FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Tnx placebo, that worldwide cup tournament sounds good aswell. Especially if the teams really do feel and play different per region (italian cattanacio vs prem speed etc). Although i might give grimsby a go.......

It will be a very different experience to pes i have to admit, where all these options just werent possible. We couldnt even have a proper CL as there were no home/away matches in the group stages.

Thats probably why i enjoyed the challenge mode in 07 so much, always missed those from the iss snes range. And then this year a full managermode/be a pro for a kick about, the tournament options, cool. Do they still have challenges in this version?

Last edited:

I cant wait to play with me beloved cruzeiro in the brazilain league...just too see our kit in beaultifull HD will be exciting!
i just hope Ea made somekind of continetal cup featuring MLS, Brazilain league, Mexican League andthe others non euroteams that we will find in the rest of the world section..
also it would be nice if the brazilian teams all came broke, and must sell all their top players to europe, just like IRL. i would hate to see brazilian teams with financial power...that would crash the game as i would see guys like rooney playing for fluminense, or such...not nice.
if these kind of things happenbs, ill just go and play my usual villarreal LA liga.

The actual quality of the machine is excellent and if your a fan of HD movies then I'd reccomend a PS3 in an instant but as a gaming platform which is what the Playstation name has made it's name from then sadly it's not worth owning unless money is no object. But to have one over a XBOX 360 and then call yourself a gamer is ludicrous to say the least.

My friend i've had one. i don't miss it it all...

It was very very nice in the beginning,but I felt cheated honestly cheated. i went with an Xbox elite after my premium broke.

i play sports games and many of the EA ones are going to be 60 FPS on the 360 while not on the PS3. i couldn't do it this year anymore anyway.

If PES tends to be better for PS3 then it's about the ONLY thing that plays better on the ps3...(Rant Over) back on topic

This demo better be good. I can not be let down by another next gen Fifa...:((everyone knows what i mean. we are ALL waiting for the "amazing one")

Anyone who buys a console when it first comes out is bound to feel ripped off (unless it was a Dreamcast or N64 at launch).

I love my 360 right now and wouldn't trade it in for anything else, but at launch I just wasn't bothered in it, the launch games were the same crap that's on PS3 right now, but I know I'll come to love PS3 when the big titles come out.

Anyone who buys a console when it first comes out is bound to feel ripped off (unless it was a Dreamcast or N64 at launch).

I love my 360 right now and wouldn't trade it in for anything else, but at launch I just wasn't bothered in it, the launch games were the same crap that's on PS3 right now, but I know I'll come to love PS3 when the big titles come out.

Very right. i waited to get a 360 about 6 months in and waited about 5 months in on the ps3. loved the Konami baseball game and MLB 07 the Show but sadly that was it...

*on phone eatin pizza typing with one hand8 sorry guys

I meant that it's great that we can have stadiums that can be substituted for lesser ones...

I hope that we can assine stadiums to clubs, one of the things that dissapointed me in 07 was that nearly every away game was in the same stadium no matter what the club. That really took the atmosphere away for me.

I hope that we can assine stadiums to clubs, one of the things that dissapointed me in 07 was that nearly every away game was in the same stadium no matter what the club. That really took the atmosphere away for me.

same for me, and evan worst that the team i used(villarreal) also played in that generic stadium. so 90% of my games were there.

Hey Jack ,what can you tell about defending ?Has it been improved ?Do we still se those crazy runs made by CPU players where they go and dribble past 4-5 players (on FIFA07 and UEFACL 2006-2007 )before scoring with a terrific shot ? Thks for any kind of reply .

Kouroux, the messages I've written were based on my experience of FIFA 07 and UEFA CL, and Placebo's experience of FIFA 08 (plus the EA SPORTS press releases). I haven't played FIFA 08 yet myself. Can't wait until Thursday though (hopefully it's released early - I'm greedy :D).

Kouroux, the messages I've written were based on my experience of FIFA 07 and UEFA CL, and Placebo's experience of FIFA 08 (plus the EA SPORTS press releases). I haven't played FIFA 08 yet myself. Can't wait until Thursday though (hopefully it's released early - I'm greedy :D).

Ok my bad then ;) ,will you please check how is defending against CPU for me ? Thks

In regards to a few debates further up, i bought a 360 at launch, got a refund a week later, got another one 6 months later, didnt like it that much again, got a refund. got a 360 in aplril, my 3rd, due to my brother getting one. significintly this time, i had xbox live to go with it, and the games were excellent, and i honestly havent stopped playing it since i bought it. sometimes just dont bother with sleep,lol. from my point of view, it took a bit for the xbox to get going, but now, the games that keep coming are incredible, just a steady stream of quality.

im not to sure bought the ps3, i loved the ps2 and am not any kind of fanboy, just too expensive in my opinion, and as most people will agree, there is not many games around for it. im also a bit sceptical, as alot of things seem to be going wrong, and alot of cross platform projects are suffering apparently due to developers struggling with the ps3. as i said im no fanboy, and personally i want it to just take off, so i can then buy one and have even more great games to play, but right now, im not so sure.

secondly regarding controllers, i have played pes since the ps1, and loved the controllers, always said the dualshock was made for pes. so when i got pes 6 a few weeks ago, i immediatly bought an adapter online and a dualshock, the dualshock took a few days, and i kinda got used to the 360 one. when i began to use the dualshock when it arrived it felt terrible, i gave it a week, but it was just so small and light and hurt your hands. sent them both back. im glad i went back to it for a bit, coz i had the dualshock as untouchable. but after using them both in the same day on the same game, it just felt really wrong.

Well lets put controllers aside from now, as truth be told, we all will play the game with what pad we want and in no way should it effect the gameplay besides the way our hands are around the controller :D

I cant wait to start a season with Saints get them back up and shizzle :D Gotta make myself and put me in there aswell if possible, same with be a pr, if I can create a player I will play as myself, otherwise I dunno theo maybe? Went to same college and because loads of people think I look like him :( I dont though :(

The other things about cups doubt I will try, world cup and euro cup if its there, to get the trophies. A custom cup on a thursday with the lads before footy at GOALS, and then I dunno try online.

The amount of teams doesnt bother me either, half of them I wont use, I dont see the point of many online, its obvious my Saints will be facing, Arsenal, Barca, AC, Inter, Brazil, England, Argentina, Real, Chelsea, Man U etc. Better smash them like I did on 07.

The amount of teams doesnt bother me either, half of them I wont use, I dont see the point of many online, its obvious my Saints will be facing, Arsenal, Barca, AC, Inter, Brazil, England, Argentina, Real, Chelsea, Man U etc. Better smash them like I did on 07.
You'd be surprised, when there's more teams there's a lot more players willing to go a different kind of team. With FIFA 07 online, on PS2 (which I only played online a few times, at a friend's house), when people saw you selecting a lower side they would usually select a non-premiership side.

They should let you specify a maximum star rating when creating a match, actually, although there's nothing to stop you saying over the microphone "if you don't pick a side from this league I won't start the game". And you can always play with mates, and add decent people to your list who you know will play fair.

To at least some extent, online is what you make of it. I had, without doubt, the best online football games of my life with some of the guys off Evo-Web (in FIFA 07 I should add). Loads of varying styles of football, and no cheating.

See thats what I played it on Fifa 07 PS2, infact I remember I played 7 games online faced 4 arsenals and 3 barcelonas won 6 drew 1 all with saints, and I wasnt even that good at the game :S

On the PS2 there was no mic, didnt have one anyway :D

Infact PES6 PS2 had a much better online than Fifa 07 I think from what I could remember :D

I can sy the best games I have ever had have been on PES4 the one I played msot on XBOX Live, playing in loads of leagues, aswell as playing An1mal and loads of others! Theres loads of varying styles on PES online aswell, and I mean alot, the formations I have seen vary so much. But I guess thats not down to the game more the people.

But I tend to find, play the ones you know for games with different teams haha!

Finally cracked Uefa Back on last night after re buying it.

And I love it.

I started the ultimate team mode and its brilliant.

I feel the game is a touch too slow, but if they sort the heading out Fifa 08 is gonna be fantastic.

I really enjoyed the Ultimate Team mode, I enjoyed the aspect of buying packs of cards and not knowing who you'd get next. Enjoyed it up until I loaded it up and the game seemed to forget all but two players on my team anyway :(

Would be great if the same idea was in FIFA 08 but haven't seen a mention of it.

I really enjoyed the Ultimate Team mode, I enjoyed the aspect of buying packs of cards and not knowing who you'd get next. Enjoyed it up until I loaded it up and the game seemed to forget all but two players on my team anyway :(

Would be great if the same idea was in FIFA 08 but haven't seen a mention of it.

Yeah it would be a great addition its something that little bit different.

All you need to do is buy another bronze pack of cards and the squad should reappear.

The 3 yellow cards = perpetual 1 game match bug is really annoying, disappointing that EA didn't bother to fix it in an update :(

IMO Fifa08 doesn't need the ultimate team mode, that mode is more of a filler for the in-between titles like World Cup and UCL, Fifa08 has plenty with all the online modes and offline manager mode and be a pro and all that :)

Now you tell me Placebo :) Jack had the same problem too, I wonder if he fixed it?

Back
Top Bottom