FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

I don't mind if someone says he doesn't like the demo. But some hints at why would be apreciated. And I wouldn't trust anyone who has spent less than 3 or 4 hours into the demo. I've been a pesfan for years, but even the PC demo (last gen) has impressive collisions and AI, in a level PES has never reached, so simply bashing a game won't work for the clever people, be it pes or fifa.

amem.. u said it all. :applause:

Just finished playing my 5th game on the PS3.

my conclusion:

Graphics: 1/10. This game does not look next gen. While playing the graphics aren't impressive and get even worse when there is a reply or sequence. They just look fake and far too shiney.

The players also look nothing like there real-life counterparts and again have that ape like look. After the game I had Vidic and G Neville walking off the pitch together. Vidic is the same size as Neville and looks like he weighs about 17 stone.

The compressed videos filmed on a tv screen of PES 2008 look better than this game.

Audio: 3/10. When the crowd do react to whats going on it's quite impressive. However half the time they don't. Your the home team, have a great shot thats been put behind for a corner and there is just silence. (Maybe this will be sorted for the full game)

Gameplay: 1/10. This is the worst football games i've played for years (basically the last time I played a Fifa game). If this is a big improvement on Fifa 07 I seriously dread to think what that was like. The ball just floats around like a balloon.

It plays nothing like real-life football. I can only think that people who are saying the opposite have never watched/played a game of football before.

Basically. PES is king for another year.

Brilliant!

I've just gone through the PS3 thread taking PSN names, and you'd be surprised how many FIFA haters own PS3's. Just an interesting fact.

my conclusion:

Graphics: 1/10. This game does not look next gen. While playing the graphics aren't impressive and get even worse when there is a reply or sequence. They just look fake and far too shiney.

The players also look nothing like there real-life counterparts and again have that ape like look. After the game I had Vidic and G Neville walking off the pitch together. Vidic is the same size as Neville and looks like he weighs about 17 stone.

The compressed videos filmed on a tv screen of PES 2008 seriously look better than this game. (I'm playing in HD by the way)

Audio: 3/10. When the crowd do react to whats going on it's quite impressive. However half the time they don't. Your the home team, have a great shot thats been put behind for a corner and there is just silence. (Maybe this will be sorted for the full game)

Gameplay: 1/10. This is the worst football games i've played for years (basically the last time I played a Fifa game). If this is a big improvement on Fifa 07 I seriously dread to think what that was like. The ball just floats around like a balloon.

It plays nothing like real-life football. I can only think that people who are saying the opposite have never watched/played a game of football before.

I'm glad you atleast gave reasons.

Just played this 3 hours straight...

don't like it.

Too much like FIFA 07. Never shifts out of first gear, players take so bloody long to turn sometimes, you're tapping A shouting pass while your players still stuck in a turning animation (that stupid one where the player spreads his legs and does that stupid 180 jump).

Graphics are exactly the same, kit texture is a bit better, more holes and things, skin textures have been ruined, they've gone over the top. Facial skin looks more like lumpy oatmeal or something. Crowd looks a bit better though.

Last edited:

I am also very dissapointed about the graphis. Perhaps it is the PS3. The Intro and Replays don't look good. Also the faces don't look like the real life faces (as Jonah-man said)

my conclusion:

The compressed videos filmed on a tv screen of PES 2008 seriously look better than this game. (I'm playing in HD by the way)

Gameplay: 1/10. This is the worst football game i've played for years (the last time I played a Fifa game). If this is a big improvement on Fifa 07 I seriously dread to think what that was like. The ball just floats around like a balloon.

LMFAO

Is there a pattern here? PS3 owners seem to be absolute fanboys in every sense.

don't like it.

Too much like FIFA 07. Never shifts out of first gear, players take so bloody long to turn sometimes, you're tapping A shouting pass while your players still stuck in a turning animation.

Graphics are exactly the same, kit texture is a bit better, more holes and things, skin textures have been ruined, they've gone over the top. Facial skin looks more like lumpy oatmeal or something. Crowd looks a bit better though.

Wow! and one of the things that I disliked about UECL was how sluggish the players felt on turns. But this is something that I'm sure can be fixed in future releases.

One question to you or anyone else who's played this game;

Does the ball feel heavy or not?

don't like it.

Too much like FIFA 07. Never shifts out of first gear, players take so bloody long to turn sometimes, you're tapping A shouting pass while your players still stuck in a turning animation.

Thats great cus I liked FIFA07 and it seems that all the probs in it have been ironed out.Not bothered about facial modeling to be honest because its what it looks like from a far.

Anyway if you dont like it then thats your opinion and I am sure like alot of people will be well impressed with Pes.

Wow! and one of the things that I disliked about UECL was how sluggish the players felt on turns. But this is something that I'm sure can be fixed in future releases.

Ball does feel quite heavy. A lot of shots go along the ground now which is great. And Jay666, it's a huge improvement of UCL. Mostly the shooting and heading has improved, but it's also a lot harder.

It is funny how everyone liked FIFA through the day, yet after tea-time the haters come out to play :) I think some people might go on the ignore list though, can't be bothered with fanboys not giving one thing or another a chance and bashing a game for no reason other than it can't possibly be better than their beloved. Not enough time in life to read childish rubbish, I'd rather read the normal, intelligent comments most people on here make :)

well im confused now too..
maybe its only man utd agasint barcelona, beacause it could mean somekind of rivarly? althogh i never heard of a barca vs united beeing rivals.

there is a kind of a rivalry they're, we've played them quite a lot over the last 20 years, maybe you're right

Guys, I just want you all to know that my excitement has sky rocketed to a higher level after reading your impressions on the demo. The only impression that seemed sort of disapointing to me was that of Gomito. However, he still said the game was great.

It really does sound as if EA has nailed it with this one. I can't wait to get home and play it. And when the game comes out, I will play it till my eyes and hands bleed! lol

I am looking forward to mastering it considering how high the learning curve seems to be.

Games should be mastered first before drawing any conclusions from them.

ROLL ON 4:30pm Estern Time!!!!
well i might have to take back what i said! I was playing at lunch and i was getting pissd off cause i was sucking, then i became bayern munich and changned the passing to semi assist, and i started kicking ass and the beatuy of the game came out. This isnt a game you can play once and be good at it, the controlls and evertyhing is so different. You have to give it lots and lots of time. Dont expect to pick it up and start winning like in pro evo...

Yeah the ball feels a bit better, you can ping it a bit more. Only managed to score 2 goals in the demo, both of these I was clean through the defence (from long balls, through ball seems to have been changed to automatically give the ball away button). Can't imagine scoring in a crowded box, it's too sluggish to turn and hit a quick pass to where you want it to go :(

It is funny how everyone liked FIFA through the day, yet after tea-time the haters come out to play :) I think some people might go on the ignore list though, can't be bothered with fanboys not giving one thing or another a chance and bashing a game for no reason other than it can't possibly be better than their beloved. Not enough time in life to read childish rubbish, I'd rather read the normal, intelligent comments most people on here make :)

All the kids have come home from school ;)

Little big planet?

Well, that's one of the games I'm looking forward the most to, but by the time I bought my PS3, I didn't know anything about it. I just felt like getting one, it wouldn't change anything buying it on March or September, since the price would be the same.

I should have gone to a Xbox instead. Now it's too late. Asshole.

Well, the download is almost complete. Finally. :eek:

I don't have the demo. Heck, I don't even have a next-gen console. BUT, I remember lead designer talking in an interview about the fact that rivalries exist and affected the players. Matches between rivals would affect a lot the player performance and would make the crowd react a little louder.

Now, it's obvious than Madrid are the big rivals for Barcelona, but I think they should have defined some european rivalries, maybe based on recent fixtures. Taking that into consideration, it's ages barcelona played inter for the last time in european cups. But teams as Chelsea and Manchester could be considered easily (and Bayern also) as usual european rivals. That would explain it and would be great. And would be even better if that could be edited in some way (though I don't think so).

Does that make any sense? Does it match the recent Manchester - Inter fixtures, or Bayern ones?

my conclusion:

Gameplay: 1/10. This is the worst football game i've played for years (the last time I played a Fifa game). If this is a big improvement on Fifa 07 I seriously dread to think what that was like. The ball just floats around like a balloon.

so you are saying that PES has better graphics? :lol:

Yeah the ball feels a bit better, you can ping it a bit more. Only managed to score 2 goals in the demo, both of these I was clean through the defence (from long balls, through ball seems to have been changed to automatically give the ball away button). Can't imagine scoring in a crowded box, it's too sluggish to turn and hit a quick pass to where you want it to go :(

I suppose some of these players feel sluggish in the box due to their attributes. Try turning and shooting with C. Ronaldo. let me know..

;-)

Back
Top Bottom