FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

I don't get why bother posting then, Thomas and Ernesito. If it's just to bash FIFA you had better kept your mouths shut.

go to the winning eleven topic and count my posts, of course if you can find some.

besides, yes i love PES and as long as seabass is alive, PES will always be better. but this doesnt mean that i am not able to be objective. i played the demo and its typical EA. if you guys love the game then love it, tastes are always different.

Simply by saying about Seabass meaning the game will always be better is a PERFECT example of a fanboy. Regardless of how Konami change PES every year, even if they just update graphics, PES will be better than FIFA making huge strides? Of course it will, just because Seabass is behind it! :lmao:

Are you stupid or what ??
Because you love this game, all need love it too ? :-k

Not really TG, but look how many people have moved over from PES to FIFA from the 08 showing? FIFA is clearly impressing a LOT of people. And to be so stubborn and say it's as bad as the past ones (which it clearly isn't when you look at how many have "converted" to FIFA) is a load of rubbish.

Let everyone have there own opinion here. If they don't like it, then that's their opinion. However, it would be nice to hear some reasons why they don't like it?

don't know whether this has been answered yet but i think "the flaming football" next to a teams name signifies domestic champions

I think thomas et al will always have a slant toward a game they know is already good.

if you have played PES all the time then FIFA is going to be difficult to grasp, especially in 3/4 games.

Even so, people are entitled to say what they like and dislike albeit somewhat contradictory to everyone else's opinions

Let everyone have there own opinion here. If they don't like it, then that's their opinion. However, it would be nice to hear some reasons why they don't like it?

Exactly. You can't just go saying it's as bad as the previous FIFA's, which is a ridiculous comment as nearly everything has improved. If it's your opinion that it has improved but still isn't as good as FIFA, then say so. And explain why it isn't, explain what PES does better and how it does it better. Constructive critisism, not "it's crap and like the others".

Guys, I just want you all to know that my excitement has sky rocketed to a higher level after reading your impressions on the demo. The only impression that seemed sort of disapointing to me was that of Gomito. However, he still said the game was great.

It really does sound as if EA has nailed it with this one. I can't wait to get home and play it. And when the game comes out, I will play it till my eyes and hands bleed! lol

I am looking forward to mastering it considering how high the learning curve seems to be.

Games should be mastered first before drawing any conclusions from them.

ROLL ON 4:30pm Estern Time!!!!

Last edited:

:lol:

so many dazzled fifa players here. this is a fifa topic and i only said that the game is bad. it was my first or seconds post here. whats your problem? bashing on thomas but not able to accept other people's opinion.

and i am sure that YOU will be the first to play PES day and night.

oh, if you dont want me (or thomas) to post here because we dont like fifa, why dont you leave the forum then (this is mainly a PES/WE forum)?

I don't mind if someone says he doesn't like the demo. But some hints at why would be apreciated. And I wouldn't trust anyone who has spent less than 3 or 4 hours into the demo. I've been a pesfan for years, but even the PC demo (last gen) has impressive collisions and AI, in a level PES has never reached, so simply bashing a game won't work for the clever people, be it pes or fifa.

Guys, I just want you all to know that my excitement has sky rocketed to a higher level after reading your impressions on the demo. The only impression that seemed sort of disapointing to me was that of Gomito. However, he still said the game was great.

It really does sound as if EA has nailed it with this one. I can't wait to get home and play it. And when the game comes out, I will play it till my eyes and hands bleed! lol

I am looking forward to mastering it considering how high the learning curve seems to be.

Games should be mastered first before drawing any conclusions on them.

ROLL ON 4:30pm Estern Time!!!!

I think I'm outta here at 3:30 Easter Time. Can't wait to try it.

Just finished playing my 5th game on the PS3.

my conclusion:

Graphics: 1/10. This game does not look next gen. While playing the graphics aren't impressive and get even worse when there is a reply or sequence. They just look fake and far too shiney.

The players also look nothing like there real-life counterparts and again have that ape like look. After the game I had Vidic and G Neville walking off the pitch together. Vidic is the same size as Neville and looks like he weighs about 17 stone.

The compressed videos filmed on a tv screen of PES 2008 seriously look better than this game. (I'm playing in HD by the way)

Audio: 3/10. When the crowd do react to whats going on it's quite impressive. However half the time they don't. Your the home team, have a great shot thats been put behind for a corner and there is just silence. (Maybe this will be sorted for the full game)

Gameplay: 1/10. This is the worst football game i've played for years (the last time I played a Fifa game). If this is a big improvement on Fifa 07 I seriously dread to think what that was like. The ball just floats around like a balloon.

It plays nothing like real-life football. I can only think that people who are saying the opposite have never watched/played a game of football before.

Basically. PES is king for another year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom