FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

I never look at net movement like you guys, I'll check the video and see what "proper" nets look like :)

Edit:I can't seem to notice anything hardly moving with the nets, I'm obviously not well versed on spotting these things :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah I must say it's not something I ever really notice, if I score I'm usually punching the air or going "yesss" (who said you don't get a good feeling when scoring in Fifa?), or if I concede then I'm usually swearing or looking at my controller as if it's to blame ;)

It must just be me then, i really like to see the net bulge when i hit a belter, just gives the whole feeling of scoring a better reaction.

Must just be me, im sad lol

tiktiktik; few im not the only one :D

I like my football games to be the nearest thing as possible to a real football match, including little features that make the gaming experience that little be more satisfying. (Hence the net hyppi loving vibe going on lol)

There are enough net lovers around here, im one of them aswell. They look really good :D

Me too, it really adds to the overall thrill of a goal, thats why I am not keen on tight nets that catapult a ball straight back out.

Nets on FIFA have inproved about 500% judging by the nets.:applause:

Back to the video, which is good, i find it strange that rvp is taking a freekick with his right foot. He can kick with both, but left is easily his preferred foot. Now in normal play shooting with either isnt anything strange, but to take a freekick with your wrong foot does make me wonder how much the player attributes limit the gameplay.

Uhhhh, actually just viewed the video again and its the opposite way round, left for freekick, right for normal play......ignore then :D

Giggs actually looks and movers like giggs which is really nice to see. Scholes needs a haircut though as his head looks to big atm.

I am sure that they fixed then nets because in fifa forums it was a major subject for years

The AI in that last video is very strange, has me slightly worried. The Arsenal defenders let the Man U guys do whatever they want, suggesting it's on easy. And yet, when the CPU attacks, they score an absolute belter with van Persie, which would suggest it wasn't on easy. :eh:

Of all the videos released so far this latest one is the most disappointing for me.

Yes, the nets look nice (bar the actual temporary bursting of the net on the free-kick as Placebo spotted) but the actual gameplay/movement/general fluidity looked exactly like Fifa 07.

I don't usually find negatives but today, on this one, it's how I feel.

i dont like this video...
the defensive line seems to be so much close to goal giving much space between the midfield line and defense line...
and the midfield players don´t help the defense to catch the ball in 0:16 to 0:29 ...
bad defense AI...
i hope that was just a bad impression and adjusting the strategy and formation this kind of problem can be solved...
still waiting for a demo!!!

What difficulty are the FIFA 07/UEFA CL demos set to?

I only ask because A) it will be a nightmare if we get a FIFA 08 demo stuck on easy difficulty, and B) with the UEFA demo, I can win one game 4-0 but lose the next game 1-0.

From what we've already seen, we know the defenders can play better than in that last video, so it's on easy, surely.

when the CPU attacks, they score an absolute belter with van Persie, which would suggest it wasn't on easy. :eh:

Yes but look at how the "player" tries to defend, he lets van Persie just walk through unchallenged by two defenders, even on easy the game should still punish someone who defends like a girl ;)

the defensive line seems to be so much close to goal giving much space between the midfield line and defense line...
and the midfield players don´t help the defense to catch the ball in 0:16 to 0:29 ...
bad defense AI...
i hope that was just a bad impression and adjusting the strategy and formation this kind of problem can be solved...

In UCL if my defenders are deeper than I want I make them push up (either by editing the formation or by choosing "high defensive line"), if I want them to play deeper, for example to tighten things up to run the clock out you can easily choose "deep defensive line" or adjust their position in the formation editor that works on the fly so to speak.

Obviously if the defence was that deep all the time with nothing to do to fix it then yeah I'd be worried :)

bad defense AI...

Put the game on world class/Legend turn passing assist off and see how much of a challenge it is.

The videos we keep seeing show no indication of difficulty levels and the best AI I have seen are when two human players are playing each other.

Dodgy AI is not concerning me at the moment because FIFA07 showed very much the same until I played the demo and then the game.

The biggest bugs for me look to have been sorted:

Tackling
Heading
Speed glitch
sweet spot goals
long ball glitch

Two of those (speed and sweet spot) were down to whether you used them anyway.

...i must say i really enjoyed the video...looks very good for me...can't wait...

btw; i think if we all know that all gamevids DEMO version are --> they all played in the easiest level...

so we should stop to argument about the AI...i would prefer some to draw comparisons about the physic and the movements...

raffa the foreigner W11 player

Last edited:

I only ask because A) it will be a nightmare if we get a FIFA 08 demo stuck on easy difficulty, and B) with the UEFA demo, I can win one game 4-0 but lose the next game 1-0.

From what we've already seen, we know the defenders can play better than in that last video, so it's on easy, surely.

It's always an easy level so as not to piss off the noobs :(

Wow, first video I have seen of FIFA 08, and it looks stunning. Very smooth and rich colours, players look OK, the nets are fantastic, which is a great improvement. You can't hit a sweet shot into a brick wall of a net, it just doesn't work, so majorly pleased the nets have been revamped!

I'm really looking forward to playing offline seasons and cups, I have CL on 360 and the only games I play are online as there's only 1 offline mode and I won that ages ago. It will be great to play a complete league in a lower division too, and also the MLS :-)

I am definately now awaiting this game, hope the release date doesn't get put back! Bring on the demo!

Semi Pro is default offline and Online

and in the fifa 07 demo you got to choose the difficulty of the match

Easy,Semi Pro, Pro, World Class

Surely the petinent question is "what level is the PC '08 demo on?"

I have the demo and can't remember having an option (prior to the expander) to set the difficulty.

It's quite tough to play so I reckon it's on Semi-Pro or Pro.

There is just one thing thats starting to niggle me....................The crowd is very,very static with only a slight clapping motion when someone scores.:shock:

There seems to be very little emotion played by the crowd except for noise.I would have thought they would rise at the exciting moments and jump about a bit when a goal is scored.

It would have also been superb to have had a cut scene of away supporters celebrating when appropriate.

I will be very surprised if the home team scores and we have 60,000 people clapping as though watching a 3 day test in cricket.

The vids seem like a nearly finished game so I am not too hopeful of much crowd reaction..............be a shame that:(

To be frank this video has impressed me a lot. Apart from the dodgy AI, which is probably due to the difficuly level, the game is looking really good. It's very smooth and graphically brilliant - the colours are amazing, as are the stadium details and for once the grass. I just love the simple and clean scoreboard as well.

Besides, the improved nets movement is just fantastic, it gives the game a lot more realism.

To be honest I really believe this will be the football game of the year. Well done, EA.

to be fair i think they have worked to get the crowd close to the park. If they are all giving it the big un its more moving about on screen.

There is just one thing thats starting to niggle me....................The crowd is very,very static with only a slight clapping motion when someone scores.:shock:

There seems to be very little emotion played by the crowd except for noise.I would have thought they would rise at the exciting moments and jump about a bit when a goal is scored.
I was talking to Noted last night and one of the things he said he'd like to see is improved atmosphere, and I agree entirely. Strange that you instantly attach the "best atmosphere" tag to FIFA and yet I hear more of it in Football Manager (which is a 2D management game for God's sake).

In FM2007, when a ball goes to an attacking midfielder or a winger in a good position to create an opportunity, the crowd gets excited (they start shouting "AAAHHH", "COME ON"). Then, because they're anticipating something, it's either followed by "YEAHHHHH" (a goal), "AWWWWW" (a miss) or "ahh" plus "WAHEY" from the away end (a terrible miss). There's even crowd noise for when nothing is happening and the ball is just being passed back and forth, they start screaming "COME ON!!!" frustratedly to try and wake the team up.

In games like FIFA and PES you don't get that, the only time the crowd wakes up is when there's a bad tackle or a goal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom