FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Seeing as TG is posting it twice, I'll post it twice :p

In all the videos I've seen so far I've been totally impressed with FIFA 08, however, I have to admit in that one the way that their shoulders are moving up and down when they run (as if they're in a car going over a series of bumps) looks terrible... That's the first video of FIFA 08 so far that I've been seriously unhappy with. I could believe that the GK AI is only bad for some goals because of the difficulty level, but there's animation there that doesn't look right at all.

EDIT: I take it back, completely. Was just watching England v Israel, and that's how they move. I must be used to seeing PES, which isn't motion-captured and makes it look like ultra-light robots running on air.

Last edited:

i liked very uch this last video...
the 3º goal was very realistic in my guess...
there are 2 things that i´m not like:
1º is the crowd reaction... they don´t move when you score...

2º is the way players control the ball with both feet... they run changing the feets that controls the ball... i know that this happens some times but i prefer that in fifa players controls and passes the ball with theirs proper (stronger) feets like in PES...

but with this video i admit that i´m very, very impressed with the AI teammates...
amazing how they movement around the ball giving you options of pass...
in the 1º goal, players from chelsea (like essien for exemplo) give you much option off pass... it seems so natural and real!!! looks fantastic!!!

Look terrible for me, shitty physique, animation etc...

ThomasOWNGOAL is worried, it's been an awful year for him, his beloved PS3 hasn't lived up to expectation and the true next gen PES / WE he talked about since the 360 release last year has turned out to be an upgrade at best. Go easy on him lads it can't be easy having your gaming world collapse around you.

JayD, do you have both a 360 and a PS3? Which do you prefer, as I am getting one of them soon YES! Sorry for going off topic :D

That's a shame would love winning the league on -15 points just like where going to do in real life ;) hehe

Dizzy heights up there by the way Jack!! :D

dutty_nose111 - if you can afford a ps3 no problem then id go for that.

It's not going to break every few months for a start.

And the ps3 has only been out a few months (at least in the uk) - I remember the 360 had nothing worth playing after the launch titles until September time and then we got a bunch of great ones crop up.

By Christmas the ps3 will be fine.

The games are more or less the same these days as well - so your choice really is between the exclusives like mass effect, halo and MGS, Gran turismo etc

Yeah thanks Radiation, I probably wouldn't play games like Mass Effect as I only really play football, driving and GTA games :)

I speak about the video of FIFA08 ON PS3, and for me this game don't change, the last video with the new camera show all defaut of the game, look shit for me, scripted etc... If you like it, it's perfect for you.

I speak about the video of FIFA08 ON PS3, and for me this game don't change, the last video with the new camera show all defaut of the game, look shit for me, scripted etc... If you like it, it's perfect for you.

I really don't like your biased view of Fifa. Whilst I can accept your opinion, I think you are just clearly a person who like PES a little too much and therefore looks for things that are possibly flawed in Fifa. Scripting? You can not possibly say that unless you have played this game enough :8): And even the PES developers admit they use scripting - ever wonder why you get/concede very early/very late goals....

dutty_nose111 - if you can afford a ps3 no problem then id go for that.

It's not going to break every few months for a start.

And the ps3 has only been out a few months (at least in the uk) - I remember the 360 had nothing worth playing after the launch titles until September time and then we got a bunch of great ones crop up.

By Christmas the ps3 will be fine.

The games are more or less the same these days as well - so your choice really is between the exclusives like mass effect, halo and MGS, Gran turismo etc

i would go for a xbox360 elite now. definatly.

JayD, do you have both a 360 and a PS3? Which do you prefer, as I am getting one of them soon YES! Sorry for going off topic :D
360 definatly, without doubt at the moment it's the best gaming machine with many more titles. Get an Elite and a lot of reliabilty issues have been sorted, the online side is better and the games catalouge is miles ahead. You also have a 3 year warranty.

Scripted? :lmao:

Please go away. Thomas you bring many benefits to the forum but your PES / PS3 bias makes you seem a bit of a childish knob at times.

360 definatly, without doubt at the moment it's the best gaming machine with many more titles. Get an Elite and a lot of reliabilty issues have been sorted, the online side is better and the games catalouge is miles ahead. You also have a 3 year warranty.
100% agree. If you want a console now, get a 360. If you want a console next year, wait until the January sales and get a PS3.

That's a shame would love winning the league on -15 points just like where going to do in real life ;) hehe

Dizzy heights up there by the way Jack!! :D
I can't believe we're 2nd... It's an amazing feeling (for someone whose club has three or four seasons in a row finished 13th, bar the last one or two seasons). Suddenly, football feels great.

I hope there's a stats update so that we get more than one pissing star in FIFA 08!!!!

Isn't it funny how times change.

Pes fans tell the fifa fans their game is the same crap every year.

Now fifa's advancing and pes is the game with the tweaked updates each year.

Not because of the price, because of the amount of decent games available. I have a drawer full of 360 games I'm yet to complete. The only games I'm interested in on PS3 (exclusives) are Resistance and... That's it. Plus the achievements system, the friends system, everything is ten times better than on PS3. There will be some great games on the PS3 but nowhere near the amount that's currently on the 360, until early next year at least.

In my opinion, of course.

I know your not talking about this but take this into account, free online. I know what I'm getting anyway. End of.

:D

:p

Back
Top Bottom