FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Damn I want an Xbox now. Stuck on stupid PC with stupid current-gen Fifa. PES2008 will feel so inadequate now, I was hoping Fifa next-gen would stay crap for just one more year till it's next-gen on PC so I wouldn't feel so bad.

Where can I get a 360 Premium cheap?

HotUKDeals forum, people are always selling 360's in there :)

Have a look at this passing play from the CPU :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKA0swMMJRI

People who say the gameplay is bad need to have a look at that. That is brilliant AI. Look how he picks out the striker in the middle who made a run from outside the box. The ball hits the goalie's head then the bar :lmao:

Amazing:applause::applause::applause:

Have a look at this passing play from the CPU :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKA0swMMJRI

People who say the gameplay is bad need to have a look at that. That is brilliant AI. Look how he picks out the striker in the middle who made a run from outside the box. The ball hits the goalie's head then the bar :lmao:

Like watching Arsenal from a few years ago. Swift, accurate football :)

Amazing. Wow this is gonna be the one, seriously. I can't believe people actually had said it's the just the same old FIFA. It's nothing like it. EA have made a great footy game. I'm still in shock but it's just right. If it plays like this on Semi Pro imaging legendary. I can't wait.

aye dont forget professainal and world class then legendary bla i keep drawing 0-0 nm awesome game tho u gotta think to score now

I tested FIFA08 demo

10 matches with every team in it

After the initial shock about controller and analogic stick i have to say that the game is good

but not awesome as i expected reading that forum...

the 'bug' that pissed me off is that in every crosses and corners the Goalkeeper doesn't exit and defenders NEVER catch the ball

headers are all taken by Forwards !!!

:(

The aspect of the game that i love most is PASSING

If setted completely manual the game offers a great variety of attacks and actions..

I have no idea why im posting this, just thought i would.

thisone.jpg
[/IMG]

Just noticed something: there's no 360 movement, only 8 directions. With Ronaldinho on the training ground you can notice this easily. Just like PES.

sounds like the 360 version is much better

Both versions look same to me just the 360 version is a bit more vibrant.

Passing is great the rest is okay. Plus as stated 8 directions....PES for PS3, Fifa for 360

Win Win

Last edited by a moderator:

@ Jack Bauer, since you're kind of the unnoficial Fifa spokesperson around here :), could I possibly get you to comment on these points i raised, and tell me if it's the game or me?

Thx
You're a good sensible poster mate, I can't really argue with what you are saying.

Defensive heading I am having trouble with, I find using that jockey button helps a bit.

I've not seen any faults from the goalkeeper yet except realistic ones. Sometimes they don't come out, but after seeing Paul Robinson I've come to the conclusion that sometimes goalkeepers do freeze in real life.

Supercancel could be improved, no doubt, but it's not needed as much as in PES. Still unacceptable though, admittedly.

Defense being too hard is a worry for me. On PES or This Is Football, raise the level to 5-star and the opposition play to the best of their ability. On FIFA they've always played like they're Brazil, even if they're Birmingham. If I play as Man United and Tranmere can tackle Ronaldo no problem on Semi-Pro (never MIND Pro or World Class), I will be really pissed off.

Nets I never notice, so I can't comment. They seem great in the videos so perhaps they'll be better in different stadia?

Response times are realistic, IMO. Better than before, not as fast as PES, but as real as possible without making it too hard or too easy.

And I've scored three times in over six hours, so yeah, it's looking impossible at the moment. I don't know how I'm going to cope with the full game! Practice makes perfect I suppose, look at that Messi goal that someone scored, brilliant.

Love it though, it's making so much progress. That "jockey" stuff is great...

Last edited:

For some reason the blue colours on Fifa look a bit purple. It's mostly noticable on van der Sar's shirt and on the Barca shirts too. Is this my TV? If it is how can I change it?

Just tackled a player who then flew to the floor and lay crumpled up while play continued, love it! Of course I didn't put the ball out ;)

The nets are definatly not the ones in the latest videos. Which is a good thing in my opinion because that means the final release is even more tweaked than this one.

The game is a real step up and requires a lot of patience to master, but it's a true simulation now, no matter what the PES zealots have to say.

I tested FIFA08 demo

10 matches with every team in it

After the initial shock about controller and analogic stick i have to say that the game is good

but not awesome as i expected reading that forum...

the 'bug' that pissed me off is that in every crosses and corners the Goalkeeper doesn't exit and defenders NEVER catch the ball

headers are all taken by Forwards !!!

:(

The aspect of the game that i love most is PASSING

If setted completely manual the game offers a great variety of attacks and actions..

I'm finding it pretty equal with defenders, I can win as many headers as the CPU in defence, midfield or up front. Picking up the second ball is a different matter tho ;)

The nets are definatly not the ones in the latest videos. Which is a good thing in my opinion because that means the final release is even more tweaked than this one.

The game is a real step up and requires a lot of patience to master, but it's a true simulation now, no matter what the PES zealots have to say.

This is why i have faith in the latest PS3 build.

people that are playing with all sets in manual, can tell if there is difference in players when passing the ball?
or since that you put everything in manual, the atributtes don´t make any difference i the game??
and the movement of players around the pitches??
they moving off a different way or every player from same positions moving always the same way???

damn!!
i don´t have acess to marketplace!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exit on crosses? You mean come for crosses? He does come for them if they're in the six-yard box. Nothing out of the ordinary there I don't think :)

Exit on crosses? You mean come for crosses? He does come for them if they're in the six-yard box. Nothing out of the ordinary there I don't think :)

ehm...maybe the right word is 'come for crosses'

:)

i'm italian..

I mean that when cpu crosses GK never move...stand still...and forwards make headers without pressure on it

No way man, its well hard to dribble! That takes some class to pull off.

Ive changed the camera to dynamic and the game feels MUCH better. The pace seems a bit quicker and you have a chance to see some of them flawless animations. Class.

Red Bulls scored the sickest FK against me. Wow, I LOVE this game, it's everything I want and the fact it's fifa is actually making me smile.

With this and Skate EA have truly excelled themselves.

well I have listened to all the +ve comments all day, jealous that i could not take part but now i have played the demo.............

I am simply thrilled with this effort.The passing on manual with everything else turned off is a sight to behold and is a game that will require alot of time and effort to get right.

The pace and spin of the ball is absolutely spot on IMO and the player animation simulates footballers.The red bulls scored a fantastice goal against me off the post after tricking ferdinand into shooting sending me sliding right past him.he cut inside a drove a beauty past Van der sar.

Heading has improved for me, goalkeepers look and move great.

The shooting is just wonderful, I cannot beleive what a difference this game is compared to 07.

No worries for the nets as I have seen these nets in a vid before and they are just tighter than the coloured ones seen in recent vids at different grounds.

The AI is about 500% better with inteligent runs into space and good defending.

Its hard (very hard) to work openings but when you do it brings a smile to your face and thats what footy games are about.

I'll post more opinions soon, but I have been after a game like this since PES3 and you can definately describe it as a brilliant simulation of the beautiful game.

i'll report back later

Back
Top Bottom