FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

the teaser wasn't in-game footage so i found it utterly pointless

It will do, look beyond that and according to GamesMaster Magazine they have made some good changes to it. Christ is Graphics all that people are bothered about?

This is probably the first Fifa game i'm looking forward to in years. I just hope its better than the last few although i didnt mind the last just didnt have a clue how to tackle.

If you play the league on these games can say four of you have a team each or is it single player?

I think its single player Jay, that has been the case through out. I wish they would change that.

Watch out mate! this place is full of people who wont have a bad word said about PES... Im not one of those people :) was playing FIFA 07 again earlier and I love it! Go back to PES and I think Oh My God! how can they release such cartoony looking bullshit?

I will give it a go like I did with Fifa07, but I did go back to PES simply because its more realistic and I still think Fifa's frame rate and animations are poor, and scoring outside the box is too frequent. One thing they defo need to leave out or totally re-write is the player tunnel scene, wooah the players all look 20 years older than they are, and they have obviously been partying on steriods big time. As I say I will give it a go, they are trying but there are some obviously weak areas that I would of thought they would have picked up on by now.

Last edited:

Im referring to the little nit picks that people moan about. Not Cartoon Network style PES graphics from last years 360 PES6!
Sheilds how is it more realistic? in real life does a teams stats suddenly go mental because the CPU decides it wants them to win? Nope! thats not realism

Watch out mate! this place is full of people who wont have a bad word said about PES... Im not one of those people :) was playing FIFA 07 again earlier and I love it! Go back to PES and I think Oh My God! how can they release such cartoony looking bullshit?

Thats a rediculous comment!!! I think alot of people dont mind bad things being said about PES (mind u it is annoying when people constantly whine etc) - constuctive critisism is good. And alot of it is just a point of view.
If people dislike a features of a game so much then they could decide not to play it. Exactly why i dont play anything EA releases - as i feel they cant program a football game nearly as well as Konami can. And as cartoony as the grafix look in PES games, they look much more humanlike, and move much more human like than any fifa game ive seen, including UEFA CL on 360.
Fifa = marketing, Konami = great gameplay.. that sums it up for me :)

Please be good this time FIFA.

Sort the shooting out and the waxwork models and we are on to a winner :8):

Most of the time people stick up for PES no matter what... Im was only saying mate, didnt need the third degree on it

i dont see how people can stick up for PES tbh

fair enough maybe the PS2 version, but the 360 one is dogshit

its playable but dogshit, the players are awkward to get full control over, especially when defending and lets not mention the auto-sliding, auto pin point passes and random switching

oops i just did

i dont see how people can stick up for PES tbh

fair enough maybe the PS2 version, but the 360 one is dogshit

its playable but dogshit, the players are awkward to get full control over, especially when defending and lets not mention the auto-sliding, auto pin point passes and random switching
oops i just did

everything u mantion about pes6xbox360 is true, but when there is no better football games out there, u have no other choice, but stick with it, till pes7 coms out;)

Lets also not mention the CPU's dodgy deflections and 90th minute winning/equalising headers where your players all just stand and watch... :) ahh what a great game

i don't know whether to laugh or cry after seeing that picture.

Woah. :|

:|

Just... Hold on...

That is mental. At least it won't be the same game across all consoles, I suppose. It will be nice to have different versions with different features. But still...

are we getting too old or the games too young?

:D

i think it's funny.

Imagine playing that and trying to look cool.

What a load of pish :D.

everything u mantion about pes6xbox360 is true, but when there is no better football games out there

Fifa 07 and UEFA for 360 piss on PES 360 from a great, great height.

In fact I'll go as far as saying Fifa 07 and UEFA 360 piss on PES/WE PS2 in my personal experience.

This is how I calculate it.

PES6 PS2

FIFA 07 360

UCL 360

PES6 360

The 360 version of pro evo is complete bollocks.

The ball slides across the pitch like its glass or something.

That Wii pic is just of the Ronaldinho Mii you can have, the game doesn't look like that.

PS, that resolution is way too high for Wii I'm sure!

Im referring to the little nit picks that people moan about. Not Cartoon Network style PES graphics from last years 360 PES6!
Sheilds how is it more realistic? in real life does a teams stats suddenly go mental because the CPU decides it wants them to win? Nope! thats not realism

Yes anyone who plays PES has noticed the CPU cheating, but most people play online so that solves that problem. The reason why most people still prefer PES is shooting, tackling, dribbling, crossing is way more realistic. I watched that new TV channel X League TV when they had people playing Fifa07, the goals where embaressing, Eto from the corner edge of the area with a looping crap shot......goal everytime. Thats when I was glad I had got rid of Fifa.

I'm sorry but anyone who plays footy or watches it, has got to recognise that Fifa has dodgy mechanics. The shots players can pull off at impossible angles, with power, on the wrong foot just grates on me. Its Disney Football, it always has been, they have tried to improve it, but lets face it they needed to. The fact is both games have major faults, but Konami didn't even try with PES and its still better. I like most people were disapointed with this watered down version of PES, so they better sort the next one out, if they really try, and I think they will then it will raise the standard again.

But I will still give Fifa ago (I am not a silly Fanboy, why people get so angry and are so loyal to one game is beyond me) because I love footy games, if they make it better than PES, then great because that will be a top game and thats what we all want.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom