FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

Well I'm slightly disappointed in Forza 2 (fantastic gameplay, really bad graphics), so I guess so. But then I think PES's graphics are cartoonistic shite and FIFA's graphics are pretty amazing, so my view won't count anyway. :eh:

Gameplay 1st GFX 2nd for me. Id rather have a game which actually plays well than one that just looks amazing but plays like Shit.

Dj

Yeah but what JayM is saying is that in the era of next-gen, why can't we have both? The power is there for God's sake. You shouldn't feel ashamed for wanting a good game that looks good as well. Mix Forza 2's gameplay and Colin McRae Dirt's graphics and you have the best racing game on 360 so far - better than both games individually. Why does it have to be one or the other? Who says it does?

1280_0001.jpg

1280_0002.jpg

1280_0003.jpg

1280_0004.jpg

1280_0005.jpg

1280_0006.jpg

1280_0007.jpg

1280_0008.jpg

1280_0009.jpg

1280_0010.jpg

1280_0011.jpg

1280_0012.jpg

http://www.xboxyde.com/news_4425_en.html

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That last one looks great, look at the expression on the two closest Chelsea players' faces!

Woah, edit your post and delete the quote, otherwise everyone sees the pictures doubling up on the page.

They're from FIFA 08.

Other than the player models which still look iffy and the Oversized shorts I think it looks fantastic!

Dj

The only pics worth worrying about are the two in game shots from the camera angle you would play the game, and both those look reasonable, bar a couple of players looking like they are floating or skating, but it's in motion were it all counts, thats the key.

Agreed Holio,

Looks promising. On the zoomed out screens the players seem
to look good as does the pitch etc. I like the lighting effect at the upper part of the San Siro.

I'm currently a bit fed up of PES, so I'm playing Fifa07 (Xbox); really decent engine, if they enhance the graphics on that, and improve the off the ball movement I'd be happy because the shooting is close to spot on.

the massive asses annoy me more and more, im sure its a piece of piss to make a human in proportion, i mean, last time i was outside i saw quite alot of them, and very few of the ass heavy people that seem to frequent ea sports football titles.

and i hope they are very early pictures cos there is a distinct lack of anything representing a kit on newcastle, and alot of blank mannequin heads on all the players.

the annoying thing about the player model is the model is good proportions, its just the inch thick kit made of wax that looks like the problem.

Like Holio said, the pictures taken from the camera angle where you play the game are good...i don't care about the rest. I still don't like FIFA's players up close, but you don't notice that.

PS: Jack you think that screenshot with Rooney is great, but you don't recognize both Chelsea players don't you??? On a second thought, not that great isn't it??? But like i said above, that does not matter. The ones from the camera angle where you play the game are great.

Very promising pics, you can tell they are early ones and more detail will be added but still promising all the same.

If only EA could get:

*Asses
*Nets
*Grass

right, then the sky's the limit.

But if Konami get their asses in proportion and not bulging, but their nets bulging, then grass could be the key factor.

Nevermind fantasista, howabout "Lawnmower mode". You could take control of the groundsman before key matches and mow the grass to several different lengths!

thats nextgen baby, live the dream!

If only EA could get:

*Asses
*Nets
*Grass

right, then the sky's the limit.

But if Konami get their asses in proportion and not bulging, but their nets bulging, then grass could be the key factor.

Nevermind fantasista, howabout "Lawnmower mode". You could take control of the groundsman before key matches and mow the grass to several different lengths!

thats nextgen baby, live the dream!

:lol: :lmao: :lol:

^ Thats madness and perhaps will never happen lol!

Last edited:

Isnt that the dude of Lost?!?! Hope its not next seasons plot where they find a bernabeau stadium on the other side of the island.......

It's a shame the graphics and player models are exactly the same as UEFA. The gameplay better be very very good.

The images look amazing.

But after 5 years of beautiful screenshots, I must say that however big Konami's mistakes are, and however hard EA tries (and they really are trying), fact remains, PES is PES, and Fifa is Fifa.

Something is drastically wrong with EA's gameplay engine. Instead of going hardcore into their gameplay issues, they just "patch" it year after year, or simply do a quickie overhaul.

From the first few seconds into any Fifa game, the UGLY gameplay feel strikes hard.

What I mean is, it's the 2008 game. The graphics will always be amazing no matter what. Time to REALLY look DEEP into Konami's gameplay engine and try to know what makes it so amazing and addictive. (instead of a copy/paste of the control scheme)

Why now? Because with next-gen coming, graphics will not be the deciding factor anymore.

But instead, EA just introduces "CARD TRADING", "BE A PRO", and other fillers. All nice ideas. But the gameplay still sucks. They have only themselves to blame for their demise.

If you can't stand the grass, kits and commentary in PES, simply patch it with Fifa's kits, commentary and user-made turfs. The PES I am playing now looks spectacular.

There are many options nowadays, and EA hasn't taken the right turn yet.

Last edited:

i think it looks crap, the faces look incredible but going down the body from that is disappointing all round, how big are the hips and lower body? just ridiculous.
the sad thing is, the graphics are quality , just shit models, shows the capabilities, just wish somoene would utilise them.

Back
Top Bottom