FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

@ Jack, regarding the 07 vs UCL base for 08.

Isnt it a different part of ea that did UCL, and the same team that did 07 is doing 08? If the reponsetime is UCL, then i wont be able to play it, however if its 07 (which seems to be more the case from what ive read) then it will be fine.

Anyway, one thing i did find a bit strange/made sense was booth's comment about developement cycles and people working on the games. It isnt actually the same team/people that work on 07 and 08. They change it every game cycle so you pretty much end up with different people and possibly different directions. I one way i though it was a shame as the people couldnt improve on what they were doing int he previous game, but in another i can be good to get a "clean" perspective and easily identify faults/mistakes that you normally wouldnt see as easily if you had made the previous game.

Im actually contradicting myself now with 07 team doing 08 vs UCL as that just isnt the case. Hopefully booth can have the impact he had for 07 current gen on the 08 nextgen game.

Regarding the usenett demo stuff, are demo's protected like full games? Someone said just burn a dvd, but im guessing thats if you have it flashed?

Is me or some people on here just want to see fifa be crap so pro evo could remain the best game?

At the end of the day this is a Pro Evo forums, I was just saying to Jack I'm not sure what we're gonna do when Fifa comes out and (if) we really love it, would be great to swap manager mode stories and things like that, I like the majority of the people on this forum, mature, witty bunch, most Fifa forums are filled with kids :(

Maybe a seperate FIFA section can be made by the head honchos in here?

You don't happen to know PHP/MySQL do you Jamie?! I'm struggling like hell trying to design a website here...

I dont touch PHP but i deal with MaxDB and DBMS on the MySQL...but i dont have a broad knowledge of the whole brand.

Maybe a seperate FIFA section can be made by the head honchos in here?

I'm not sure if that'd be the best thing for anyone really, guess if CW decides that's what he wants to do I'd be happy cos it'll mean I can get my Fifa chat and PES news all in the same place but I don't see it happening to be honest ;)

I'm not sure if that'd be the best thing for anyone really, guess if CW decides that's what he wants to do I'd be happy cos it'll mean I can get my Fifa chat and PES news all in the same place but I don't see it happening to be honest ;)

:applause:

It would make a lot of sense, plus also stop this fanboy crap crossing over threads.

Would also make evo-web the bigger man, if you know what I mean.

Yeah I think it'd make the community much bigger and better. It'd attract a lot more people and become a lot more popular. It'd be tidier too, otherwise the "Other Games" thread is going to be clogged with FIFA posts. Plus it saves reading one thread which is 127 pages long :)

Yeah I think it'd make the community much bigger and better. It'd attract a lot more people and become a lot more popular. It'd be tidier too, otherwise the "Other Games" thread is going to be clogged with FIFA posts. Plus it saves reading one thread which is 127 pages long :)

Totally agree. I know that evoweb is pesfan forum, but if you make a new forum about anything depends to fifa will attract a lot of people.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=83254

EA has confirmed that the demo for FIFA 08 will go live on 360 and PS3 tomorrow.

It'll give you a chance to try out what the publisher is calling its most coherent football game to date. There's the new skill system to try out, the opportunity to play as just one member of the team and not mess it up, plus the usual better graphics, physics, and all that malarkey.

EA is also offering much more in the way of online support this time around. Following a post-release update you'll be able to play five against five, for instance, where you each control your player of choice on either side. The ultimate goal is to have 11 versus 11, although we're not sure who would really want to be centre-back or the goalie.

Interactive Leagues are back, too, so you and your chums can help your favourite team to victory, plus lots of other knick knacks. Sprint your way over to our first impressions of FIFA 08 for a closer look.

FIFA 08 is coming out on PC, PS3, 360, PS2, PSP, Wii and DS on 28th September. Look out for our thoughts soon.

----------------------

I wouldn't mind being a goalie :) Is goalie even a playable position? I didn't think it was?

I for one are hoping Fifa 08 is a fantastic football Sim and kicks the snot out of PES sales... things may change for the better then at Konami.. and I'll be able to play with Wrexham on Fifa for more than a quarter of the season and then have to go back to playing PES because I can't take Fifa's crap anymore, though I then have to put up with Konami and their scripted crap and all the depth of a cream cracker..
The only real way things will change quickly I fear, is if we have a clear winner, one way or the other..

Maybe a "Other football games" forum is needed :)

On a similar note, you have to question (now) why we seperate PES into 4 platforms - it is kinda pointless to me. Plus it fuels the "My console has a bigger cock than yours" debate.

Just watched the sao paolo video again with sound, aswell as the manu-ars one. They definitly need to speed up the fans' cheer when a goal is scored, in real life its instantly, if not slightly before in anticipation. Yet the goals scored have a second delay that does take away from the atmosphere. It should be something so simple to fix/do aswell. Guess we'll have to spam the fifa forum if the demo still has this problem :D

on placebos note, i love this community as well, sometimes i go over the top but thats just part of my personality. I really in the past have hated fifa games since 98 and that was actually the last soccer game i played on a console, for many years i was playing madden and 2k football games, then i happend to stumble upon this website, having never played WE(this was before it was out in the states) and from the many wonderful people on here i figured out how to get a swap top, imported WE, patched it, and started playing WE. I was fuckign hooked from the begining and it gave me and my mates thousands of hours of enjoyment, the greatest sports game ever IMO. And i think why alot of people are so anti-fifa is beacuse they have been burnend in the past by the same old boring game, and I hope FIFA is good every year, becasue lets face it, patching gets old and waiting for the newest option file does as well(still waiting on WEJLCC2007). Last year for me was a better game then the previous fifas, but didnt get me hooked, Im hoping to god this one does, as now i live with my girl and like many of you blokes, dont get to play with my friends but maybe once a week(which fortunate for me is better then some of you unlucky guys) So i really need a great single player experience, and If fifa is, i need a place to talk about it. So i think we can all get along here, cause this really is an awesome community with great people. No matterif you like fifa or evo or both. I have basiclly come to the fact that for me

fifa=single player, online

pro evo=multiplayer, online

i wish one could be, multiplay, online, single player

but thats not going to happen, so i guess im dropping $120 this year on two footie games

The game will have been finalised surley? The discs will need programming and burning then shipping out, i cant see how it can be edited in the short space of time before release date.

There will be no changes to the game now, it will already be at manufacturing I'd imagine. We are getting a Demo, not a Beta - if we have feedback that could go into a patch then great, fundamental design changes won't happen.

Going back to handballs, I think there was handballs on the 360 world cup game, Im sure I remember seing them in that, And I hope that both PES and FIFA are fucking amazing cus I wanna stop all this fanboy shit, I used to be a Pes fanboy years ago and all it does is make you look like a bellend, Pes used to be miles better but FIFA has caught up now and its hard to chose which is better

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=83254

EA has confirmed that the demo for FIFA 08 will go live on 360 and PS3 tomorrow.

It'll give you a chance to try out what the publisher is calling its most coherent football game to date. There's the new skill system to try out, the opportunity to play as just one member of the team and not mess it up, plus the usual better graphics, physics, and all that malarkey.

If that's talking about the demo then I assume it means that 1. the arena is in the demo and 2. be a pro mode is also in the demo? Or it could be just talking in general about what Fifa has to offer......

It's now 0034 Thursday here so I want the demo already! ;)

Back
Top Bottom