FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

i can't wait to finally try out the full leagues etc...gimme the game now!

Oy! OPM! NO! Be grateful you're not in work and are able to at least play the demo now :(

This game is simply superb. They have the passing spot on this year and you really have to work for your possession now. The sprinting too, is also spot on. When you get in full flight with Christiano Ronaldo for example, really is a joy to play. The shooting is a little more tricky (thank god). Another nice touch, playing as the away side if you keep the ball for a long period the home fans start booing.

Top stuff this. Its going to be tough for PES i think this year.

As close to footballing perfection , i have ever played IMO!.

Mr Bauer ,thank you very much for all the infos you gave ,I'm more than ever getting this game now .Which one do you prefer between PES6 on the xbox360 or this demo you've played so far ?
Cheers
I prefered UEFA CL to PES6 so no question, I prefer this. Seriously, after playing this, you realise how piss-poor the response time was in FIFA upto this point. It's incredible when you have full control, in fast-enough time.

There's so many good points I forgot the thing that I wanted to mention because everyone on here would rave about it... The movement. If it's not 360, it surely feels like it.

When not sprinting, or when sprinting, you can move wherever you want with no delay (well it increases when you're sprinting obviously but WOW). It's hard to explain, but the freedom has gone up about ten notches. If you're skilled enough you can wriggle your way between two or three players and smack the ball home.

The shot power is brilliant, I just had Messi power his way through my defence and score an amazing goal. He was less than ten yards out but when he hit the ball, he SMASHED it home. I've not seen the ball move so fast in FIFA, he absolutely belted it. Incredible.

And I'm noticing more difference between each player now. I've never felt in a football game that I'm "powering my way" through the defence but I just took hold of Rooney and even though defenders were chasing him, he was just too strong for them and peeled away to shoot. Like a powerhouse, they just couldn't bring him down.

Seriously, it's another league from FIFA 07 and UEFA CL, I can't quite get over how organic everything is. Incredible. Running animations are a bit dodgy in places but they're the same as in PES6 (where the goalkeeper gets the ball and then your player starts doing the backwards crab dance, why do they have to do that in every football game?).

Definitely no PES for me this year, with this gameplay and the 30 leagues, what's the point? Everyone can play whatever they want to play, but it's FIFA for me this year. I'm blown away.

The shooting is very impressive

i just tried a shot that in PES would normally be heading towards the top corner with power, my shot was high, wide and not so handsome and ended up nearly going out for a throw in :)

Anyone with the demo, am I the only one that can't choose Man United's home kit, or Marseille's home kit, or Inter's home kit, or Barcelona's away kit?

LOL I just got in, Jack i read your review from my phone whilst at work so i've used my lunch to shoot home and start the download. Now I gotta rush back. If I get sacked it's your fault.

I prefered UEFA CL to PES6 so no question, I prefer this. Seriously, after playing this, you realise how piss-poor the response time was in FIFA upto this point. It's incredible when you have full control, in fast-enough time.

There's so many good points I forgot the thing that I wanted to mention because everyone on here would rave about it... The movement. If it's not 360, it surely feels like it.

When not sprinting, or when sprinting, you can move wherever you want with no delay (well it increases when you're sprinting obviously but WOW). It's hard to explain, but the freedom has gone up about ten notches. If you're skilled enough you can wriggle your way between two or three players and smack the ball home.

The shot power is brilliant, I just had Messi power his way through my defence and score an amazing goal. He was less than ten yards out but when he hit the ball, he SMASHED it home. I've not seen the ball move so fast in FIFA, he absolutely belted it. Incredible.

And I'm noticing more difference between each player now. I've never felt in a football game that I'm "powering my way" through the defence but I just took hold of Rooney and even though defenders were chasing him, he was just too strong for them and peeled away to shoot. Like a powerhouse, they just couldn't bring him down.

Seriously, it's another league from FIFA 07 and UEFA CL, I can't quite get over how organic everything is. Incredible. Running animations are a bit dodgy in places but they're the same as in PES6 (where the goalkeeper gets the ball and then your player starts doing the backwards crab dance, why do they have to do that in every football game?).

Definitely no PES for me this year, with this gameplay and the 30 leagues, what's the point? Everyone can play whatever they want to play, but it's FIFA for me this year. I'm blown away.

Thank you for the impressions..

Could you tell me if the Free kicks are harder now?

One shoot-one goal?

I hate the 'easy scoring' of fifa..

Thank you for the impressions..

Could you tell me if the Free kicks are harder now?

One shoot-one goal?

I hate the 'easy scoring' of fifa..
Haven't scored a free-kick yet and I'm telling you now, one-shoot-one-goal is not there any more. It's nearly bloody impossible, and it's only on semi-pro!!

Where the heck is the demo? I've just tried market place, quick I've only got about 5 minutes.

LOL I just got in, Jack i read your review from my phone whilst at work so i've used my lunch to shoot home and start the download. Now I gotta rush back. If I get sacked it's your fault.

LOL and I thought I was eager, at least I'm not running home and being late back for work!

JayD, you need to create a US or Singapore account mate :(

First time in years I am excited about a footy game. And this time I won't have to edit any of the fucking names/kits/stadiums etc!

Just played another half. I did the best passing play I've done for years, quick passes, one-two, didn't let them touch the ball, and then let rip with a wild shot... Miles over the bar, the shot bar shot off the screen. But then, I pumped the ball upfield, the defender spilled it, had another chance. Bottom corner, Rooney, WHAT a goal.

You really can play different styles and get the results you're after, lots of short passes, direct, wing play, middle play... Just incredible.

Where the heck is the demo? I've just tried market place, quick I've only got about 5 minutes.
You need a US/Singapore account.

Haven't scored a free-kick yet and I'm telling you now, one-shoot-one-goal is not there any more. It's nearly bloody impossible, and it's only on semi-pro!!

Jack

Thankyou for your feedback

What is the sound and general atmosphere like?

Net physics, do they look sweet?

Collision animation upgrade?

Tackling and defensive heading improved.

Cheers fella

Hey Jack ,please tell me anything about defending .Is it more responsive as you described it earlier? Are tackles more efficient ? You know the thing I asked you before about super incredible players dribbling past 5 players and then scoring a goal .
Cheers

one big thing they have sorted is they actually challenge for the ball in the air rather than chest it

this game is awesome, i dont know how im ever going to be able to do tricks in game though because there dosnt seem to be an opening for me

which is a good thing

Cheers Manjidude, looks quality :) Keep those thoughts coming Jack :)

This is seriously incredible. Never have my first impressions of a football game been so good. Not even with the WE's and PES games. Everthing is amazing. It feels so different to CL which I'm so happy about. The crowd seems to be more alive too. Shooting has to be the best new thing for me. The passing is much better too and response times have improved massively. Not sure about change player being LB.. why did they change it?
Also, the replays don't look very smooth to me.. it's like they're running under 30fps or something.. strange. Could that be because it's the US demo?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom