FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Back in the office now, my download is complete, but I can't play it. Bittersweet feelings are rubbish.

Hopefully PES and FIFA will both be excellent. People refusing to play one because they have an affinity with the other are extremely narrow-minded.

You're joking, right? I've already had three or four messages saying "what are you playing that shit for, PES is king", when they haven't even played the demo - and will never play the demo.

I hope the game is so good as you describe ;). Beacuse last year you said fifa 07 is better as pes6. But for me is pes6 much better. So i am not suprised about your fifa08 impressions. We will see.

By any chance could the Red Bull's have been harder to break down because they were a crappy team (i assume) compared to man utd so they played uber defensive?

I am saying this without playing PES 08 obviously but in my opinion, pro evo is now dead to me. Nothing can get better than this except FIFA 09 :D That is how good this game is.

Back in the office now, my download is complete, but I can't play it. Bittersweet feelings are rubbish.

Hopefully PES and FIFA will both be excellent. People refusing to play one because they have an affinity with the other are extremely narrow-minded.

Yes they are.

But I will buy the best game. It's useless to buy both if one is better.

Hopefully Fifa 08 will be better than PES 2008 because Konami needs to wake up.

I am saying this without playing PES 08 obviously but in my opinion, pro evo is now dead to me. Nothing can get better than this except FIFA 09 :D That is how good this game is.

wow thats a big call! well, i think i will be the same, from what u guys are saying this game sounds like perfection, i just hope u are all still making these positive comments after playing for a few days, dear god ive crossed over to the dark side! now i cant wait for fifa!

And I'm noticing more difference between each player now. I've never felt in a football game that I'm "powering my way" through the defence but I just took hold of Rooney and even though defenders were chasing him, he was just too strong for them and peeled away to shoot. Like a powerhouse, they just couldn't bring him down.

This is bad

Cheers Coopz, lovely bit of skill there mate! This really does look brilliant!

Is it a full match or just one half?

This is bad
Not really, it only takes one good tackle to bring him down. Just like real life, if you've got big upper body strength he's going to be hard to stop when you're trying to pull him and shove him, but if you tackle the ball away then the danger is over.

Snoop, one half, but then you go back to the menu and you can start another one instantly.

How is the dribbling, no one's really mentioned it yet.

It was my main gripe with FIFA 07 along with the slow passing and floaty balls.

Does the ball still feel floaty or is it heavier?

right i have some skills for you

always holding LT

Down, Up = Rainbow
Up, Down = Heel kick
Up, Up, Down = Over the shoulder
// or \\ (thats diagonal down-left/right x2) Van Persie roll
Full circle = Roulette
Down, Down = Ronaldo chop

That all i know what im doing, the others pull off when they want :)

This is the best football game I've ever played! I switched to PES a couple of years ago and had given up on EA. But boy do they deliver this time around! This is only a demo but I'm so excited! I have not seen anything to complain on so far. It took me around 4 games to score my first goal and this is on semi-pro.

btw if anyone is desperate to see in in action i can set up my webcam for a bit

Not really, it only takes one good tackle to bring him down. Just like real life, if you've got big upper body strength he's going to be hard to stop when you're trying to pull him and shove him, but if you tackle the ball away then the danger is over.

Snoop, one half, but then you go back to the menu and you can start another one instantly.

I think riccardomodena was trying to say he hopes that players do not act like super Adriano in PES 6

I think riccardomodena was trying to say he hopes that players do not act like super Adriano in PES 6
Trust me, they don't. It's very hard, but very realistic.

How is the dribbling, no one's really mentioned it yet.
I managed to get around two or three players before, as I've already said, but only using a player like Ronaldo. Anyone big and slow and you haven't got enough momentum, you're too slow and bulky. But pass to a skilful player and you can dribble brilliantly. The response times are good enough this time.

Does the ball still feel floaty or is it heavier?
To me they're spot on. Improved from UEFA CL I think, but still floaty compared to PES (I think all of the physics are 100% right though, I think playing too much PES can make you see problems that aren't there - e.g. my brother-in-law says the pitches on FIFA are "massive, the players look like ants", but Seabass has said in interviews the pitches on PES are purposefully smaller than in real life to encourage more pressing for the ball).

Anyone playing with all options set to manual? Manual passing etc.?
Playing with everything on manual is way way harder than playing pes thats for sure :)

IDemo impressions

Semi-pro difficulty plays very tightly. almost every team in the demo gives you a challenge when they shouldn't. I am very interested to see if the rookie level allows you to have more freedom as the semi-pro difficulty does not. I hardly got a shot on goal let alone able to get to the golaine with a attacker. the control scheme I was using was the default and it did not suit my playing style at all. I switched through a few and am very happy with (new alt)along with having all playing styles at a manual setting.

I played about 6 halves? Never scored,never got inside the penalty once and always felt UBER pressured. I am HOPING rookie is lighter on the novice...

The game looks.feels superb. The framerate is improved the camera moves very smoothly and so far the soundtrack is great!

Animation-wise this is arguably the best. Ronaldo (MU) really plays like himself, as well as many others like Rhonaldino and Rooney.

Grass look good,overall just better than UEFA CL and a big step over Fifa 07 :)

Now that Kouroux (I think it was) mentioned the defensive headers, I'm noticing that they can still be iffy. In most games they've been fine but I just played the Red Bulls (dying for an easy win) and I was very rarely able to get my head to the ball in defence. Realistic, because their players were getting into position well (and weren't moving when I tried to shove them out of the way), but frustrating none-the-less.

Also I'm finding it really hard to shoot. You play in the arena with Ronaldinho and you're like "wow, this is incredible" (the way you can pinpoint the aim has to be seen to be believed). But when you're not the world's greatest player (or third greatest player according to FourFourTwo), I'm finding it extremely hard to shoot. I haven't had a shot on target in something like four halves now, and this is Man U v Red Bulls we're talking about.

But I like it hard (ahem) and everything is spot on. The pace, the responsiveness, the passing, the shooting (as long as I can score sometime soon)... Even the goalkeepers, who were my biggest worry. I'm ecstatic.

same kind of impressions as mine. I just really wanna try out rookie now

Back
Top Bottom