FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

yes Jack, but I want a game that goes diagnal top right when I press it, not having to basically work on only four directions.

That was more my gripe than the actual reaction times as I understand the theory behind the example of Gerrard being used.

And I did enjoy UEFA for a few months.

Oh I see what you mean - I only noticed that a month or two ago in UEFA, I didn't know how to explain it to anybody, but you've just hit the nail on the head. It feels really odd. I wouldn't stop playing the game over it myself (that's my personal opinion) but it is quite strange, makes you wonder why you can't just do it.

I've seen players walking and dribbling in all directions though in the FIFA 08 videos so I don't think it's a problem (bear in mind, from what EA have told us, most tricks require you not to be holding sprint, so that should prove that it's gone).

I only stopped playing it as I realised '07 didn't have the same problem.

As you say, the vids seem to suggest the problem has been rectified.

Reaction times, in their true definition, are not a problem for me - you get used to them after having not played super-speedy PES for a bit :-)

I was thinking before (dangerous that), if they used FIFA 07 as a base then we might see better reactions but a few bugs back that were fixed in UCL. If they used UCL as a base there will be less bugs but perhaps the reaction times and the bug you mention might still be there. Hmmm.

^ I know!

I think I mentioned that at the very beginning of this thread all those weeks ago!

Oh well, only 18-20 hours left to find out......

(except I'm doing some system maintenance tomorrow which means I won't be home 'til late evening!)

Could some nice person (with xsata)rip the demo once downloaded.

Maybe host it somewhere for the likes of me(No hardrive)to burn to a disk.

(Content folder I think)
Or any links.

This is legal afaik.

Cheers in advance

Ouch!! Bumperman you had better wait for the fall out:shock: The PS3 lads will be beating thier chest's as we speak\\:o/

But its true. Even though EA touts 60 fps we all get burned the day of release to find out its not. i have my 360 just for ea games now. Since they decided to not make NCAA or madden or tiger or nhl 60 fps what would make them on fifa 08?

I was thinking before (dangerous that), if they used FIFA 07 as a base then we might see better reactions but a few bugs back that were fixed in UCL. If they used UCL as a base there will be less bugs but perhaps the reaction times and the bug you mention might still be there. Hmmm.

You have point. tweaking an engine that will not be coded with new things is bad. If they go and just fix existing player attribute reactions by editing highness/lowness in number to reflect in game then it's just a roster edit no more. this is what happened with NBA Live 08 recently. they actually just edited some bad gameplay elements by readjusting game sliders and attributes that we all could tweak ourselves and have not done any NEW coding for it

Could some nice person (with xsata)rip the demo once downloaded.

Maybe host it somewhere for the likes of me(No hardrive)to burn to a disk.

(Content folder I think)
Or any links.

This is legal afaik.

Cheers in advance
I hope someone will upload it asap :D

Quite.

While I'm here (being a PES fanboy, n'all). Why isn't there short/long socks in FIFA 08? I'm not buying it now.

:lmao:I have noticed that there are not different shirt lengths when untucked:lol:

I am shocked that EA have not put the right chest and cholar size on all 15000 players:)

I think its ruined the experience for me;)

They've already stated that it's running at 60fps on PS3.

Unfortunately I don't believe EA since

NCAA 08
Madden 08
Nascar 08
Tiger 08
NHL 08

are not running on PS3 at 60 FPS when they said they would or made speculation they would OR never alluded to anything while the 360 builds were being shown at 60 FPS LOL

The latest demos have all been posted to usenet, if someone wants guidance how to get it off there if it turns up just PM me.

One question, couple of people mentioned the arena in the demo? I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere the arena will be in the demo?

Regarding the shooting, I had Cronaldo in the Arena at GCA and his shooting was almost orgasmic, responsive, organic, physics seem spot on, unless they've really messed something up since I think most people will be happy :)

Nope, its how quick someone wants to upload it and it appears instantly. Don't you need xsata to copy from the PC to the 360 though?

Nope, its how quick someone wants to upload it and it appears instantly. Don't you need xsata to copy from the PC to the 360 though?
You just write it in any DVD ;)

Naah they get uploaded uber quick these days, people are sat on 3mb/3mb pipes all over the world now :)
For example NBA Live 08 demo was uploaded 3 days after it appeared in XBL iirc. :(

Haven't watched the Sao Paolo video since I'm at work. However, regarding the responsive times, as long as they have tweaked it since UCL, I am good with it.

What concerned me in UCL looks to have been sorted from those videos. The only minor thing for me is not seeing the right goal/nets for each specific stadium..but, this is forgivable.

I am really excited about this year's version. I have both the PS3 and
360. I will go with the one that one that looks and plays better.

Again, thank you EA for fixing the nets. They animate beautifully!

;-)

Is me or some people on here just want to see fifa be crap so pro evo could remain the best game?

I mean come on all of us here love football wouldnt it be better if fifa actually came well so pro would actually have some compitition from both companies. i mean some pllz on here some of the smallest little things they are bashing, but atleast ea seems to be actually listening to the community and trying to give us a good next gen football game.

some people are even going as far as writing off fifa before it is even released and havent even played the game when members in here who actually played the game (who are die hard pro fans) saying its feel good. I think some people should leave there bashing till after they actually play the game.

Bring on tommorow for the demo:D
Cheers

Last edited:

Interesting. I'll have a look and see if I can grab the demo tonight. FIFA demo, COD4 beta and the England match. Not enough hours :(

Personally I'd love Fifa to be a better game than Pro Evo - if only because it means I won't have to faff about with editing everything!

Is me or some people on here just want to see fifa be crap so pro evo could remain the best game?
Yeah but it works both ways unfortunately, people want Pro Evo to be crap as well. Some people just want to spoil everyone else's fun.

Back
Top Bottom