FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

FIFA 07 wasn't the final version of the game - wasn't terrible but there were a lot more tweaks in the full game. UEFA CL was the same IIRC.

I can't really remember either but one huge thing was the missing commentary that as stupid as it sounds added a lot of enjoyment to the full game for me over the demo.

some german site reports the demo is out tomorrow, officially confirmed by ea...searching for the source now

some german site reports the demo is out tomorrow, officially confirmed by ea...searching for the source now

thats a pleasent news...
360 or ps3? i heard in the EA forums some guys saying that the ps3 version maybe would be out tomorrow in the US and thursday in EU, as those are the psn update days.

the demo comes out 13th september confirmed EA FIFA 08 FORUMS

anymore confirmation OPM?

i cant read german, but one guy at the Ea forums, said that in this site it states that the ps3 demo version is yet to be announced by Ea, which is a lie/mistake..make u wonder about the reliability of this site.
i hope its truth though.

Seeing as it was announced by EA admins that its out on Thursday, means they asked Microsoft and Sony who both told them Thursday. Don't see why it would come earlier.

Well the PlayStation Store gets updated on Thursdays, the Marketplace can be updated on any day as far as I know.

If the demo has passed certification I think Microsoft can put it up whenever they like. Still Thursday seems to be the most probable date.

http://www.gamezone.de/news_detail.asp?nid=55768
this is the page reporting the release tomorrow

news from today, so it could be real. now i'm checking german ea pages anre more gamesites...

Heute gab Electronic Arts offiziell bekannt, dass ab dem morgigen Tag eine spielbare Demo zu Fifa 2008 auf dem Xbox-Live-Marktplatz erscheinen wird, wobei die Größe und der Inhalt, sprich anspielbare Teams u. ä., noch unbekannt ist.

They say EA official announced the demo for tomorrow (11.9) @ xbox live marktplace

für die PS3 steht eine mögliche Demo-Ankündigung jedoch noch aus.

...but no information about the demo release for ps3.

He mentions it looks poor due to the AI, they do a few weird things but as you said it could be on low difficulty. Sweet looking goals and the nets are correct now, loving the way how the ball bounces when it deflects. Only worry for me was the last RVP goal, he smashes it with his right foot. Looks good though. Really can't wait for the demo now, most of my issues from previous versions seem gone. It really could be the daddy.

hmmmmmmmmmmm looks a bit like fifa 07 to me, shooting looks better and nets look better, i hope this is not a dissapointment, i really do

players can hit great shots with their weaker foot sometimes, as long as the shots are better with the strong foot most of the time it's ok I think.

I would have loved Rooney's goal to be disallowed because the ref had already blown for handball and given the penalty ;)

Well van Persie is better with his right foot than for example Riise is with his right? And in PES I've scored many 25 yard volleys with Riise's right foot and I was able to overlook that and just enjoy the goal ;)

The one thing from that video that had me replaying on super slo speed was the net on van Persie's freekick, I was trying to see if the ball actually goes through the back of the net which it does look like happens.....

van persie left footed isnt he?

Left footed, right footed.....does it really matter?? Players at the very top level can usualy score a great goal with thier wrong foot anyway.

As for the comments of the AI being poor, well i am slightly confused.

The only bit that looked odd to me was when ferdinand twisted around a tackle, but that was under the control of the participant not the CPU.

I though it looked lovely, great goals, great nets, some good movement and wonderful atmosphere.I think sometimes people's expectations are way above the abilities of the Developers and the hardware.With all said and done its a video game not the real thing, and there are always going to be moments of ..............WTF happened there???

the nets look first rate, which is the first time ever in a FIFA game and the ball physics have definately improved.

It runs soo smooth and the animation is great (not perfect, but still improved).

this is going to be great game offline let alone on line and I just cannot wait.

At the end of the day it reached a point where the Fifa series was solely made to print money, not in any way to advance the series or to give the fans who'd kept buying the game something new and improved, I think that's part of the resentment that many people cannot shake off.

A few years ago I was the same "EA are scum", "EA are whores", "EA only care about money", but from what I can see the Fifa series has been advancing in the last couple of years, Fifa08 next gen is a massive advancement from Fifa07 next gen. To my mind Konami started becoming the EA of Japan about 2-3 years ago and I found myself more and more disillusioned with them, so perhaps I'm harsher to criticise Konami than most, whereas for now I'm more willing to forgive EA for past transgressions, each person here has a different threshold for pain and forgiving ;)

So it's really not a massive surprise that for some people no matter how much EA puts into a new Fifa, how little Konami puts into a new PES, Konami will always be the good guys, EA will always be the bad guys, they will forgive PES for anything, expect Fifa to have everything yet still criticise, C'est la vie :)

The Scumchester United v Arsenal video looks great, im gagging to get my hands on the demo now!! :P

The colour has improved, much richer colours, rather than last years dull effort.

I'm impressed with the saves the keepers are pulling off, seems a lot more realistic when they palm it away.

The ball definately does go through the net by the way.

Back
Top Bottom