FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

I'm sorry, but I think the game looks crap on PS3 with HD Ready, FIFA 2007 and UEFA looked much, much better on the 360.
Must be a PS3 thing, it looks great on this 360. Apart from the faces, but they're no better or worse than FIFA 07/UEFA CL.

Nope, you couldn't resist saying "stupidly unrealistic" and getting any dig you could in at the end. Sorry, you fail the exam. :(

Just came onto say, if you're finding stab-tackling the ball away hard, and heading impossible (defensively and attackingly - even though that's not a word)... I have one thing to say.

LB/L1 is jockey and pressure.
(on Classic Alternative, will be LT on some different control setups, pause your game and have a look through the second tab of the controllers section)

It's always been :x: (PS pad)/A (Xbox pad) to pressure for the ball. I've been pressing that for six hours, not understanding why I can barely tackle. Then I paused the game and looked through the control section, and I saw it. Now, you have to press LB. The reason? Because now you can't run and pressure at the same time, you have to slow down, and I'm assuming the button has changed places so that you realise this and adapt. A lot more realistic IMO, it's hard to run like lightning and be stabbing with your feet trying to get the ball at the same time, unless you run like a crab.

And if you get a strong player, you can really knock them away in the air using this new jockey button.

Enjoy!!

Last edited:

Jonah, whilst you can have an opinion, its considered inflamatory when your opinion is not based on anything substantiated, its just mindless.

Your scores are not in the least reflective of an opinion, its more a chance to flame.

Even PES fans(and I am one of them) can never say that graphics are 1/10 that is the give away I am afraid that you are here to cause arguments rather than put forward an opinion based on fact.

just try to respect others and thier "fun" please mate

I'm not trying to just cause an arguement. It was more through shock than anything.

I've come to expect graphics on par with games like Motorstorm, NBA 2K7 etc.

In my opinion Fifa 08 doesn't even come close to next gen graphics.

Eh? Surely you should want to know ther best things and enjoy them? And THEN the bad points? It's as if you want it to be a bad game and want there to be bad points.

Don't be ridiculious with this kinda of statement ,what is wrong with wanting to know the game's drawbacks .I'm not like some people who always look at the positive aspect of a game ,I wanna everything about it wether good or bad .Please don't write stuff about me that you don't even know while I have never done the same to you :nono::nono::nono::nono:

Must be a PS3 thing, it looks great on this 360. Apart from the faces, but they're no better or worse than FIFA 07/UEFA CL.

Nope, you couldn't resist saying "stupidly unrealistic" and getting any dig you could in at the end. Sorry, you fail the exam. :(

Just came onto say, if you're finding stab-tackling the ball away hard, and heading impossible (defensively and attackingly - even though that's not a word)... I have one thing to say.

(on Classic Alternative, will be LT on some different control setups, pause your game and have a look through the second tab of the controllers section)

It's always been :x: (PS pad)/A (Xbox pad) to pressure for the ball. I've been pressing that for six hours, not understanding why I can barely tackle. Then I paused the game and looked through the control section, and I saw it. Now, you have to press LB. The reason? Because now you can't run and pressure at the same time, you have to slow down, and I'm assuming the button has changed places so that you realise this and adapt. A lot more realistic IMO, it's hard to run like lightning and be stabbing with your feet trying to get the ball at the same time, unless you run like a crab.

And if you get a strong player, you can really knock them away in the air using this new jockey button.

Enjoy!!

LB is change player though so instead of jockeying wouldn't it just change the player to someone further away?

LB is change player though so instead of jockeying wouldn't it just change the player to someone further away?
On my setup (Classic Alternative) it's not change player, it's tricks. So on your setup it won't be LB, it will be LT.

Hello there. PES Fanboy here. :)

5 Nets. The net on the training ground is not the same as in game... Why not EA?

COME ON EA!

Were you playing the PS3 version?

Can anyone confirm that the nets are different on the 360 version than in game? how different?

Gosh, I was looking forward to play around in the arena and burying some belters in the beautiful net animations..ugh!

Last edited:

Enjoy!!

Tanks mate. I'm going to try :D

Again this is my opinion but i find skills like the one below unrealistic.

I'm not 100% so i'll admit i'm kind of assuming. But is anything stopping run of the mill players doing these tricks?

Also after watching the demonstration video where they link tricks together I just don't think it looks natural.

I also don't think the ball physics look natural when he flicks it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODCyMgDNULk

After a few more games, I'm not as impressed as I thought I'd be :( The controls are really so sluggish sometimes it's unbearable. Trying to turn with the ball while the CPU just walks up and takes it away really annoys me. Manual player switching isn't working too well as it's taking a good few presses of the button to switch. And there are DEFINATELY some dodgy ref issues going on for what seems to be no contact at all.

Players also don't seem to have any body strength. It seems you can't hold onto the ball as soon as the CPU gets to you or you'll be tackled. Speaking of CPU getting to you, what happened to UCL where the CPU stood off you and you had more time on the ball, whereas now I'm being pressed as soon as I get the ball, even in defence?

I hope the 360 version is better, maybe this is the reason why PS3 owners don't seem to like it as much as the 360? :(

1. I will admit the AI is better than PES6. (Although I expect PES 2008 to be much better than PES6)

2. I guess the in game graphics are better than PES6 (On the PS2, I've never seen the 360 version so can't really compare them fairly. Like I said in my previous post I think the videos of PES 2008 on WENB.com look much better)

3. The menu's and general presentation e.g. scoreboard and timer, etc.

4. Licensing. Doesn't need explaining.

5. Skills. Although some clips looks stupidly unrealistic in Fifa 08. PES has never focused on skills and I wish more were implemented realistically.

Happy? :D

A bit better thanks;)

Come on guys ,the harder it is the better it is .At some you'll get used to the game and then you'll be able to be more efficient with heading,shooting ,passing and dribbling .I'd be dissapointed to sort of "master" the game that quickly .Patience is key ;);)

Come on guys ,the harder it is the better it is .At some you'll get used to the game and then you'll be able to be more efficient with heading,shooting ,passing and dribbling .I'd be dissapointed to sort of "master" the game that quickly .Patience is key ;);)

Yep, I said similar before. I'm having a hard time adjusting to manual passing etc, but I know if I stick with it that it'll benefit me a lot more in the long run than letting the CPU assist me in everything I do.

Waiting for my 360(i got the deathring and now it's at microsoft)

The youtube videos here all look better than the PS3 version. (it seems so)

Yep, I said similar before. I'm having a hard time adjusting to manual passing etc, but I know if I stick with it that it'll benefit me a lot more in the long run than letting the CPU assist me in everything I do.

That's the spirit ,from what I've read it's a great but a little frustating for some because of the difficulty .We're all humans (yeah it sounds lame ) ,which means we can adapt to a lot situations over a period of time .If the game is difficult then scoring great goals and stuff like that will be more enjoyable .
Peace

Is it me or have the nets gone back to steel cages:shock:

Slightly worried as this was a big point with me in past games and judging by the vids it loks like the demo's are showing the typical glue coated nets without hardly any movement.

anyone who has played agree???

OMGGGGGGG i just played the FIFA08 DEMO and its CRAP!!!
gameplay is gayer then ever before and players look like wax dolls in the sun.
Only the sound was ok, so its clear for me now.... FIFA sux more on nextgen.
This is clearly...and clearly NOT a match up againt PES6 on ps2 even.

I actually laughed at that post.

Please , please ,please just go away.

you have not added anything constructive so why post except to cause problems with othere members.

I cannot for the life of me understand why folk do it, I really can't.

I hope the 360 version is better, maybe this is the reason why PS3 owners don't seem to like it as much as the 360? :(
Usually, I'd say "not much hope mate", but from what I'm reading the PS3 version isn't as good. :eh:

I'd have to agree the graphics on the PS3 version aren't up to much and the player models do look waxy and very odd. Man, bring on the 360 version. I'm not enjoying football on this pad either :(

Usually, I'd say "not much hope mate", but from what I'm reading the PS3 version isn't as good. :eh:

Yeah, it does seem like there's a difference between the two. Well, we'll see if the European Marketplace gets FIFA in 23 minutes ...

It's not bad, it's just not football to me. I just like the way PES plays more, I feel more in control with PES. but maybe i'm wrong, but still PES for me, i'd even still play PES 6 over Fifa 08. call me a fanboy, but I know what I like.

Oh right.. thought you were using the default controls. Did you change?
I have to have shoot as :circle:/B, and I have to have player select as LT and sprint as RT. So the only control method I can use is classic alternate.

Seriously though, that jockey button (LT/LB) makes the world of difference, brilliant rework of the pressure system... This is the kind of thing Konami needs to be doing (in my opinion), reworking it instead of tweaking it. Replacing the screws instead of tightening them.

i played about 5 games till now and i like the game i just need some more time to get the feeling you know? guys can you help me i cant get sound from my surrond when i am playing fifa 08 only ( and all the ea sports demos any ideas pls thanks so much )

Back
Top Bottom