FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Its a shame about the faces really. EA have so many things that look incredible, it really does ruin the experience for me.

I know they have many more faces to cover than Konami, but atleast get the superstars right. Its a shame, it really is.

I read Placebos long post about the faces. While you might be right, its not hard to see that PES 2008's faces are stupidly accurate, like picture perfect. Whether its done badly or not, it looks amazing overall.

so do demos come at midnight the day they say, anytime during that day or late that night before 12

Its a shame about the faces really. EA have so many things that look incredible, it really does ruin the experience for me.

I know they have many more faces to cover than Konami, but atleast get the superstars right. Its a shame, it really is.

I read Placebos long post about the faces. While you might be right, its not hard to see that PES 2008's faces are stupidly accurate, like picture perfect. Whether its done badly or not, it looks amazing overall.

Ruins it? You wont play FIFA because the faces aren't as good as PES?

9AM GMT id go for like most demos and arcade games

Hmm I'm gonna see if I can book the 29th off I reckon.

You hardly see the faces anyway so i cant see how they ruin anything

I hope the demo is there when i wake up tommorow morning, so i can download it whilst im at work. I cant play it until 6pm Thursday :(

basically it shows a lack of effort id guess
and hell the players dont look like their real life counterparts in 07 but Ronaldinho and Rooney And Adriano are about the only ones that are spot on

but thts a gd sign that their atleast getting some to look very life like :)

but i agree its annoying that very few players look like their real life counterparts

The goalkeeping of Buffon in the latest vid was poor but to be honest I see Paul Robinson do that time and time again, it's really not that unrealistic that he didn't run out.

Faces, nets, balls. All cosmetics. Get the engine sorted, then sort out faces. I want a realistic, accurate game of football first, otherwise what's the point? To play a rubbish engine but it's great because the faces, nets and balls are spot on?

He's the one who posted it in the first place! He's desperately trying to push it, do you get paid for each person who clicks it Jay? :p

To play a rubbish engine but it's great because the faces, nets and balls are spot on?

IMO it works the other way round too, a football game is no good if the engine is perfect, then the net reacts like a brick wall, playing with official footballs also adds to the realism, its great knowing which competition you're playing in just by what ball you're using, authentic. As for the faces, I'm not too bothered about the players faces, as long as they don't look like aliens!

He's the one who posted it in the first place! He's desperately trying to push it, do you get paid for each person who clicks it Jay? :p

soz posted twice cos other person posted wrong link and yell im trigger happy today:lol:

IMO it works the other way round too, a football game is no good if the engine is perfect, then the net reacts like a brick wall, playing with official footballs also adds to the realism, its great knowing which competition you're playing in just by what ball you're using, authentic. As for the faces, I'm not too bothered about the players faces, as long as they don't look like aliens!

Or penguin heads, ostrich heads etc:p

The only problem i ve seen in the video is that the goalkeeper stay in his position in the third goal

well is it me or does is the ball constantly jumping up and down, like the player is about to lose control but he doesnt.. it looks like to me the same unrepsonsiveness is there, or perceived un responsivness(some people say its there some not)... i cant wait to get my hands on the demo but as i have stated before from what i have seen im not expecting a huge step up from UCL

I'm with Gomito - the more I see, the less it looks any different to UCL.

I noticed that on the last goalscorer they've still got that thing where the player has a full head of hair yet his scalp is shiny!

I hope that not all players do that "continental" hand-gesturing too - would look silly to see Jamie Carragher do it for example.

Anyway, as many people have said, as long as it is an improvement in the KEY areas from '07/UEFA then it will do, I just think it's not the massive step up that we initially hoped (based on these recent, more clear, vids).

I am prepared to publicly retract my worries if I'm wrong however.

(PS - I felt the un-responsiveness on UEFA and it was eventually enough for me to bin it off so please, let it be gone).

I've said a million times, if you don't like UCL, you won't like this. The response is improved but not enough to satisfy the people who think it shouldn't be there. It will never be like PES's response times because EA have publicly said they think it's realistic to have a delay ("when Gerrard shapes up for a shot, there's a pause and the crowd holds its breath - that's how we want our game" etc).

It's practically guaranteed that Gomito won't like it and if you don't like a response lag then you won't like it either MJP.

Back
Top Bottom