FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

is it just me or is this... - i am ripping your whole stupid defence apart with one fast player - gone? tried it with henry, didn't work that well.

1 drawback is i have given away 1 freekick and Ronaldo put it in the top corner :)

The only problem is that i dont how i ended up doin the flip flap. I did something random with the right stick lol.

Jack

Thankyou for your feedback

What is the sound and general atmosphere like?

Net physics, do they look sweet?

Collision animation upgrade?

Tackling and defensive heading improved.

Cheers fella
Sound is great, and I wasn't expecting it. Get the ball to a winger and the crowd go "AAHHHH!!!", then if you miss by a mile you get the wolf-whistles. Really incredible, a great improvement.

Net physics I never notice, but they look real to me!

Collision looks the same as in UEFA, no better no worse. Apart from when a powerful striker has the ball, you really FEEL that you're him, impossible to stop. The collision engine reflects this in players grabbing hold of you and then falling at the wayside because you're too strong.

Tackling is about the same I'd say, perhaps slightly tweaked. Fouls are certainly improved. Defensive heading is a lot better, like heading it anywhere else on the pitch. You can get a headed-pass away or head it out if you're desperate.

Attacking headers are better as well, provided on the quality of the ball in and your position you can get some MEGA power behind it. All gone over the bar so far, think I need to get used to it.

is it just me or is this... - i am ripping your whole stupid defence apart with one fast player - gone? tried it with henry, didn't work that well.
Worked for me with Rooney, but realistically. Two defenders tried to pull me back, they didn't want to tackle and give away a free kick. I powered past them and got a one-on-one. Which I missed, but it was an amazing feeling, you actually feel like you're bulletproof.

That's it now, the missus wants to play the Quake Wars demo. Back in a few hours... Guess what I'll be doing... :) :) :)

Can you also give us all the drawbacks you've noticed so far please ?

Eh? Surely you should want to know ther best things and enjoy them? And THEN the bad points? It's as if you want it to be a bad game and want there to be bad points.

LOL I just got in, Jack i read your review from my phone whilst at work so i've used my lunch to shoot home and start the download. Now I gotta rush back. If I get sacked it's your fault.

LMAO - looks like we're identical in the loser stakes, as I'm currently munching on a Rustler's burger, reading the forum and looking at my download (29% after 3 minutes - 24mb connection does have its uses!) I've got until 12:45 and then I gotta drive back to the office. Yippee.

i hate my mates. "guys, the demo is really good - fuck it, i'm not touching fifa! pes all the way"

i hate you all! guess i need to sign up for evoweb league to get some human competition :(

I think it was OPM saying the demo was good, and his mates saying they wont touch it and will stay with PES?

It's hard to explain, but the freedom has gone up about ten notches. If you're skilled enough you can wriggle your way between two or three players and smack the ball home.
[...]
Definitely no PES for me this year, with this gameplay and the 30 leagues, what's the point? Everyone can play whatever they want to play, but it's FIFA for me this year. I'm blown away.
Wiggling between two, three players and score doesn't sound very realistic to me. Sounds they made it way too easy....
Are you serious, no PES and this in stead? :shock:

I think everyone should stop playing and keep posting impressions :)

I figured out how to do keep ups if u havent found out your self. hold RT tap lb then keep hitting lb,lb,lb,lb etc... this game is unbelievable

Post up any other trick you found that arent obvious. Like can you do multiple stepovers?

Edit: Ah I found multiple stepovers do a normal stepover than keep rolling the stick back and forth instead of trying to do them individually. too good!

Last edited:

this demo is nothing like the CL demo i was playing last night

this is 100x better

Wiggling between two, three players and score doesn't sound very realistic to me. Sounds they made it way too easy....

He did say if your skilled enough not like everyone can do it. :D

Daz, put your name in the COD4 thread, we're gonna organise a game with people on Evo-Web who have the beta :)

It's gone a lot quieter in here now :(

Jesus Christ, some people are desperate to ruin everybody else's fun... You've never seen someone beat two or three players in real life have you? It was a skilled player and it was a one-off.

(Sneaked onto the PC in the other room, the demo is amazing but I wanted to point out a few more things...)

You definately get more power on your shots by holding RT. The RB finesse shots seem improved as well

Back
Top Bottom