FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

The video looks good(only the shooting is too easy), but i cant trust EA marketing videos anymore sorry. any new information about the demo?

they just want to sell,because fifa players are millions around the world
Every company wants to sell, otherwise they'd make no money. Who wants a company that makes no money? :eh:

The demo is still officially scheduled for Thursday this week.

The video looks good(only the shooting is too easy), but i cant trust EA marketing videos anymore sorry. any new information about the demo?

yes 13th September Xbox 360 and PS3 marketplace and Store

CONFIRMED!!!!!!! no other BS is true

what a goal from RVP

I couldnt give a monkeys what the AI is set at in the demo, as everyone knows i am 100% multiplayer when it comes to footy games. So as long as my mates are available im OK

For some reason it posted in the wrong thread, and so the demo is out thursday nice, fifa demo, friendly match for footy, and then 5 a side league match, good day for football :D

Also from way earlier pg 116 or something, cutbacks are not bugs! Also that bug from the game was fixed in PES6 anyway so theres no point complaining about that, and super cancel is a good idea, because even in fifa, your players are magnetic to the ball, especially when recieving the ball, what supercancel would allow me to do is, not receive it, let it roll on, then run onto it rather than stopping and tuning, all those neat things, or purposely leaving the ball etc!

In my eyes its better for control :D Also lets me run into the keeper at corners and knock him out the way haha :D

Last edited:

Cutbacks are not bugs at all, I will strongly suggest people learn to defend, in the ed of the way, bugs are said to be unstoppable, well cut backs are so easy to prevent yet so easy to make, first of all the other player has to get into the position to cut back, then the pass has to be good, then the shot has to be good, if you can take away one of those 3 options the cutback fails, stop them getting into the positon, cutback prevented, stop/intercept the pass, it fails, stop them from shooting, e.g tackle them, it fails.

People let in too many cutbacks as they cant defend, its why in pro evo defending is an actual art :D

And in real life, this is the simulation, if a team can cutback, they will take the chance and tap it in, so its realistic.

Further I will say PES6 doesnt have any bugs that I know of that effects gameplay online or offline!

and you can say th exact same thing about the finesse shot in FIFA 07 thts not the point! its a problem in the game I dont concede to many goals off it but its the only way people score or want to score which gets boring and repetitive most of the vids i saw from leipzig showed cutbacks what does that tell me! its the same problem with every other PES ive played

Cut back and tap x its not a skill to score! or defend as in fact half the time my A.I controlled players are running away from the players even when im holding X (Second player pressure) and the player im controlling i try and move into a position to stop the cut back it works a few times but not at all if ur opponent decides to go with a 4-2-4 formation or 3-2-5 which seems to be quite popular!

using 5-4-1 etc doesnt work or setting 5 defenders as CB it may not be a bug to you but its a flaw in the game!

jst like the Finesse shot in fifa of coure you can prevent it but everytime (NO)

After watching the slo-mo of the RVP free kick, I actually think it was the sheer power that over-stretches the net.

Frame by frame,The ball strikes the top then pulls out as it reams down then comes back in towards the bottom of the net(tighter area).

Looks fantastico in my opinion.

Defo buying this.

the video is on easy. We've already seen other vids where the defenders were much more capable than those ones. As far as the RVP's goal goes...im stoked if the AI can score belters on easy...makes it a heap better...imagine the sweet flowing moves and clever goals they can score on world class!!

lol jambotomm - i would imagine it would be the same as the PC demo:

milan, barca, man-ure, ny jerseys

(think that's it)

I heard it was...

Tranmere Rovers
Hearts
Cowdenbeath
Southampton
Sheffield Wed
Leeds Utd
Liverpool.

I could be wrong, But if Evo-web made demos...

:lol::lmao: Yeah that would be good!!

I could beat Tranmere in the last minute..... (hint hint Jack ;))

If you're hinting to the final leagues standings then seriously mate, you have no threat from us. Come November we'll be mid-table and lining up our best players to ship out in time for January. Tranmere almost never maintain a good start.

*Sigh* Thank God for FIFA and fantasy football.

Please placebo, can you up the new video on the media fire (Cant acces gametrailers from my work)???? Thanks!!!

imagine the mighty cowden in the game!!! Oh that would make me the happiest man alive.

One day mate, one day.

It will just be nice to see REAL scottish teams in a next gen game.

Such as Hibs,Aberdeen,Dundee utd etc.

Celtic and Rangers don't really count, do they ?(Ireland and England lovers)

:lol:

the only time the crowd wakes up is when there's a bad tackle or a goal.

Whilst I agree with you about the oohing and awwwing and such, saying the crowd only wake up on a tackle/goal isn't true in UCL 360 as you well know, each team has a number of authentic chants/songs that massively add to the match atmosphere and contribute to making it feel more like an actual televised game :)

The official soundtrack list of FIFA 2008 has been announced.

ARTIST - SONG - ALBUM - COUNTRY
!!! - All My Heroes Are Weirdos - Myth Takes - USA
Apartment - Fall Into Place - The Dreamer Evasive - UK
Art Brut - Direct Hit - It’s A Bit Complicated - UK
Aterciopelados - Paces - Oye Colombia
Babamars - The Core - Surprising Twists - France
Bodyrox feat. Luciana - What Planet You On? - UK
Bonde do Rolê - Solta O Frango - With Lasers - Brazil
CAMP - From Extremely Far Away - Talking Cure - Switzerland
Carpark North - Human - All Things To All People - Denmark
CéU - Malemolência - CéU - Brazil
Cheb i Sabbah - Toura Toura: Nav Deep Remix - La Ghriba: La Kahena Remix - Algeria
CSS - Off The Hook - Cansei De Ser Sexy - Brazil
Datarock - Fa-Fa-Fa - Datarock Datarock - Norway
Digitalism - Pogo - Idealism - Germany
Disco Ensemble - We Might Fall Apart - First Aid Kit - Finland
Dover - Do Ya - Follow The City Lights - Spain
Heroes & Zeros - Into The Light - Strange Constellations - Norway
Ivy Queen - Que Lloren - Sentimiento - Puerto Rico
Junkie XL - Clash - Felt EP - Holland
Jupiter One - Unglued - Jupiter One - USA
Kenna - Out Of Control (State Of Emotion) - Make Sure They See My Face - Ethiopia
K-Os - Born To Run - Atlantis: Hymns for Disco - Canada
La Rocca - Sketches (20 Something Life) - The Truth - Ireland
Lukas Kasha - Love Abuse - Animated People’s Republic - Norway
Madness feat. Sway and Baby Blue - I’m Sorry - I’m Sorry - UK
Maximo Park - The Unshockable - Our Earthly Pleasure - UK
Melody Club - Fever Fever - Scream - Sweden
Mexican Institute of Sound (MIS) - El Microfono - Piñata - Mexico
Modeselektor feat. Sasha Perera - Silikon - Hello Mom! - Germany
Noisettes - Don’t Give Up - What’s The Time Mr. Wolf? - UK
Pacha Massive - Don’t Let Go - All Good Things - USA
Peter Bjorn And John - Young Folks - Writer’s Block - Sweden
Planet Funk - Static - Static - Italy
Robyn - Bum Like You - Robyn - Sweden
Rocky Dawuni - Wake Up The Town - Book Of Changes - Ghana
Santogold - You Will Find A Way - Santogold - USA
Simian Mobile Disco - I Believe - Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release - UK
Superbus - Butterfly - Wow - France
Switches - Drama Queen - Heart Tuned To D.E.A.D - UK
The Automatic - Monster - Not Accepted Anywhere - Wales
The Cat Empire - Sly - Two Shoes - Australia
The Hoosiers - Mr. A - The Trick To Life - UK
The Hours - Ali In The Jungle - Narcissus Road - UK
The Tellers - More - The Tellers - Belgium
Tigarah - Culture, Color, Money, Beauty - Revolution - Japan
Travis - Closer - The Boy With No Name - UK
Tumi And The Volume - Afrique - Tumi And the Volume - South Africa
Vassy - Wanna Fly - My Affection - Australia
Wir Sind Helden - Endlich Ein Grund Zur Panik - Soundso - Germany
Yonderboi - Were You Thinking Of Me? - Splendid Isolation - Hungary

Though most of these bands are quite unknown, some of my favourite bands are included - CSS, Digitalism, Maxïmo Park, Peter Bjorn And John, Simian Mobile Disco.

Sounds good, EA. :)

Whilst I agree with you about the oohing and awwwing and such, saying the crowd only wake up on a tackle/goal isn't true in UCL 360 as you well know, each team has a number of authentic chants/songs that massively add to the match atmosphere and contribute to making it feel more like an actual televised game :)
Yeah but that's a given, club chants. That doesn't make it feel real to me though, it's the emotional reaction that makes it feel right. There could be a lot more.

I heard it was...

Tranmere Rovers
Hearts
Cowdenbeath
Southampton
Sheffield Wed
Leeds Utd
Liverpool.

I could be wrong, But if Evo-web made demos...

:applause:

Please placebo, can you up the new video on the media fire (Cant acces gametrailers from my work)???? Thanks!!!

Sure thing, on it now, I grabbed the .mov of the gametrailers vid because the wmv locked up my PC two times :( Quality is fairly similar anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom