FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Scratch that I want it now, how do I get a Singapore account?

Or is American better? Do I have to pay extra, do I need a new name or do I keep RandomLovePump?

the instructions are posted a few pages back - around the 140 mark

basically just set up a new hotmail account with a singapore address and then link that with a new gamertag

i dont even think im gonna try the PES demo when it comes out now because this game is superb

People actually have pace in this game so you can outrun people, i just tried running with scholes and caught up and out muscled very quick.

running with ronaldo is brilliant, hes very quick and i keep throwing a few skills moves in for good measure

the strength of players is briliant as well, as i said before scholes got pushed off the ball easilly but you aint getting the ball off Rooney that easy let me tell you

Nick, its really easy. Sign upf ro a hotmail account with a singpore address, then sign into it on your xbox. Easy.

Go to Hotmail.com, create a new account. From the countries section, choose Singapore (better speeds than US if you're in the UK, from my experience). You will need to find a random Singapore address and postcode though, otherwise it won't work. Placebo posted a link to the Singapore Yellow Pages before, makes it a lot easier.

Once you've done that, you make a new account on the 360, connect it to Live (you don't need to pay or put a credit card number, you just select Silver membership). Then hey presto, you're done.

Bugger, will only use hotmail.co.uk , how do I get it different than UK?

I got a singapore account and didn't even type in a real e-mail adress. Just write "dfdfdf@fdsf.com" or something...it doesn't matter. You don't need to create a new mail adress. Just go into xbox-live and create a new account.

What does the football on fire mean on the team selection? It keeps appearing randomly above Man Utd's name...?

What does the football on fire mean on the team selection? It keeps appearing randomly above Man Utd's name...?

Was literally about to ask that. It's only when you do Barca-Man U i think. What the hell is it. Maybe they step their game up for the big matches? Not sure

To me they're spot on. Improved from UEFA CL I think, but still floaty compared to PES (I think all of the physics are 100% right though, I think playing too much PES can make you see problems that aren't there - e.g. my brother-in-law says the pitches on FIFA are "massive, the players look like ants", but Seabass has said in interviews the pitches on PES are purposefully smaller than in real life to encourage more pressing for the ball).

Noooooooooooooooooooooo

is the ball still floaty ???

It was the only one thing i hope EA improve!

Off-topic. Jack, how do you work your game list to add to £350? The September games alone will cost £160 at £40 a piece?

just created an Ozzy account and i'm currently at 2%.
gonna go gym now and try it when i get back. i'm just trying to keep a grip on my expectations seeing as though everyone is saying such positive things :)

Just scored my first goal with feet. Was clean through with Henry and a typical Henry tap in. So happy tap-ins are finally in and they dont do power shots when one on one.

I feel sick. I need to go home.

In fact, how are all of you NOT at work? Lazy so-and-so's! ;)

Just won my first game against Marseille. Saha come off the bench, Ronaldo crosses, goes over the defense leaving Saha in the clear to nod home. Very satisfying!.

Simply the best soccer game so far...

I've played about ten matches (halves).
It's new learning experience for me. If you attempt to play this game the same way you play PES you'll get pumped. Hands down.
I set all options to manual. That is shooting, crossing, short, long and through pases I think. And f_ck me! I'm struggling big time :shock:

A few details I haven't seen posted yet.
In one of the first matches I was playing against a non existent human opposition (so I could try brand new tricks on the field). While player 2 was in possession of the ball standing still, I tried to challenge him with Eto'o. As I couldn't get the ball, I insisted a few times (just with the stick) and looked like Eto'o got the shits and pushed the player away who fell on his arse. The animation was great. Foul. I did it again straight away and got a yellow card. Beautiful.
I do find differences while dribbling with different players. Which is great. Basically it feels more like PES in that aspect.

Only one thing I disliked: When you kick a penalty, there's a pause when the ball crosses the line. It's not a big deal and surely can be fixed. Didn't want to be the first one in bringing it up but at the same time and given all this excitement could be a little bit unfair on those blind PES lovers, I thought I could give them some relief ;)

Off to heaven to play against Jack.

Last edited:

You can actually feel the difference between each team (and each player, you can feel who's strong, who's weak and who's agile enough to do tricks without having to look at the name - which, trust me, is handier than it is impressive, I've literally fell over when trying to do tricks with the crappier players).

As Man U v Barcelona, Barca were quite wide and so there was a bit more space and less pressure. Still couldn't score a pissing goal though. They were very creative and the tricks were out all over the show.

As Barcelona v Man U, Man U played a very very physical pressing game and I couldn't get fucking near the area, never mind the goal. Literally like playing a different football game.

As Man U v Inter, they were playing a much slower game, but when they got the ball through to Ibrahimovic, he was almost throwing defenders off him like the hulk. Probably the hardest match I've played so far, they put three past me.

As Man U v Red Bulls, they weren't of the same quality, but they felt "desperate". Defenders were staying a bit too rigidly in position but so much so that I couldn't get past them.

And after all that, I STILL HAVEN'T SCORED!!!

Back
Top Bottom