FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

I think people are being fooled by the brightness when they say the graphics look great. They still don't look realistic in the slightest. Player models, kits, stadiums, animnations, etc are all so far from realism it almost renders the brightness useless

How can you tell about the animations? the shots arent motion shots are they?

Once again we have people writing games off before they have even seen it in action or played it. So long as the core gameplay is improved from UEFA and it plays a solid Next Gen footie experience ill be happy with 08

How can you tell about the animations? the shots arent motion shots are they?

Once again we have people writing games off before they have even seen it in action or played it. So long as the core gameplay is improved from UEFA and it plays a solid Next Gen footie experience ill be happy with 08

I really hope the shooting is fixed because everything else i could live with, just give us more control of our shots and i'll be cool

that and maybe some rain effects

Is this the same guy who is a Pro Evo nut?
If so I'm excited. What did he say about general gameplay? Are the tricks balanced i.e no rainbow flicks all the way up the pitch? How is the shooting and passing?

Yeh mate the very same. tbh, he didnt really go on about the shoot and passing. Im not sure if thats a good thing or bad thing. Like me, he hated the shooting and goalkeepers. But most of all he hated the response time of player movement. Thats why he couldnt stop praising the new control you have over the player.

About the ease of tricks, he says its very player dependent. He mentioned star players having signature moves, e.g. He saw someone do Ronaldo's heel flick thing he does when trying to come inside. He said it looked so lifelike.

From a convosation with an EA rep, he said they are going to make sure it doesnt become a dribble frenzy.

I just want everyone to focus on the new control mentioned, just like Jack has done. When I read what he said I was seriously stunned. This new found level of control could seriously blow Konami out of the water.

Yeh mate the very same. tbh, he didnt really go on about the shoot and passing. Im not sure if thats a good thing or bad thing. Like me, he hated the shooting and goalkeepers. But most of all he hated the response time of player movement. Thats why he couldnt stop praising the new control you have over the player.

About the ease of tricks, he says its very player dependent. He mentioned star players having signature moves, e.g. He saw someone do Ronaldo's heel flick thing he does when trying to come inside. He said it looked so lifelike.

From a convosation with an EA rep, he said they are going to make sure it doesnt become a dribble frenzy.

I just want everyone to focus on the new control mentioned, just like Jack has done. When I read what he said I was seriously stunned. This new found level of control could seriously blow Konami out of the water.

Actions speak louder than words - EA have yet to produce anything to the level of Konami (Winning Eleven) in terms of a football simulation. I do hope the Fifa series does improve, as i think konami needs good dose of competition to keep on inproving. In either case, ill simply play the best football simualation, and ever since konami has been in the business, its been winning eleven. If fifa08 is better than we11 ill play it.. i seriously doubt it though..and by looking at the pics, the player models still have that horrible fifaish look about them..

Im currently really into we10J-League for ps2 as i feel this is the best football game to date... and the big thing im looking forward to with the next generation systems is the increased fluidity of gameplay including ball movement etc and no more slowdown, however slight it is (this still occurs in we10JL at some of the stadiums).

Anyways , i hope that all these new ideas on fifa08 are true, but again, its easier said than done, and seeing and playing is the believing part.. so bring it on!!

Last edited:

aussiepesfan, I think you need to play UEFA CL on 360. That is a good NEXT GEN simulation and not CPU assisted bullshit like PES is. If you ask me Konami is now playing catchup and needs to make a proper next gen PES instead of same old PES always bullshitting just with better graphics!

PES is FAR from perfect which a lot of people wont accept/dont realise with their PES Tinted glasses on.

the skills look very fluid

1 other thing which that tralier reminded me of is the floaty long range shots, they need to go

yeh aussiepesfan you are seem to be quite one-eyed. I agree - have a go at UEFA CL and see what you think (on 360). And try it with an open mind too - and dont try and play it like PES - cos it will seem crap if you do.

yeh aussiepesfan you are seem to be quite one-eyed. I agree - have a go at UEFA CL and see what you think (on 360). And try it with an open mind too - and dont try and play it like PES - cos it will seem crap if you do.

yeah i will have to give UEFA CL a try :) on the 360 :) Ill do that for sure :)
I have to say though, i did see a video of it, and kind of got turned off by watching it. Maybe cause ive been playing too much Winning Eleven and PES for last 5+ years the difference annoys me especially the animation of the players hmmm.. but yeah ill give it a go on my friends xbox.

I dont agree with the 'dont try n play it like PES' thingo.. i mean if a footy sim is good.. itll play like real footy.. the build ups.. the variety of styles of play etc.. thats why i like the Winning Eleven series - the great gameplay.

I think in the end its all about how we 'individually' think football should play... its just my opinion that the we/pes system of gameplay resembles realistic soccer the best. I will try UEFA CL though :)

aussiepesfan, I think you need to play UEFA CL on 360. That is a good NEXT GEN simulation and not CPU assisted bullshit like PES is. If you ask me Konami is now playing catchup and needs to make a proper next gen PES instead of same old PES always bullshitting just with better graphics!

PES is FAR from perfect which a lot of people wont accept/dont realise with their PES Tinted glasses on.

Out of interest, what's your opinion on the ball physics in EUFA CL on 360? I've never played it (or even seen vids yet) although I had heard that FIFA07 on 360 had "free" ball physics.

I have my doubts about what people meant by "free". Perhaps passing speed and direction is truely free, but what about equally important things like ball physics in tackles? The physics in PES6 is essentially totally scripted in such situations and just becomes too irritating to play, along with all the other cheats and crap in that game.

Also, what about ball physics when the CPU has the ball. Is it pixel-perfect passing 100% of the time, ala PES6?

Do long and high passes have more plausible trajectories and speeds? It always looked very iffy on FIFA07 on PS2.

I've certainly fallen out of love with PES and certainly agree with you that it is FAR from perfect, but still felt it was significantly better than FIFA07 on PS2 (haven't tried the 360 version).

Yeah seems like the big gripe with the WE and PES series is the scripted cheating - Yes that bugs me heaps. Its really evident in masterleague and league games where the luck all seems to fall for the opponent. But, during friendlies and mutliplayer it plays very well, and in few of the masterleague/league games. The best gameplay seems to be in the masterleague free training mode, where its first 11 vs 2nd 11 in a training game (no ref though) - plays a dream.. try it on we10JLeague if u havent already tried it.

Back to EUFA CL (xbox360 version i assume)- i watched more videos of this via gametrailers website (good quality videos), and although i havent played it here is my gripe: The players dont run properly (PES aint perfect but looks better) and kinda look like they are skating on ice at times. I think thats it.. the WE and PES series has a more SOLID/HEAVIER player feel to it... better player colision, and just seems to play like real soccer players (minus the 8 way directions etc). Also the Ball movement in EUFA CL still seems a bit off.. and how it interacts with the players.. hmm hard to explain, but i do feel the ball seems much more life like in PES.. um heavier and more like a real ball. Also the speed of play in PES (n more so in WE10 JL) is much more realistic compared to what ive seen from videos of EUFA CL which seem to look ok for a few secs, then weird.. then ok.. hmmm.. cant quite put explain it.
I just really dont like how it looks.. i just cant wait till i c the fifa08 trailer.. and hopefully how different it looks to EUFA CL (especially in the player animation and ball physics department) - fingers crossed its gonna be a big improvement ;)

.. now to put my PES glasses back on ;)

Out of interest, what's your opinion on the ball physics in EUFA CL on 360? I've never played it (or even seen vids yet) although I had heard that FIFA07 on 360 had "free" ball physics.

I have my doubts about what people meant by "free". Perhaps passing speed and direction is truely free, but what about equally important things like ball physics in tackles? The physics in PES6 is essentially totally scripted in such situations and just becomes too irritating to play, along with all the other cheats and crap in that game.

Also, what about ball physics when the CPU has the ball. Is it pixel-perfect passing 100% of the time, ala PES6?

Do long and high passes have more plausible trajectories and speeds? It always looked very iffy on FIFA07 on PS2.

I've certainly fallen out of love with PES and certainly agree with you that it is FAR from perfect, but still felt it was significantly better than FIFA07 on PS2 (haven't tried the 360 version).

I agree what ruins PES for most is the scripted play..
In earlier versions this was less apparent, and this also included a more manual feel to the game and more manual responsive controlling of your team and inparticular players. the Manual setting on player control, needs to be way more manual (eg. choosing players you want to control - sometimes the cpu picks players too far from opponent to cheat).. also players catching up.. that irritates me..

winston, im my opinion the CPU passes are NOT pixel perfect A LA PES, The ball doesnt get sucked into a player... (unlike PES the CPU player always seems to get bullshit deflections its way) Long passes im not sure about.

I can't wait to hear more on this, I've not been this excited about a game for ages. I was excited about UEFA CL but not as excited as this, the "revolutionary" controls just sound brilliant.

I've shown a few PES fans Adonis's post above and they're (slowly, very slowly) warming to the idea that a FIFA game could actually be any good.

Two months until a new football season, four/five months until a new football game... :cry:

Erm, you're telling me I'm always excited and everybody else here tells me I'm a miserable suicidal bastard...

I must have multiple personalities. Shut up. Alright. That Big Brother's crap innit? I dunno, there's a few characters. You always say that but you never watch it. I do, I watched it last night.

Jack , I know the feeling. Always w8ing for somthing new , something better... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I must admit , I am also super-excited \\:o/

The thing is that this stupid EA , always was good in hyping their games :lol: :lol:

Im super excited too. The only thing that could take that excitement away would be Konami to show off its next-gen efforts, and for that to be amazing.

From what I hear news is imminent...

I was going to say that you're either on the verge of exploding with excitement (FIFA07 on 360), or on the verge of topping yourself (360 on-line woes). Life never seems flat in the Bauer household.

The missus is currently watching the first Pirates Of The Carribean (which I can't stand) and I'm sitting here waiting for it to finish so that I can take control of the TV again. Believe me, it's as flat as a flat tyre here at the moment, and usually is. I've been excited about Forza 2 and UEFA but that's about it. Amazing how a few posts on a forum paint a picture to people who don't know you. That's not meant to sound snotty, but it's really weird...

Adonis, news on what is imminent, FIFA or WE? I'm really excited about FIFA but fair play to Konami, saying absolutely fuck-all gets your curiosity up...

I've been excited about Forza 2 and UEFA but that's about it. Amazing how a few posts on a forum paint a picture to people who don't know you. That's not meant to sound snotty, but it's really weird...

I've only started visiting this forum after many months absence and it just so happens that these threads are the few I've read, along with the 360 on-line bans thread. When I was last visiting last year, you were getting extremely excited about the new FIFA07 on 360. Like you say, a few posts can paint a picture.

Adonis, news on what is imminent, FIFA or WE? I'm really excited about FIFA but fair play to Konami, saying absolutely fuck-all gets your curiosity up...

On PES mate.

I cant say much right now, but remember that messege I sent you a week or so ago regarding going official with W.E.N.B. directly to Konami? Well its happened. Just check out the blog later today for huge news about W.E.N.B., and also watch out for a fantastic podcast this week ;)

EDIT: Its already up!

Last edited by a moderator:

On PES mate.

I cant say much right now, but remember that messege I sent you a week or so ago regarding going official with W.E.N.B. directly to Konami? Well its happened. Just check out the blog later today for huge news about W.E.N.B., and also watch out for a fantastic podcast this week ;)

EDIT: Its already up!

:D :D :D

Where is that guy who was thinking that I was obsessed about those nets? Do you have seen this teaser? are you crying now? lol

Back
Top Bottom