FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

In the arena move the D-pad in any direction and it will place the ball on the ground there, for either freekick or penalty, depending where Ronnie is standing, that way you can practice freekicks and penalties :) I think we need to make a video showing the massive amount of ways you can take pennos in Fifa08, show another football game designer how it's done ;) I conceded a penalty to Red Bull and Angel hit a "Panenka", chipped it right down the middle, sneaky git!

Cancel is LT+RT according to the controller layout which you can see if you look in the options :)

its only hard becuase we are all used to playing the PES way

pretend your playing real football and you will be ok :)

dont rush forward and look for gaps before you pass, dont be afraid to hold onto the ball till someone creates space ;)

truth coopz...i was struggling in my first macthes of UCL becasue of the PES mindset... after i start playing like real football things changed...
thats why im not struggling in this demo.

Brunnoce, the thing is that we are downloading it from the UK store, not the US one. Weird.

yeh it is weird. i highly doubt they will postpone that much all the ps3 versions..specially with sony and EA having the agreement for the interactive world cup this year..i would assume EA wouldnt want to give MS any edge.

Well alot of us are sitting here scratching our arses thinking
"how can such a high profile demo feck up at the last minute"

Anyway, rumour has it that its available at 9pm for us UK and European XBL pleb holders but I am not holding my breath to be honest.

In the meantime I can atleast get an idea by reading all the fantastic feedback from those lucky enough to play it.

Seems to me that EA have cracked it\\:o/

EDIT** Can someone please upload a decent game to youtube to tie us over

Last edited:

I scored my first beauty, a half volley from Scholes from the edge of the box, it looked fantastic.

Can someone make a player video just like WENB did of PES at Leipzig? I would like to see how Nani, Tevez, Toni, Anderson, van der Sar etc. looks.

Oh my God, I'm still downloading it. About 50% in a hour and a half on a 8mb/s line. Nice.

I might make some videos later tonight, though I still have a STTV.

its only hard becuase we are all used to playing the PES way

pretend your playing real football and you will be ok :)

dont rush forward and look for gaps before you pass, dont be afraid to hold onto the ball till someone creates space ;)

Exactly.

This is real football. The unrealistic PES way of playing football doesn't work:applause:

Is it just me or does the 360 version looks better than the PS3 version?
Maybe it's because I have the ps3 trough HDMI and 360 is component but the colours and especially the lightning is much better on the 360 version. Could also possibly be because of different stadiums in each demo but I notice the difference in Arena mode aswell.

Is it just me or does the 360 version looks better than the PS3 version?
Maybe it's because I have the ps3 trough HDMI and 360 is component but the colours and especially the lightning is much better on the 360 version. Could also possibly be because of different stadiums in each demo but I notice the difference in Arena mode aswell.
Colours and lightning could be different, but overall it must be kinda the same.;)

so, i played the ps3 demo and the game is as bad as the past ones.
Haha, I think you're a real PES fanboy who didn't even gave the demo a chance.

Just played 3 games and i think it is very hard to play. Why does the PS3 Demo don't have the Allianz Arena:(

But for me it isn't better than PES. Perhaps after a couple of more matches i change my opinion but at the moment i still prefere PES.

Last edited:

Haha, I think you're a real PES fanboy who didn't even gave the demo a chance.

go to the winning eleven topic and count my posts, of course if you can find some.

besides, yes i love PES and as long as seabass is alive, PES will always be better. but this doesnt mean that i am not able to be objective. i played the demo and its typical EA. if you guys love the game then love it, tastes are always different.

Me too, i don't like this game.
I don't like you.

go to the winning eleven topic and count my posts, of course if you can find some.

besides, yes i love PES and as long as seabass is alive, PES will always be better. but this doesnt mean that i am not able to be objective. i played the demo and its typical EA. if you guys love the game then love it, tastes are always different.
First you deny it, then you admit it......

Back
Top Bottom