FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Just tried desperately to reach a header in midfield when I knew I wouldn't reach the ball. Fell flat on my face. What a class game this is.

I am saying this without playing PES 08 obviously but in my opinion, pro evo is now dead to me. Nothing can get better than this except FIFA 09 :D That is how good this game is.

just stole my words noted!
i am very very impressed..i was alreayd having big hopes for this game, but evan than i still got impressed..the game is the best football game ive played to date...no doubt about it.

about the scorng guys, im not having problems like u describe... i played about 20 halves..and scored about 16 times.. only in 2 games i manged to score twice..
and theyre both agains red bull, using inter milan, althoug adriano is not supre adriano from pes6(no where near) he is really good..his shoot is fierced..like it shoudl...and hes slow as a turtle..but if its a poor defender convering u , u can try to run him over with the "tank".

shooting is fantastic in the game...aboslutly organic!

about the GK, i did see some small issues...somtimes they just dive way too late.. but nothing that bothers me.

Thank u EA for delivering the real next-gen football simulator!!

CANT WAIT FOR EVOWEB LEAGUE!

Jack, you've gotten bored of FIFA already? I see you playing COD4 beta ;)

hey guys...because its so hard to score...are you feeling satisfied (like in PES) when you score?? With the, you know, OMG I SCORED!! thing going on.

I see you playing COD4 beta ;)
The missus has taken over. "Either you're on Evo-Web or you're on FIFA". So here I am while she shoots some hostiles. She wears the trousers mate... By the way, I forgot to update the price on my Game Wishlist, thanks for that. £650, Christ alive.

hey guys...because its so hard to score...are you feeling satisfied (like in PES) when you score?? With the, you know, OMG I SCORED!! thing going on.
Definitely. Very good point as well.

Some bad points, there's no supercancel from what I've seen, and about once every two games there's an instance where your player's following the ball and you want to move him away. But A) nowhere near the level it happens in Pro Evo, and B) never in an area where you don't want to lose the ball, usually by the sideline at the middle of the field. And not being able to score is seriously doing my head in!

Last edited:

The missus has taken over. "Either you're on Evo-Web or you're on FIFA". So here I am while she shoots some hostiles. She wears the trousers mate...

Hehe unlucky :)

Any comments from anyone about the audio? I know people have said the crowd boo when the away team has too long, any chants? Any crowd reactions when the away team scores? Any sending off's?

Has anyone found out the exact right stick motion to do the flipflap? i was messing about with the right stick and it just happend (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hN69DOmoGo). Also for some reason i still feel that the response time in pro evo are still better and im finding it v.hard for my defenders to stay close to the striker and pressure him...any tips??

i remember struggling to score with the fifa 07 and ULC demos - I think that was due to the crappy shooting.

But as they've fixed that its good to knew they didn't just improve shooting and leave the rest of the game alone - but tweak that as well so its balanced.

-

And the PS store is shit - ive no idea why. Demo's come on XBL all the time and the PS store gets nothing - still no skate demo.

It's like they only care about the exclusive games (at least on the uk servers - ive noticed the us ones have a few ea demos) or they assume everyone has a 360 as well so why bother putting the demo online when they'll be playing it on that.

What a load of crap - get your head out of your ass sony and give us a real PSN store!

I tried that viewing that webcam before but all I could see was John Barnes playing a guitar :S

Lol same as me mate, either the footy tricks or the guitar. Clicking the live stream doesn't do anything.

So guys, some of your ardent PES fans I take it, has the series hit the buffers this year to be outdone by EA? 5v5 online sounds quite enticing.

Hard to say because we havnt played PES 2008 yet. But so far, without a shadow of doubt YES!

Could someone please upload the demo to usenet asap?
That would be really great!

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for asking this again, but I'm really jealous at you guys.:(

Scored a freekick with Ribery on my first try. I remember the freekicks being redicoulosly easy on Fifa 07 PC, hope it's not the same this time.

When in arena mode try these moves out.

Hold LT and click R Stick to that mexican move where you jump with the ball trapped between your feet.

Stand still, hold LT and tap RB to juggle with the ball. Then move the stick around to cool tricks in the air.

Really enjoying this, but can't understand how to defend crosses. I hardly ever seem to get close to the ball.

is the shooting improved, cos that was terrible in Fifa 07 and UCL
Thirty seconds in the arena is enough to show you that the shooting is the best there ever has been in a football game.

Scoring in an actual match though is frigging impossible, not because of the shooting but because of the rock-hard defenders... I scored in one of my first three halves, since then I've gone over ten without scoring (and barely hitting the target).

Back
Top Bottom