FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

DR Force my amp is built in , in my woofer and the surround works fine with the ps3 its only ea demos , mind u last years nba live works ;-) , i tried nba live 08 demo no luck even nascar 08 no luck and now fifa arghhh !!!

Jack,

That Jockey button is really nice, but I don't think you are using it like you should use it. Try holding that button while defending. It makes you defend on a very small space. Brilliant new control of football games!

As you can see in the control screen. A is still a normal standing tackle.

Just had another hour on it.

I have got used to the cameras and I have also got to grips with the game.

in a word "Class"

The animation and ball physics are out of this world they really are something special.

This evo - web league is gonna be superb with all the different styles of play.

Congratulations EA you have done a fine job.

I just hope that PES is good to so we can have a happy community :)

DR Force my amp is built in , in my woofer and the surround works fine with the ps3 its only ea demos , mind u last years nba live works ;-) , i tried nba live 08 demo no luck even nascar 08 no luck and now fifa arghhh !!!

MMMMmmm that is strange.It seems your woofer is having trouble recognising the data, how old is your system and what is the make?

Please, tell me, how do you hold them off so well?!!!?!!

What a brilliant goal though, you don't see many of them (or at least I certainly haven't)...

Yeah ive played a fair few games now and thts the first individual goal like tht ive scored but yeah i just tried to play like messi there and do his close control dribble so using l2 without doin any tricks and got lucky.

I tell you wat tho at first i was thinking this trick stick is abit of a novelty as it all seemed very random the tricks but now i can do flip flap on command and ronaldos change of direction backheal at the perfect moment. you just have to learn exactly which way to move the analogue for each trick and try and time them right with the skillfull players. Nasri is pretty damn good on this game.

first of all, all of us sain posters keep the head. The ignorant will soon be gone. We expected the imature reaction and we got it.

Secondly this game is still ace to play. I have both ps3 and 360 and there i no difference other than the way my tv handles the inputs and threfore the colours.

Yeah ive played a fair few games now and thts the first individual goal like tht ive scored but yeah i just tried to play like messi there and do his close control dribble so using l2 without doin any tricks and got lucky.

I tell you wat tho at first i was thinking this trick stick is abit of a novelty as it all seemed very random the tricks but now i can do flip flap on command and ronaldos change of direction backheal at the perfect moment. you just have to learn exactly which way to move the analogue for each trick and try and time them right with the skillfull players. Nasri is pretty damn good on this game.

great news about nasri! been day dreaming about controlling the game with marseille all day. :) Can't wait till this evo-web league gets going.

first of all, all of us sain posters keep the head. The ignorant will soon be gone. We expected the imature reaction and we got it.

Secondly this game is still ace to play. I have both ps3 and 360 and there i no difference other than the way my tv handles the inputs and threfore the colours.

Serg, I am downloading te demo and looking forward to it, but the nets look to have gone backwads again ie glue coated with very little movement:(

Well I just played the 360 demo, and it does look much better than on PS3. Both on HDMI and on the same HD ready TV, but it's a world of difference. Could it be there is some setting I should change in the PS3? It automatically switches to 720p when the demo starts, but that should be fine.

Alrighty then, time for my review of the demo on PS3.
I haven't really played Fifa serious since Fifa 03, the last version i owned. I am more of a "PES fanboy".

Got really pumped up for this demo though, everyone seemed to love it earlier today. Alright here goes my review:

Graphics: Seriously, there seem to be some problem related to the PS3 version? The edges on everything is far from smooth, everything EXCEPT actual gameplay seem laggy. It doesn't really feel next-gen for me, hope this won't be the case on PES. Some players look spot-on, others certanly doesn't.

6/10

Gameplay: The most important part. It's definitely not bad. The shooting, passing etc is much improved from previous Fifa versions i've played, but i'm still not comfortable with it (hey, i guess that takes some time! ;)) I can't understand how much trouble you people have with scoring? I scored in my first two games. I thnik it's fairly balanced on semi-pro. I personally don't like heading, corners (to easy to score!?) and freekicks at all but that's just my opinion.

7/10

Sound is great so far, better than all the versions of PES i've played. Fifa also always seem to have great soundtracks and commentary. 9/10

About 7,5/10 total for me, thats at least a big step up from previous version. My expectations were higher though. Hopefully this review wasn't to fanboyish.

played a few matches on both 360 and ps3 versions. First impressions - graphics on tele view superb. animations very realistic. 360 version looks and plays better then ps3 version.
Still cant get used to the Fifa "feel" and will need to devote more time when the full game comes out, as I think I still have a PES mindset when playing it. Im not going to blame this on fifa and say its crap, as I know that it needs time!

Much better then fifa 07 though and am optimsitic that I could be playing this game as well as PES this year a lot!! 2 great footy games, what more could we ask for this year!!

Well I just played the 360 demo, and it does look much better than on PS3. Both on HDMI and on the same HD ready TV, but it's a world of difference. Could it be there is some setting I should change in the PS3? It automatically switches to 720p when the demo starts, but that should be fine.

Have you added the 1080I in the PS3 settings yet?

roadstar bought it cheap worked great with my ps2 , and ps3 only the ea demos which really is unexpected

I think its the bitstream data that EA must be coding that your system can not decode for some reason.

I am not familiar with Roadstar lol, and its not a common name in the AV world but none the less it should work.

Just check you have a red beam coming out the end of the toslink that connects into your amp.

Damn I want an Xbox now. Stuck on stupid PC with stupid current-gen Fifa. PES2008 will feel so inadequate now, I was hoping Fifa next-gen would stay crap for just one more year till it's next-gen on PC so I wouldn't feel so bad.

Where can I get a 360 Premium cheap?

More thoughts, this time playing the 360 demo.

The graphics are definately nicer on the 360, colours are a lot more vibrant and the player models don't look as waxy, maybe more cartoony?

Anyone else noticing the CPU scores off free kicks half as much as it misses them?

I've noticed a few times the keeper just hasn't bothered to come off his line to pick up balls that they should come for without even hesitating. One resulted in me pressing Y to bring my keeper out, while Puyol decided he'd keep running for the ball, he gets the ball and then plays a through ball past my goalie for an own goal.

The 360 pad is much nicer to play football games with :)

This might just be me, but the game feels faster on the 360, frameright might be better? It definately felt like it moved faster, and there didn't seem as much slugishness in control of players?

This is a pretty wierd goal that the CPU scored against me
The quality of the video is not the best as it was recorded with my cell...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D7fQviyPxg

This has sort of happened to me twice, but in my case the ball flew over the standing keeper to an unmarked player right besides him who scored.

@ Jack Bauer, since you're kind of the unnoficial Fifa spokesperson around here :), could I possibly get you to comment on these points i raised, and tell me if it's the game or me?

Hello there. PES Fanboy here. :) Played the demo for 3h.

Almost everybody is raving about the demo, so I thought I'd point out some negative things about it (some of these might be because i'm not used to the game yet, so Fifa fans might tell me if it's a question of time or not.)

First and foremost, I like the game, and I think that just like PES, It has a few things that prevent it from being Football heaven. Here goes:

1 Heading. On defence at least, I'm Rio and Vidic, yet any foward from Red Bull wins almost every aerial battle against me. Pisses me off. Could it be that I have to work more to anticipate where the ball is going?

2 Goalkeeping. On the first three games I played this happened twice: cross from the wing, my goalkeeper stands still as the ball flies over and near him, striker on the 2nd post heads it home with no opposition. The GK could've just jumped for the ball.

3 Supercancel. Yes, it's there, but it doens't work the same as in PES. It cancels shots, passes and crosses, but you can't use it to "force" your player out of a rail. Many, many times I found myself wanting to meet the ball halfway and couldn't, only to see the defender intercept the ball.

4 Opposition defence. It's been said that in previous games the GKs were superhuman. Think that now defenders are superhuman. I mean, Red Bull defenders taking the ball away from Messi, Ronaldinho and Henry as easy as taking candy from a baby... (Maybe there are ways to counter this and I need to play more...)

5 Nets. The net on the training ground is not the same as in game... Why not EA?

6 Response times are still not as good as PES.

7 Finally, same as everybody else, I'm pissed cause I can't score to save my life. :)

Now, don't come to me saying I'm a party pooper or anything, I'm really enjoying the game and only wish it was perfect, but it's not. There are a lot of very good thing about the game that have been mentioned before, so I didn't bother to repeat them.

Barring any unforseen financial crisis I'll probably get this and PES. :)

Peace and enjoy.

Thx

Have a look at this passing play from the CPU :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKA0swMMJRI

People who say the gameplay is bad need to have a look at that. That is brilliant AI. Look how he picks out the striker in the middle who made a run from outside the box. The ball hits the goalie's head then the bar :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom