 buttons. the demo on 360 plays in 1080p and the PS3 is 720p on my 32inch HD tv, but there's no obvious difference in graphics to me. On both the game looks glorious, sound is amazing and the feeling of such a "real" game of football is brilliant! I would never say any game is perfect, but looking through a few posts here, these people have either not played the demo and are speculating, or just want to moan for the sake of it.

Admit it, it's a superb demo and I can't wait for the full game! I can't believe this is a fifa game considering how poor they were only a few years ago!

I also like players just stop running if they see they can't get to the ball anymore.

In PES you can only stop them with supercancel. Here's some animation where you see the player think: "No way I'm going to run behind that ball".

Really?
Where are the formations-screens where you can pin-point your strategy?
Where are the running lines for the players individually?
Where is the option to pick attackers to man-mark?
Where can you see the CPU changes its formation during the match?
I can go on for a while, but as long as FIFA does not have the ability to change it's strategies as precise as in PES the are at best a semi-simulation...

LOL that's all in the tactics section. DOH!

I'm pleased to say, in my experience - no. Apart from the player selection "locking" after a corner is headed away sometimes, but using the right analog stick to select counteracts this 50% of the time, and as you mention, players "locked into runs until they reach the ball" (but it's once per game, if that, compared to once per minute in PES).

There's the fact that I haven't seen the CPU give away a single foul yet (after eight hours of matches) as well, BUT I'm assuming it's impossible in the demo, because they've blatantly shoved some of my players into the ground and got nothing. And it works both ways (kind of) because there is an option before the game to enable cards, yes/no - but I can chop a player down from behind, then kick him, shove him, and break his leg five minutes later, not one card has been given out yet. So the demo isn't complete, obviously.

My biggest problem in the game is that defence. If you play as a lower-league team and their defence plays like this, then we'll all be playing on Novice, which is ridiculous. I have to agree with Airjoca on that.

Hmmm, the defence thing sounds a bit duff. I did fear that there might be little difference between playing against a League 2 team and a Premiership team. PES never got this right and sounds like FIFA may have the same one-dimensional approach to AI.

re. cpu cheats, sounds like there's one or two but the thing that worries me is that PES in an exhibition match was a pretty good game. Start up a ML and suddenly the game is swamped with cpu cheats and becomes unbearable. Same could be true for FIFA when we start playing career mode?

Ref is cheating towards the computer on the demo, player vs player no one gets fouls, vs computer your rare to get one, they are obliged to get many! I have had one for a good challenge, nearly scored, keeper was awful, anyway I got absolutely crunched legs flied in the air, ball was no where near, got nout, well I did, an injury, but hardly fair! The free kick angle is not very good imo, and why do Ronaldinho and C. Ronaldo run up well annoyingly for free kicks, I was creased up. Also the player lock run, happens more than once in a game, it happens ANYTIME there i a high ball, and they tend to jog rather than run! Also they run away from the ball pretty much all the time, unless thats player runs, like it is useful in defence :S I passed the ball with keeper, and it went to wrong person again, (this was yesterday havent played it since, nd went straight to tevez, open goal, with the amazing ai, he took no touch, and put it well wide. Excellent.

Sounds a lot like PES6.

Every shot is hit perfectly which isnt good news for me, seems every shot has a chance of going in or forcing a corner, theres not many shots that are absolutely spooned, im starting to get annoyed at the shot fall over animation, why, why so many times, its not hard to keep up, its used when your running away and shoot and they fall over, its understandable under pressure or not facing goal, or had to do it quick, but loads of time, you shouldnt fall over!

Anyway the PS3 one looks a bit worse colour wise in the arena, in the match they are the same, but 360 is sharper, both games have different stadiums, in the PS3 version, one game the pitch is emaculate (I prefer the grass on the PS3 for some reason), the game after its weathered and patches, probably showing off degradation, but went on 360 demo and that feature is not there, and also on the PS3 stadium there are they new adboard display ones and also change which is quite nice, think the crowd look worse on PS3 aswell, but yeah, so overall.

PS3 version:
-Plays exactly and feels exactly the same as 360 (good news)
-Arena looks worse due to strength and contrast of colours
-Worse crowd in looks
-Different pitch
-New ad boards
-Pitch degradation

Ive got good at the game now, and winning pretty much them all, 1-0 etc, find it easy, all I do is run, and just tap it in, its easy :D I drew a game Inter vs Barca though, again they got a free kick and Ronaldinho scored yet again, keeper was terrible, they do so many stupid things its unbelievable, its the worse thing in the game, anyway then I got a penalty haha and scored, I didnt know what I was doing, tapped the button and aimed, ball went just left of the keeper who stood still, Materazzi took it, so drew 1-1, free kicks are too easy I swear, be pain if it always results in a goal like it has for me so far.

Ronaldinho doesnt have a name on both PS3 and 360 version for me, both european, as I waited :D

Also I have seen Ronaldo and Ronaldinho take free kicks, doesnt look no where near as dramatic as that, Ronaldo one as stupid as it is in the game, he does steps forward, not like bigger tip toe steps like the keepers do...

Also winston, I have never had those probs in pro evo, I normally if I want to actually change player direction or move him for headers, I either super cancel for general movement, and if the ball is in the air, hold R2 as it allows you to move the player better.

Lastly haha, I prefer the PS3 controller, feels nicer, but I will probs get the game on 360 still.

I got some goals on my phone, will put them up soon, including the crappy computer miss from 2 yards and the keeper fluff up... :D

Also anyone notice, when you score, that its not the person who scored in the screen first, I scored with Rooney, and Gary Neville was automatically there, then Rooney came to him, happened couple of times.

Last edited:

Seraphs you clearly are trying to disguise the fact that you do not want to like this game, you've been the same for weeks now. There is no obligation to like any game so no need for the pretance at being neutral and all that.

Not at you Seraphs this time.

But those saying it's easy and the AI and GK's doing weird things remembers it's only on a low skill level. And remember this is an early build with the likes of Heinze still at Man U and the old style cage nets.

Strange thing happened in one of my games, me playing as Man U vs Barca. Ronaldinho rushed in from the right side and Ferdinand tried to block him off. Ronaldino slotted the ball towards the right goal post but missed and ball went out of play. But for some strange reason, Edwin VD Sar dived towards the left goalpost (opposite direction). Strange ....

Btw, loving the demo. Can't wait for this weekend.

Seraphs you clearly are trying to disguise the fact that you do not want to like this game, you've been the same for weeks now. There is no obligation to like any game so no need for the pretance at being neutral and all that.

Not at you Seraphs this time.

But those saying it's easy and the AI and GK's doing weird things remembers it's only on a low skill level. And remember this is an early build with the likes of Heinze still at Man U and the old style cage nets.

I am with you all the way there Jay, my sentiments exactly.

Just checked, no name on his shirt in the arena in Singapore demo, deleted and downloading the UK version now to see if anything else is different :)
There are definitely differences. As I said, the shirt name(s) for one (not sure if it applies in a match as well), fouls (the CPU is getting in trouble more often) and cards (terrible tackle from Red Bulls on Henry, got the guy a yellow card). Had about three or four shots over a couple of games as well, more than yesterday, although that may be experience kicking in. But there are definitely differences.

I'm noticing the referees are terrible though, you can get carded in the European demo but it takes two tackles from behind from the same player to get a yellow, you can get away with murder, almost literally.

Just had a match where I had 7 shots (6 on goal) in the first 30 minutes!
Please, please, please please PLEASE, tell me how. Write a ten-page guide or something, pleeeeeease.

There are definitely differences. As I said, the shirt name(s) for one (not sure if it applies in a match as well), fouls (the CPU is getting in trouble more often) and cards (terrible tackle from Red Bulls on Henry, got the guy a yellow card). Had about three or four shots over a couple of games as well, more than yesterday, although that may be experience kicking in. But there are definitely differences.

I'm noticing the referees are terrible though, you can get carded in the European demo but it takes two tackles from behind from the same player to get a yellow, you can get away with murder, almost literally.

Please, please, please please PLEASE, tell me how. Write a ten-page guide or something, pleeeeeease.

Well i have just finished playing the Euro one and Dino dosnt have a name on his back, neither did the other one

I may sound pro fifa but I really don't see the things others are complaining about. At the moment I'm enjoying every minute of it! My only things I've noticed are that on the ps3 demo at least, some of the replays show the ball in a brighter colour than you would naturally expect, but that must be due to the lighting with the dusk setting, I'd be amazed if the 360 doesn't display it the same in the full game. The other thing is that I spooned a volley high and wide and the crowd didn't mockingly go AAGGHHHHH!! I think the great sounds and overall presentation mean I now expect too much from the game!!

I'd love for PES to be able to match this or better it, it would be an immense game if it did! If the full game of fifa plays this good or better then I'll seriously reconsider "definately" buying pes, cos I don't think it'll match it for me, I prefer playing with lower league clubs so this'll do me nicely!

I've just been on the pes 2008 thread... I can't belive the crap people are saying! Why do people want fifa to fail and blindly follow pes? Don't we just want the best footy game possible, regardless of who makes it?

The little things in fifa are so impressive, the way people fall over, the keeper lifting his hands as the ball goes past the post as if to say, " I never touched it," etc and the scrolling ads on the ps3 version look great too, it's strange they've gone with different stadiums/times of day for each platform?

u know u guys were on the flaming ball when u pick barca and manu --- well it is defenately a rival thingy ... wahctch closely when the players are going out of the ground the to captain are arguing and pionting fingers at each other :) ... and remember a while back we saw the england vs germany video they do the same thing : so it must be rivalries ...

I've just been on the pes 2008 thread... I can't belive the crap people are saying! Why do people want fifa to fail and blindly follow pes? Don't we just want the best footy game possible, regardless of who makes it?

The little things in fifa are so impressive, the way people fall over, the keeper lifting his hands as the ball goes past the post as if to say, " I never touched it," etc and the scrolling ads on the ps3 version look great too, it's strange they've gone with different stadiums/times of day for each platform?

I've not looked into the PES threads for quite a few months now, maybe even a year or more. Funny considering it's a PES forum really. I'll go and see what people are saying, I know what I'm expecting though :lol:

Bloody good post that, Its the little things that really compliment an excellent game engine.

Well i have just finished playing the Euro one and Dino dosnt have a name on his back, neither did the other one
Something on your 360 has fucked up then because I swear on my mother's life that Ronaldinho has his name on his shirt in the European version, Placebo has confirmed this. You need to delete the Singapore demo first and clear your HDD cache (or at least I did), but there is a difference, 100% definitely. I would bet my life on it, because I've seen it.

u know u guys were on the flaming ball when u pick barca and manu --- well it is defenately a rival thingy ... wahctch closely when the players are going out of the ground the to captain are arguing and pionting fingers at each other :) ... and remember a while back we saw the england vs germany video they do the same thing : so it must be rivalries ...
If that's true, why is it always Man Utd that has the flaming ball whether they're home or away, why not both teams?

Back
Top Bottom