FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Played another 6 or so halfs, ended up playing barca - red bull the most as i got used to the team. Another couple of impressions.

Heading is tough, the timing is difficult for in the area. So atm for me its still a bit hit and miss. Although ive noticed when using a different timing it gets better, but its getting used to it.

Im still somewhat, or alot, in the pes mode of playing atm. A few times its clicked into gear for me and ive been passing it around really well and actually creating chances! Ive found that you have to look for runs and pass into space accordingly, wereas with pes, and how im used to playing, i pass the ball to the player and then make something happen. In fifa it actually rewards you for using your teammates' runs properly instead of trying to force it. Its hard to explain actually, but it works really well once you do start playing that way. Im still going between that and the pes way of passing it forward to your striker to see what he can do. That usually ends up losing possesion as the defense has excellent positioning.

Also the AI looks really good atm, i was passing it about along the back to keep possesion, and to get them to booo, and the opposition kept pushing more up field starting to mark my defenders giving me little options to pass to. As i was using barca and i have the 2 wingers i saw messi open on the wing on the radar and hit a long diagonal pass his way. It worked as the defender couldnt cover fast enough and i was away on a counter. Didnt score mind :lol:

In the matches ive played so far ive scored two low tap ins with the goalie running out, and rebound off the post and a rebound of the goalie and a chest and hit in the area. Ive conceded a couple of headers and a beautiful j.p.angel freekick. I havent managed a header yet as im still getting used to both the crossing and the header timing.

Last edited:

Tevez really does look awful, either they've made his face without knowing what he looks like or they've used a really old photo from a bad angle with coffee spilt all over it.

And he looks likes an oil painting in real life? lol. Tevez' neck is scarred from having boiling water on it as a child, its funny that you are complaining about this guy, of all people!

Anyway, the game looks amazing. I'm won over, but as a PS3 owner will have to wait I guess...

Guys, I don't know if anyone else noticed, but the game description says the game will be shipped on October 16, 2007. :eek:

Amazing. Wow this is gonna be the one, seriously. I can't believe people actually had said it's the just the same old FIFA. It's nothing like it. EA have made a great footy game. I'm still in shock but it's just right. If it plays like this on Semi Pro imaging legendary. I can't wait.

Game is good.
Love the movement from my team mates.
Dissapointed by Man Unt missing a bunch of chances when i didnt know the controls too well.
But its only Semi Pro which i believe is the 2nd level of difficulty.

AI makes good atttacking moves mixing it up between wings and central play

Cant wait to play licensed Forest in the MasterLeague lol.

ONLY Semi-pro? this game is brutal at that setting for the novices like myself...:(

And he looks likes an oil painting in real life? lol. Tevez' neck is scarred from having boiling water on it as a child, its funny that you are complaining about this guy, of all people!

Jack's just saying the face they've modelled for him doesn't look too much like his real life face, he's not complaining about how Tevez looks in real life ;)

BTW nobody has mentioned all the nice, best features have been robbed from pes, supercancel and shot fake. :)

Played another 6 or so halfs, ended up playing barca - red bull the most as i got used to the team. Another couple of impressions.

Heading is tough, the timing is difficult for in the area. So atm for me its still a bit hit and miss. Although ive noticed when using a different timing it gets better, but its getting used to it.

Im still somewhat, or alot, in the pes mode of playing atm. A few times its clicked into gear for me and ive been passing it around really well and actually creating chances! Ive found that you have to look for runs and pass into space accordingly, wereas with pes, and how im used to playing, i pass the ball to the player and then make something happen. In fifa it actually rewards you for using your teammates' runs properly instead of trying to force it. Its hard to explain actually, but it works really well once you do start playing that way. Im still going between that and the pes way of passing it forward to your striker to see what he can do. That usually ends up losing possesion as the defense has excellent positioning.

Also the AI looks really good atm, i was passing it about along the back to keep possesion, and to get them to booo, and the opposition kept pushing more up field starting to mark my defenders giving me little options to pass to. As i was using barca and i have the 2 wingers i saw messi open on the wing on the radar and hit a long diagonal pass his way. It worked as the defender couldnt cover fast enough and i was away on a counter. Didnt score mind :lol:

In the matches ive played so far ive scored two low tap ins with the goalie running out, and rebound off the post and a rebound of the goalie and a chest and hit in the area. Ive conceded a couple of headers and a beautiful j.p.angel freekick. I havent managed a header yet as im still getting used to both the crossing and the header timing.

But for me when i watch a real match of football. it seems like most of the time defenders will give you this space in the back but NOT in this game? every team presses which i think is abit too unrealistic I just want SOME mobilty and I see none so far. i really hope that the lowest setting is easier to keep possession. In regards to the difficulty. i belive its all well and good for those WANTING that but it should be in the later difficulties not so much so on the 2nd highest? I could be wrong to many people. but NOT being able to score in like 20 games IS frustrating and will deter people trust me. this game is UBER hard and even thoiugh it might "feel" reqarding it's still duanting to pick up and just have fun with...

i am not complaining just observing otherwise it's brilliant this year. i just want the lowest difficulty to give us more freedom...If it doesn't? it's not fair to the novice player

To EAs credit though i played the demo of NHl 08 and at a default that wa son semipro but the full retails rookie setting is JUST RIGHT for me so hopefully this logic goes onto fifa's game

BTW nobody has mentioned all the nice, best features have been robbed from pes, supercancel and shot fake. :)

Because PES was the first ever football game and invented everything it ever included itself? ;)

PES stole single player control mode from Libero Grande, so there ;)

i am not complaining just observing otherwise it's brilliant this year. i just want the lowest difficulty to give us more freedom...If it doesn't? it's not fair to the novice player

From my experiences with UCL 360 the lower skill levels do tend to press you less and give you more time on the ball :)

yeah i don't want to be pressed non stop. thats what i have always found a problem in WE/PES.

UCL was different though. I remember having space at the back to pass the ball around.

Placebo I didnt mean it in a nasty way? I was saying they took the best features from the other game!

I like this but its fucking hard

wont let me sign up to xbox live, says unable try later! :(

absolutley gutted wait all day, get home and then i cant play it.

EDIT: The message i get is:

Xbox live signup is currently unavailble. Please try again later.

Guys, I don't know if anyone else noticed, but the game description says the game will be shipped on October 16, 2007. :eek:

thats right miguel...but its only the ps3 US version...
the EU version still out on the 28th sept. good for PS3 US users that the ps3 games are all region free..so they can just buy(import) the EURO version at the 28th if they dont wanna wait till oct. 16th..

in the other hand people like me 360 US users will have to wait till bloody oct. 9th to get our hands on this masterpiece! DAMN!

i wanna play the full verison now..this game is just incredbile... feels like real football. no more conter-attack paredise like in PES.
i think after this FISH(Seabass) will have to start working in something new, not the ol'bull.

its only hard becuase we are all used to playing the PES way

pretend your playing real football and you will be ok :)

dont rush forward and look for gaps before you pass, dont be afraid to hold onto the ball till someone creates space ;)

Back
Top Bottom